Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine Management Light - Driving Test

• 18-02-2013 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi:),

I have my driving test in a week and earier today the engine management light came on. I was wondering if you do your test if it's on?

The annoying thing is two weeks ago the car got a new head gasket , timing belt, new oil + filter and coolant. And now this:mad:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

Update Just went for a drive and the light was off. I hope to god it stays off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

If it helps you can get a reader from ebay amazon for around €20 will help determine if it is a very serious issue or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

akura wrote: »
    Update Just went for a drive and the light was off. I hope to god it stays off!

Answer to original question is "no" they will not test if it is on.
    If it does relight then it may just need to be reset

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Seeing the amount of recent work just carried out, I would be very surprised if that light wasn't something to do with it. Go back to where you got the work done and ask them, they'll be able to tell you straight away what it is most likely. And I wouldn't expect to be charged for it, seeing that it sounds like you've spent a fair whack recently

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

most likely a loose sensor from the work that was carried out. any garage will check it for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement