Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss.Marple

Totally agree!!Love Coralicious for summer..just back from a week in Canaries has Caralicious on finger & toenails whole week & didnt chip at all or have to reapply once..brill!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Okay last nailpolish post today!!

Elf Party Purple

hgfdx+002.JPG
    Oh my god, that is GORGEOUS!!!

What are ELF polishes like? Do they last long? I have the manicure set and it is useless, it's so watery and doesn't last for a day without chipping (in my experience anyway) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Oh my god, that is GORGEOUS!!!

What are ELF polishes like? Do they last long? I have the manicure set and it is useless, it's so watery and doesn't last for a day without chipping (in my experience anyway) :(

In my experience it's touch and go, some polishes are great and others are disappointing. That polish in particular wasn't the best to apply I had to put a few drops of polish remover into it to soften it up (it was very thick) but after it came out brilliant on my nails. I've got about 5 days out of some of their polishes but that's on an easy week :rolleyes: But for 1.70 what you get is pretty decent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

pixysarah wrote: »
    its super easy, just apply it like normal nail polish(just one thin coat) after a few seconds it will start to shatter.

i now have to have this shatter polish it looks amazing!! can i ask is it available in most chemists? and can you use the shatter coat over any polish or would it have to be an opi undercoat? thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pixysarah

Nightwish wrote: »
    I bought the black/silver shatter look polish and it just came out plain black. I initially thought I applied it wrong but now I think I have to put on silver polish underneath? Is that correct or am I wrong again? Thanks for your help!

yea you have to put some kind of nail polish underneath. so yea once you put the sliver nail polish on first and then when thats dry the black shatter you will get a black/sliver shatter look!
    emzibob wrote: »
    i now have to have this shatter polish it looks amazing!! can i ask is it available in most chemists? and can you use the shatter coat over any polish or would it have to be an opi undercoat? thanks :D
    you can only get opi in salon supply shops, or online(i think). but barry m and a few other high street brands have come out with a black shatter nail polish which you can get in boots/superdrug and its just as good and cheaper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

the barry m one is fab and its much cheaper than OPI you do need a nice top coat over it to make it look glossy rather than mat.
    My advice would be avoid the isa dora ones they did not work for me at all :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Barry M- Berry Ice Cream.

hehe, wearing this today! So pretty. <3 Barry M for cheap polishes in great colours

nailsv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

the barry m one is fab and its much cheaper than OPI you do need a nice top coat over it to make it look glossy rather than mat.
    My advice would be avoid the isa dora ones they did not work for me at all :(

I just got 2 Barry M effects polish in Boots Liffey Valley. They are on promotion at the moment, 2 for €8. Normally they are €6 each. I got the black and white, shown below for your viewing pleasure :) No top coat, I quite like the matt look :)

5818259238_af134da1cf_m.jpg

5817691687_f503229569_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If someone with a hand fetish falls across this thread they're going to think all their birthdays came at once :D

I think someone asked about putting on nail wraps yourself earlier on - I've done it, it's actually not that hard (especially if you're bizarrely ambidextrous with a nail polish brush from years of trying to get the nails on your left/right hand perfect). I used the Penneys leopard print wraps and they were fab! and lasted for ages, I had them on for a good 10 days without them looking tatty. Might buy some more over the weekend if they still have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I'm wearing barry m nail paint in mushroom. Love it! Think these polishes last really well.

P1020081.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

OPI Steady As She Rose from Pirates of the Caribbean collection

Orlee wrote: »
    OPI Steady As She Rose from Pirates of the Caribbean collection

Lovely!

This is Skull & Glossbones from the same OPI collection.

Without flash
    5818474743_967911cc94_m.jpg

With flash
    5818474519_5117dedc1b_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

LOVE THIS THREAD

Barry m 314 Nail Effects with Gosh Lavender Love
    Tracys40th038.jpg
    And my favorite at the moment SinfulColors Boogie Nights
    Tan2011.jpg

I'm wearing The Lime Starts Here by The Colour Club. This polish is from their Wicked Sweet collection and once they have dried they have a gorgeous fragrance. This one smells like sour apples it reminds me of the hubba bubba bubble gum in sour apple :)

260106_10150216255852259_833992258_7069998_7089214_n.jpg

252951_10150216255982259_833992258_7070000_7550574_n.jpg

Asphyxia wrote: »
    I'm wearing The Lime Starts Here by The Colour Club. This polish is from their Wicked Sweet collection and once they have dried they have a gorgeous fragrance. This one smells like sour apples it reminds me of the hubba bubba bubble gum in sour apple :)

260106_10150216255852259_833992258_7069998_7089214_n.jpg

252951_10150216255982259_833992258_7070000_7550574_n.jpg

Where did you get this??? I want! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

LOVE that lime green polish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

P2100323.JPG
    (not my nails-they belong to parisky)
    miss sporty.i think its called red tango.my favourite red at the moment! and the polish stays on for almost a week without chiping(and thats with a very cheap clear top coat)

Where did you get this??? I want! :D

I got it off ebay! I'm not sure if there's a proper online store for this polish I haven't been able to track it down despite me trying.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Saw this linked on Reddit this evening, thought it looked pretty interesting.

wow I'm loving the finished effect but not sure I'd have the patience :rolleyes: anyone tried it?

• Advertisement

Okay so I was on ebay this morning and couldn't resist so I purchased another three polishes from Color Clubs Wicked Sweet collection. The colours I got were..

Wicked Sweet
    Color+Club+Wicked+Sweet+%25284%2529.jpg

Raspberry Rush
    Color+Club+Rasberry+Rush+%25284%2529.jpg

Gimme a Grape Big Kiss (love that name!!)
    Color+Club+Gimme+A+Grape+Big+Kiss+%25284%2529.jpg

Can't wait to get them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Novella wrote: »
    Just took this with my webcam so excuse the picture crapness!

Photo241.jpg

Rimmel - Misty Jade.

LOVE that colour but can't find it in the shops, is it from the old range??

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭beamgirl

I'm wearing Purple Diamond from Essence which cost <€2 in Heatons...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Saw this linked on Reddit this evening, thought it looked pretty interesting.
    I decided to try this today and the results were nowhere near as pretty as the girl's. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Gosh nail varnish were 2 for €12 in my local chemist so I decided to try them out, I assumed they'd be good. I was really disappointed in comparison to my usual Barry M nail varnishes. With one coat it looked crap, and ended up going really blotchy. I ended up needing to use 3 coats to get it looking decent. Hopefully it'll last well now.

The colour is 547, Blue Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

tan11ie wrote: »

"Sky High" is pretty similar too that.

The first on second row:

http://www.rimmellondon.com/uk/products/60-seconds-nail-polish/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

tan11ie wrote: »
    Nope, it's new out.

China Glaze - Mr. and Mrs.

259874_10150216851717259_833992258_7075117_2860655_n.jpg

Very sheer and doesn't come out as dark as what's in the bottle. In the light you can see a pinkish hue popping through which is lovely :) Not your typical colour it's unique and I like it :D

ordered a few new polishes on ebay last night:

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Steady as she rose
    OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Skull & glossbones
    OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Planks alot

& China Glaze Crackle glaze fault line in purple... my first Chine Glaze polish - hoping it's good :D can't wait for them to arrive now

anybody got any recommendations for ebay sellers for OPI - I like the one I currently use but am looking for a certain colour that she doesn't have:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ordered a few new polishes on ebay last night:

OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Steady as she rose
    OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Skull & glossbones
    OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Planks alot

& China Glaze Crackle glaze fault line in purple... my first Chine Glaze polish - hoping it's good :D can't wait for them to arrive now

anybody got any recommendations for ebay sellers for OPI - I like the one I currently use but am looking for a certain colour that she doesn't have:rolleyes:

PM sent :D

Advertisement