Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

7 year old wrapped her newly fallen out tooth in tissue, tied with ribbon and with a cent coin added to it for the tooth fairy. Of course we thought this was so sweet of her that she got an extra euro for the tooth.
    hmmm...a shrewd businesswoman...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

DD 17mths has been sick now since Friday and has very high fever. Of course we are fussing over her and giving her loads of cuddles. It's given her loads of opportunity to use her exciting new phrase in tones made to make us calm down and leave her alone and stop all the fussing and just leave her the run of the couch and TV and her blanket........ "I'm fine!" Said just like a little miniature ginger d'Unbelievable! So cute! She even said it to the doctor when he tried to take her temperature!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Two very different things happened over the weekend which made me smile.

First, my near 4 year old boy was off to bed. I asked him to do his wee. So he lifts the toilet seat+cover up about 3 inches from the bowl and rests his tummy against it. Then wees between the gap. Very efficient (and very funny).

Then my 7 year old boy is in the school choir and sang "Circle of Friends" to us in bed yesterday morning. It was so sweet and uplifting. It would melt the stoniest of hearts and you might have "something" in your eye after :D

Lyrics
    You have friends, you are not alone,
    Thanks to them, you're not on your own,
    You are strong, even when you feel small.

From the rain, they will shelter you,
    In your pain, they will comfort you,
    They will always pick you up when you fall.

Circle of friends, all around you,
    Circle of friends, strong and true,
    Circle of friends, always there for you.

Even when you are far apart,
    To your friends you’re joined heart to heart.
    Far away you are not on your own.
    You’re not there but they think of you.
    In their prayers they remember you.
    You are never truly alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My son pulled my trousers down in Aldi today when I was reaching for a bottle of olive oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

My son pulled my trousers down in Aldi today when I was reaching for a bottle of olive oil.

:D

/sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

ROFLMAO :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

We're expecting a 3rd and recently broke the news to our two girls.

We were in the car driving out to see Granny and no. 2 starts talking in the back...

Mummy... daddy... sissy... me... [pause] ... and baby something

She was obviously sitting back there working it all out for herself, thinking of how the future family will look :-)

So adorable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I found the wee boy (2) in the bathroom peering a little guiltily into the wash-hand basin.
    - What have you put down there now? I asked wearily
    - Drugs! he replied
    Sure enough, the little plastic 'syringe' used to give him his Vitamin D was nestling in the S-bend.

I guess we're safe whenever the feds come a-knockin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Daughter was away camping for the weekend... Told me today that she got in trouble... She said she was sharing a tent with 7 girls and she had them all crying cause she was telling them ghost stories...:o:o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ehh... this... she won't sit down and just wants to try to "walk" lately... yet she has no balance... :o:o:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

Aaaawwww! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

7 y.o. found a really big worm in the garden and sat beside him protecting him from the birds until her daddy put him in the compost bin where he would be safe. :)

Ehh... this... she won't sit down and just wants to try to "walk" lately... yet she has no balance... :o:o:o

OMG ! Adrienne she is so gorgeous!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hahahaha. That's legendary. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ronanm

At bedtime recently, after a day which had included a wander down Grafton st., my five year old commented.. "They weren't real statues to-day Daddy..<pause>..unless maybe they put batteries in them!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

My little girl(1) calls me sar sar (Sarah), has always disappointed me as want her to call me mammy. Today I was leaving for work and my mam had her at the window waving me off and she was crying after me and then she called "Mammy". Got teary eyed. One of the best feelings in the world:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

last night me, my wife and 5 yr old daughter re-enacted an episode of masterchef, i was so happy when the lone contestant Leah won again

DD 18mths lifted up my top and flurped my bellybutton before bed!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my princess makes me smile everyday, but on friday she had her second riding lesson ever and she was deemed the best in class! she got a rosette for being so good! shes a natural!

she also called the cat a dickhead on saturday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Wasnt today but here goes. My son was staying with his daddy yesterday & had attended a birthday party so I called him to see how he had got on. Conversation was going as the way conversations go with 6 year old boys when he says ''mammy Im breaking up with you'' so Im looking at the phone going ''huh???'' so I asked him what he was saying & he replied ''mammy im breaking up with you cause the phone keeps going fuzzy''. I LOL'd....I think he was supposed to say the line was breaking up...ah well It was funny to me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

my daughter recited a prayer she had learned in school the other night, when i asked what it was about, she said "i dunno".
    then i asked her "who is this god chap?", she responded with "eh, maybe mr. brennan?"
    - mr. brennan is the principal.

LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

Yeaterday - My 6 year old daughter made/wrote a book called "Owl and it's baby owl" to "sell in the local shop".
    When I looked at the cover, she had done "written by *name here* age 6" on the bottom in tiny writing.
    She said she had to make the writing small because that's how they are on the real books.. Had to be there but it was so thought out and cute!!
    Also, watched proudly as my 3 year old son mopped up the rest of my vindaloo last night, along with nan bread dipped in chili sauce.. Thats my boy!! The spicier the better!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Was listening yo my 16-month son (still use the monitor) earlier when he was settling down to sleep. He was messing around in his cot and randomly giggling at something and then just starting cooing Daddy-Daddy-Daddy..

Think he has me (correctly) identified as the softer touch who may go up and play with him. :D

Threw his little arms around me and said "my darling."

He also added his uncle and the dog to his prayer list. "

• Registered Users Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

stovelid wrote: »
    Was listening yo my 16-month son (still use the monitor) earlier when he was settling down to sleep. He was messing around in his cot and randomly giggling at something and then just starting cooing Daddy-Daddy-Daddy..

Think he has me (correctly) identified as the softer touch who may go up and play with him. :D
    My 13 month old daughter does the same but it's still 'Dada' at this stage :)

Saw some images of ducks in a pond. Yelled and pointed "mommy dinner! dinner!'

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

LAst night. driving home from visiting friends, I was telling my children how much I loved them and my 3 year old son said "Mammy, I have one hero and it's you"!! How sweet!
    Then, as I reached for another nicorette gum he asked what they were, I explained that they were special chewing gums to help Mammy stop smoking, to which he replied (bear in mind that he's 3)
    " Well I was smoking all weekend and I need to stop now so can I have one too"
    Legend!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Went to my daughters PT meeting and it was a glowing result all around :D

She's the reading age of a child a year and a half older and is in the 87th percentile on English and 97th percentile on maths. Also is artistic and well mannered.

I'm so so proud of her! Myself and ex had a bad break up a year+ ago and she has clearly bounced back. Now I'm worrying about how to encourage her without being pushy and how to pay for the fantastic university she will no doubt get herself into :p

On top of that, she is funny and lovely and kind and sweet. (not bragging at all :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Smiled with my little 23 month old dude this morning when he laughed all the way through his swine flu jab (in his leg and it looked sore !) because he was getting a lollipop afterwards from the nurse !!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

Was bringing my 3 year old to the creche the other morning when there must have been some ad on the radio featuring a grandad.
    She pipes up from the back "Sure my gwandads are dead Daddy" "Yes Grainne they are in heaven"
    "Sure heaven is behind the gold door Daddy" Gold door says I to meself, what is she on about now "No princess, heaven is up in sky, they are looking down at you and minding you"
    Laughter from the back "Dont be silly Daddy, only birdies and the tooth fairy (she has two older brothers who have been visited by the tooth fairy) live up in the sky, they are in the gold door behind the curtain with baby Jesus"

It was only then I realised that she thinks that heaven is in the tabernacle at church and thats where baby Jesus is as well. The gold door behind the curtain. I nearly crashed the car laughing.

Advertisement