Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV Spots

• 18-01-2008 1:27am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Anything Wire related post here

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Everyone's favourite politician Isiah "Sheeeeeeeeeeeet Clay Davis" Whitlock Jr. is in the film "Enchanted" for a few scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Amy Ryan i.e. Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell from Season 2 and beyond has been nominated for an oscar for her part in Gone Baby Gone. (very good film BTW)

Daniels is in Lost now too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

JPA wrote: »
    Amy Ryan i.e. Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell from Season 2 and beyond has been nominated for an oscar for her part in Gone Baby Gone. (very good film BTW)

Daniels is in Lost now too.

Thats fairly cool for Amy Ryan. Never even heard of the film. I should get out more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

To put it like a true gentleman: I'd love to take Amy Ryan out to dinner and then back to my house for a brandy and game of backgammon

Lance "Cedric Danniels" Reddick was in "Lost", reminding me how ultimately inferior that castaway show is.

Domenick "Herc" Lombardozzi was in "Entourage" where he played a loser - keeping it to form then.

A number of the cast popped up in "The Kill Point".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I like herc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 mccafferty

Both the Greek and Tony Gray, the council man, had small parts in Michael Clayton.

Bubbles was in the latest episode of The sarah connor chronicles.
    He's a soldier which seems so wrong!
    His voice and accent are the exact same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Gbenga Akinnagbe (Chris Partlow) had a good role in The Savages. He plays a male nurse in an old folk's home which is pretty much the opposite of Chris Partlow!

Just after noticing that Robert Wisdom, who play's Bunny Colvin plays Lechero in Prison Break. I've never really watched prison break before, just caught the odd episode now and again but you'd hardly recognise the guy as Bunny from the wire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Clearly Dept. Comm is treating him well.

Not strictly a TV spot but Omar appeared in most of the R Kelly opera as the cop.

Think this is the first one hes in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Andre Royo[Bubbles] in Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Sherifu wrote: »
    Andre Royo[Bubbles] in Terminator:The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    That was quite a funny one. I've worked it into 'The Wire' too - he's sent back in time and can't cope with the pressure of saving the future and turns to heroin, calling himself Bubbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Just seen Omar(Swat Team member) and Bodie(bank robber) in new show on bravo The Kill Point, not bad

Actors from the Wire are everywhere.

D'Angelo and Norman are both in The Machinist.

Freamon is briefly in Notting Hill.

Watched 300 the other night and noticed McNulty in it. It was a big strange, he looked totally out of place, his facial expressions etc were the exact same as in The Wire. He looked more like McNulty trying to play the part rather than the actor heh.

I have 300. Gona give it a watch when I have a chance.

Just on that point though are you saying Jimmy is type cast? HE can only play one character?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭rosboy

JPA wrote: »
    Amy Ryan i.e. Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell from Season 2 and beyond has been nominated for an oscar for her part in Gone Baby Gone. (very good film BTW).

If memory serves me correctly, Omar is in Gone Baby Gone too.

Flicking through the channels yesterday and saw "The Siege" with Denzel Washington. Lt. Daniels is in it, with a small part. A minute or two later a uniformed cops turns round to give his one line of the film....and its Avon Barksdale!

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote: »
    I have 300. Gona give it a watch when I have a chance.

Just on that point though are you saying Jimmy is type cast? HE can only play one character?

I think he's type cast in our minds more than anything.
    But in saying that he's also in Hannibal Rising playing a french detective and it is so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jamie Hector[Marlo] in the Jericho finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

Judge Phelans in The Inside Man. He plays Denzel Washingtons boss in it.

I noticed the guy who plays Maurice Levy (the lawyer) in King of Queens when i was flicking through channels earlier on today. He played a bore at a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Was watching an episode of Cold Case on Sky One there and Michael B Jordan (Wallace) was in it. Then a few seconds later I see another character,hey its Maestro Harrell (Randy). They play brothers in the episode. About 10 minutes later they introduce the mother of one of the characters and hey its Sandi McCree (Delonda Brice-Namond's mom). I was half expecting the rest of the Wire cast to turn up after that,but didn't happen. Was funny to see them all one after the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shaz101

a lot pop up in csi vegas as well mostly small parts herc is in a few episodes as a police officer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I knew that Burrell was in Slience of the Lambs playing Barney, the attendant for Hannibal Lector in the prison, but I'm after watching Manhunter, the older version of Red Dragon, and he is in that too, playing a small role as a cop.

Daniels, Carver and Bodie are in Oz too.

There are so many Wire actors in Oz,from big parts to small roles.

The newest episode of Without a Trace had the guy who plays Levy in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I just saw the Hudsucker Proxy and Prez is great in it!

By the way, Norman Wilson played Kwerns in Oz, and Herc had a bit part, I cant think of any other actors in both the Wire and Oz, are there any more?

• Advertisement

Double C wrote: »
    I just saw the Hudsucker Proxy and Prez is great in it!

By the way, Norman Wilson played Kwerns in Oz, and Herc had a bit part, I cant think of any other actors in both the Wire and Oz, are there any more?

loads more,as you said the actors who plays Norman and Herc were in it for a bit. Rawls was in about 2 eps. Daniels played an under cover cop who
    eventually gets killed by the actor
    who plays Carver. The guy who plays Freamon was in an episode as was the chap who plays Burell. Then obviously there was Wangler who was Bodie in the Wire. Avon was the C.O that gave Sayid the gun in season 1. Method Man (Cheese) was in a few episodes. Thats all I can think of at the moment and I have only seen up to season 4 of OZ. There could be more in the last 2 seasons.

Advertisement