Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Vs. DIT Journalism?

• 24-03-2013 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm currently studying journalism at Fetac level 5 and at the moment I have distinctions in 13 modules ( I know only 8 are counted) and I hope to get an offer in the CAO for one of my choices (I read, not sure if true, that places are offered through random selection. So that's a slight worry) when the offers come out in August.

I currently have these two on my CAO but I'm unsure as to which one to put first. I live a bus journey from both so location isn't an issue.

I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the differences between the two and if anybody has studied either whether they enjoyed it or not.

I guess the biggest difference is possibly the fact that DIT's course is a year longer at 4 years. That isn't weighing on my mind too much, even though I'd be 26/7 by the time I'd get a degree.

But in terms of facilities, career opportunities and the overall quality of the course, which one would people recommend?

I appreciate any help! Thanks!

Advertisement