Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The YooToob thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Dartz

In the preceeding video, viewer discretion should've been advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Dartz wrote:

Damn. Reminded me of the aftermath of an accident I came across on the Naas road about 20 years ago, car chopped in two by an artic after crossing over from the 'southbound' lane into a Dublin bound refrigeration tractor trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Dartz wrote: »

Jaysus, is that a pair of legs sticking up out of what remains of the car from 0:08 to the end of the video??

Also, what a bastard in the silver jeep, hope he got a long stretch for that lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

JCDUB wrote: »
    Jaysus, is that a pair of legs sticking up out of what remains of the car from 0:08 to the end of the video??

No. Looks like the headlining from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Dartz

JCDUB wrote: »

Also, what a bastard in the silver jeep, hope he got a long stretch for that lunacy.

Single Lady driver. With drunken husband egging her on.

Thought it was part of the alleged car's frame. That thing just disintegrated on impact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Dartz wrote: »

Which video exactly?

On the subject of YouTube crash videos, an awful lot of them seem to be from Russia.

Russia's roads are not the safest, that's for sure, with a fatality rate per 100,000 population around 4-5 times that of safer countries like the UK, Sweden and the Netherlands. Well over a third of fatalities are pedestrians.

But they also seem to use dash cams a lot more too. Maybe it's a legal defence thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

About 14:00 GMT today you should see a man break the sound barrier live :D

Target launch now 5:30AM PT/12:30PM GMT on October 9th

A LIVE webcast of the Red Bull Stratos will be live streamed at http://youtube.com/redbull and http://redbullstratos.com

Red Bull Stratos is a mission to the edge of space that will try to surpass human limits that have existed for more than 50 years. Supported by a team of experts, Felix Baumgartner will undertake a stratospheric balloon flight to more than 120,000 feet / 36,576 meters and make a record-breaking freefall jump in the attempt to become the first man to break the speed of sound in freefall (an estimated 690 miles / 1,110 kilometers per hour), while delivering valuable data for medical and scientific advancement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Tallon wrote: »

Should he be in a car for the purposes of this forum? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Now this is what ya call a close call.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Which video exactly?

On the subject of YouTube crash videos, an awful lot of them seem to be from Russia.

Russia's roads are not the safest, that's for sure, with a fatality rate per 100,000 population around 4-5 times that of safer countries like the UK, Sweden and the Netherlands. Well over a third of fatalities are pedestrians.

But they also seem to use dash cams a lot more too. Maybe it's a legal defence thing...

They have discounts on insurance with dashcam, hence so many movies from there. Also bad roads, bad cars and bad attitude...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tallon wrote: »

Just about ready to launch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hal1 wrote: »
    Just about ready to launch now.

Not anymore... :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

CianRyan wrote: »
    Not anymore... :(

Bollocks! What was it? Someone saw his own shadow, freaked and pulled the launch? I'm sure in Joseph Kittinger's day they wouldn't have cared. Did you know he had a hole in his glove and jumped anyway? Proper bloke he was.

Bollocks! What was it? Someone saw his own shadow, freaked and pulled the launch? I'm sure in Joseph Kittinger's day they wouldn't have cared. Did you know he had a hole in his glove and jumped anyway? Proper bloke he was.

Too windy, they're trying again tomorrow though.

Haha, yeah. His hand ended up swollen to double in size. Mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Didn't know about him, thanks for posting this.
    These days it is all about Health and Safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I was watching the second attempt. Apparently if winds are more than 2mph they wont do it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Do they expect the wind at the edge of space to be a gentle breeze?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Youtube has some copyright issue with this video but liveleak has no such problems:
    Ferrari 458 - $250K, getting flogged by a BMW 3 series - Priceless!
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac8_1349749284
    :)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I was watching the second attempt. Apparently if winds are more than 2mph they wont do it! :eek:

They'd be waiting a while over here!
    salonfire wrote: »
    Do they expect the wind at the edge of space to be a gentle breeze?!

It's the take off that they're worried about but it does sound a little silly of them when you put it like that. Haha

shedweller wrote: »
    Youtube has some copyright issue with this video but liveleak has no such problems:

TURBOS!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

She's got some lift laaad!

On a similar note, MOT'd and road driven VW beetle, 9.95 second standing quarter. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

http://podproductions.ie/

Peter O’Doherty of Pod Productions writes:

A short video I made of driving to [Dublin] Airport from Phibsborough with a mounted camera.

How fast was he actually driving? Judging by the number of cars passing on the left, he wasn't in any hurry to catch his flight... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

How fast was he actually driving? Judging by the number of cars passing on the left, he wasn't in any hurry to catch his flight... :D
    Could be in a small truck/van carrying a heavy load...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

On a similar note, MOT'd and road driven VW beetle, 9.95 second standing quarter. :D

There's a couple of Fiat 126's race in Santa Pod regularly come in under 10secs. ;)
    CiniO wrote: »

Fcuked if I'm watching all of that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 GeneralDisorder

CiniO wrote: »

I feckin floored it Fintin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Nah, just slower at getting busted! Link now dead.

Advertisement