Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

tGC Beers in Cassidys - Part 2 : Friday the 13th April,Come if you dare,wooooooooo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

awec wrote: »
    I hear portlaoise has a cracking nightlife and is a bit of a bustling metropolis?

You've been playing too much Chinese Whispers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

awec wrote: »
    I propose we do it in Portlaoise.

You putting us all up in your place then, yah?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Getting scared we may all appear on your doorstep? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I propose Galway! Oh and if it's in Dublin can it be the last weekend in April?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Dandelion is suitable for a large group and wheelchair friendly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pembily wrote: »
    Dandelion is suitable for a large group and wheelchair friendly.

I thought the toilets were downstairs in Dandelion (open to correction, it's been a while)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Daisies wrote: »
    I propose Galway! Oh and if it's in Dublin can it be the last weekend in April?:D

I 2nd this :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I thought the toilets were downstairs in Dandelion (open to correction, it's been a while)

Upstairs Im pretty sure.Bouncers in Dandelions can be total arseholes when it comes to groups of blokes aswell.

Upstairs Im pretty sure.Bouncers in Dandelions can be total arseholes when it comes to groups of blokes aswell.

But some stairs involved no?

Ah but Otis, ye can come in dribs and drabs and accompanied by some hot ladies! Problem sorted!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

That's odd alright! I am not gonna be able to every venue to check it out, especially if not necessary.

What you need are a bunch of volunteers willing to do some RECON!

:cool:

Ah but Otis, ye can come in dribs and drabs and accompanied by some hot ladies! Problem sorted!

Ah yeah, Otis could, but what about the rest of us? :(

Ah yeah, Otis could, but what about the rest of us? :(

I'm sure we could find you a hot girl to walk in with :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm sure we could find you a hot girl to walk in with :P

hehe, I was thinking collectively :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Yep,up a flight of stairs alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

niamhx wrote: »
    That might well be true, we'd want to be earning metropolis bucks to get a taxi from Kildare to portloais though ! Sadly smallsbiscuits bucks pays the mortgage before my drinking money :)

Years we're together, and she still doesn't know my name :(

They can defo be assholes. Been witness to it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

niamhx wrote: »
    That might well be true, we'd want to be earning metropolis bucks to get a taxi from Kildare to portloais though ! Sadly smallsbiscuits bucks pays the mortgage before my drinking money :)

Years we're together, and she still doesn't know my name :(

Ah bugger off ! I was so wrapped up in this beers I figured I get a head start, vino went straight to my head. I've called you worse :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Larianne wrote: »
    See this is the annoying thing. When there was the kerfuffle about Wheelchair access the last time, I looked up bars, some say 'wheelchair friendly' but when I think of where toilets are in some of them they are downstairs. So I think 'wheelchair friendly' may mean you can go into the bar no problem with a chair but you can't take a leak in them. :cool:

Like The Long Stone is listed as wheelchair friendly as is The Duke and The Church but I'm not sure if they have W/C toilets on the ground level??
    A lot of places have a wheelchair access toilet on the groundfloor, even when the main loos are up/ downstairs. I've had to investigate this in the past :cool: It's not always the case though, as it's not yet mandatory.
    Not mad about Dandelion: in fact, I'd nearly prefer Dicey's to it!:eek:*

Not sure yet what dates suit, but the last weekend is April is definitely out for me. Family stuff to be done.

*I hate Dicey's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Just wanted to drop in to say that the Longstone has wheelchair accessible toilet downstairs, just beside the smoking garden door. but the group would have to stay in the front part of the bar, as the back part has a couple of steps up on either side of the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I'm going to throw in a nay for D2 and Diceys. Always strike me as nightclubs in terms of crap music and bouncers with bad attitudes (very bad in the case of Diceys.)

What we want (imo) is somewhere like Cassidy's, but slightly larger. Let our words fill the air with life, rather than whatever'll soon be on "Now... 102". At one stage I used to know what number Now album we were on, but it seems I've sadly lost that ability. Damn.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i like beer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I thought Dandelion was as there is definitely a ladies toilet on the ground floor...

Drav off with you, you can do recon :P

18AD wrote: »
    All of the days!!!

36a14y.jpg

Fewcifur wrote: »
    rather than whatever'll soon be on "Now... 102". At one stage I used to know what number Now album we were on, but it seems I've sadly lost that ability. Damn.

That's what happens when we get older :(

damn kids and their loud music :mad:

:pac:
    Drav off with you, you can do recon :P

Recon, roll out! :cool:

damn... I so wanna watch Heartbreak Ridge right now. :cool:

I liked cassidy's a lot! good music, meanies, hot bar staff. It had it all. Sept downstairs loos :(

I don't know town, I only ever really go there when there's boards stuff on.

I am absolutely positively definitely unquestionably drinking this time :D

After a (very quick) search, O'Reilly's seems to be wheelchair accessible including toilets. Possible option?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Duke and Long Stone have upstairs bathrooms,not sure about the Church.

Chrurch has them downstairs.

What about new fibbers? not the one that smells of piss but the rock bar one allond the quays?

• Advertisement

After a (very quick) search, O'Reilly's seems to be wheelchair accessible including toilets. Possible option?

As in the Sublounge under Tara St station?

Good spot, 3.20 pints.

Only thing is it tends to be quite packed on a Fridays and they do a rock/metal bar thing on Saturdays (which may not be to everyones taste).

Advertisement