Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

kildareash wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »
    cyning wrote: »
    Cyning, delighted your feeling good girl! enjoy it!

starting painting tomorrow, nesting is unreal!
    Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

Hi minibear and welcome :) last oct was definitely a busy one!!

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

Evil genius! Don't over do it tho...u shld be conserving ur energy :)

ill stick to skirtings! oh secretly loves an oul paint!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Cyning, delighted your feeling good girl! enjoy it!

starting painting tomorrow, nesting is unreal!
    Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

Hi minibear and welcome :) last oct was definitely a busy one!!

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

Evil genius! Don't over do it tho...u shld be conserving ur energy :)

ill stick to skirtings! oh secretly loves an oul paint!

Lucky u! When my oh was Really sick a few years ago, it was the little plans to paint and DIY projects that kept him going, but it's so hard to motivate him to do anything now!
    We painted the downstairs hall at Easter, and he's had so many plans to do the stairs and landing, which were supposed to be done at the same time. It's unlikely it'll be done before the baby arrives now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

minibear wrote: »
    Hi girls, long itme lurker here and i've been following all your journeys for the last while. I'm due on July 25th.

Looking at the other threads here on boards i can't believe how many are due in July compared to other months! what was it about October, did we have a cold spell that necessitated a bit of extra snuggling? :)

welcome mimibear. And congrats to you!
    October certainly was a busy month - i know a good few people personally that are due in july too! i'm sure to meet at least one in the hospital in july.
    What hospital are you attending?

Girls, re the painting..the thought of it is making me tired! Oh is too busy to even put a nail in the wall so we can at least hang at least one wedding pic..not to mind paint a wall.
    I think all our painting will be done after baby is born..

silly wrote: »
    Hi girls, long itme lurker here and i've been following all your journeys for the last while. I'm due on July 25th.

Looking at the other threads here on boards i can't believe how many are due in July compared to other months! what was it about October, did we have a cold spell that necessitated a bit of extra snuggling? :)

welcome mimibear. And congrats to you!
    October certainly was a busy month - i know a good few people personally that are due in july too! i'm sure to meet at least one in the hospital in july.
    What hospital are you attending?

Girls, re the painting..the thought of it is making me tired! Oh is too busy to even put a nail in the wall so we can at least hang at least one wedding pic..not to mind paint a wall.
    I think all our painting will be done after baby is born..

I think the whole of last year was a busy baby making time! From last Xmas to late August/September we have something like 19 or 20 relatives or friends that have had or are due babies!
    Sales of condoms etc must really be taking a hit this year!

sweet jesus, i hate my boss.
    Rang my dr today, and she needs to see me at 34 weeks (tomorrow) but i need to get my blood taken first so she can check my iron, so i have to get that done today (as it takes about a week for results to come back) so i can see dr before i turn 35 weeks...
    Rang my boss saying that i needed to pop out for 30 mins this evening to get blood taken and he was not impressed. There are only 3 girls who know how to answer the phone (i'm on reception) and one is off today, he said he cannot spare other girl to cover the phones..i said, well i have to get my blood taken..and he said oh alright then....making me feel guilty.
    I have repeatedly asked him over the last yr that other people need to be shown how to answer the phone - there are a few young males here that could do it, but this place is sooooooo sexist they wouldnt dream of asking one of them...so its left to the ladies.
    AAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!

oh and I have about 20 days left of work and no cover yet....I need about 10 days of training....i'm hoping now that i do get signed out early...it will serve him right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Silly, that is ridiculous. I don't know why companies insist on being so short sighted sometimes.

I am sick as a dog. Actually, my dogs are way healthier than me right now. I have a throat made of razorblades and glass, a near constant cough, and a nose so blocked that it has given me a headache. I just want to go to bed, but I have to train up my replacement, and if i flake out, she'll be lost.

And the gaddamned doctor was suposed to call me back at 10:30, still no word. Grrr.

I just hope it's gone soon - I have visions of trying to give birth whilst also coughing up a lung :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kash wrote: »
    And the gaddamned doctor was suposed to call me back at 10:30, still no word. Grrr.

Kash can you pop out to the doctors during the day today so if there is something you can take, then you can start taking it & feel better. I've started training my replacement today too so I'm praying my back will be fine til I get it all done.
    felt much better after i spent some time on my ball thing-
    went for a hike with Kojak this morning too and now i feel great so happy days!

Yeah the birthing balls are great for the aul back. I don't know how you went for that walk, I can't walk properly at all & it makes me really sore :(
    I can not get over how well I am feeling though... I slept last night, I haven't puked in a week, my heartburn seems to have disappeared: honestly if pregnancy was this easy all along it wouldn't have bothered me!!

You, above all preg people on here, deserve to feel better!!!

Welcome to the July club! There's probably only 15-20 of us on this thread, we just talk (well, type) a LOT. We have a LOT to say, EVERY day, it's great :D
    there are a few young males here that could do it, but this place is sooooooo sexist they wouldnt dream of asking one of them...so its left to the ladies.

Same in my office! They've only ever trained up the females to cover reception. Drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

On a separate note, I finally got some stuff done on my list of... stuff. Really it was spring cleaning things that was supposed to be done in spring, but I found I had the energy & time with the bank holiday to actually do it. It's amazing how much better you feel when you cross even one thing off the list, it subdues the panic for a day or so :rolleyes:

All I can say is whoever invented microfibre cloths is a genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I can not get over how well I am feeling though... I slept last night, I haven't puked in a week, my heartburn seems to have disappeared: honestly if pregnancy was this easy all along it wouldn't have bothered me!!

This... never say stuff like this: after spending 20 minutes on my hands and knees in the bathroom last night retching and vomiting: no more jinxing myself :D (although I feel fine this morning again: is that jinxing myself more??!!)

Kash definately ring doc again or call in... no point in being sick all night because the doc forgot to ring you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash agree with Cyning on ringing back docs...there are some things you can take during pregnancy so hopefully one of them will suit your symptoms...sounds awful!

Cyning not sure if you have re-jinxed yourself but heck how can you not cheer about feeling better considering your pregnancy illness!

Has anyone gone to one of those mothercare evenings after the store closes? There is one on this Thursday but wondering if we will go or not.

Bought another few bits for my bag yesterday :) not nearly ready but getting there!

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Has anyone gone to one of those mothercare evenings after the store closes? There is one on this Thursday but wondering if we will go or not.

Bought another few bits for my bag yesterday :) not nearly ready but getting there!

Never heard of them evenings in Mothercare?

I went to penney's and bought nightdress, nightgown, 2 sets on pj's. couldnt get slippers, thats the last of the things i need for my bag afaik..

giuneys have very handy burp clothes for like €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I had a routine check up this morning, first of all my blood pressure were through the roof and the nurse mentioned something about having me admitted. I nearly freaked, she then took it again and it was fine.

My Dr was lovely though, it was a Dr I hadn't seen before and he asked me was I sure I was only 36 weeks because from the size of the baby it was more like 38 weeks. But then he measured the head and said it was spot on. Also he knew loads about pregnancy and epilepsy and was generally very helpful. He recommended that I have an epidural because he doesn't want to put my body under too much stress and that I can't have pethidine at all.

Eeek it's getting so close, have to see a Dr every week now till D day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Kash definitely ring the Dr back!

Notsobusy - that was great that you got a doc that could give you some good advice re your epilepsy. Whether you see him again or not you now know to get the epidural and not to get pethidine...if you hadn't have met him today would anyone else have told you this info!

Funny that the nurse freaking you out brought down your blood pressure :p

Silly - we got a card with the info on from our antenatal class midwife. It's an information evening but you get 10 10% discounts for going. Thing is we have most of the big stuff at this stage and not sure how useful it will be :) Speaking of which...have you picked up your uppababy yet? Ours is now in stock but need to pick it up from Dublin...might get my folks to pick it up as they are coming to visit shortly :)

I have a doctor free week next week: which is mental seeing as you all know at this stage I've had like 2 doctor free weeks since oh I dunno January!!! GP tomorrow for MORE bloods ugh ugh ugh, and general check up!

Notsobusy I'm glad you had such a good doc appt: nothing like being reassured after an appt :)

Silly - we got a card with the info on from our antenatal class midwife. It's an information evening but you get 10 10% discounts for going. Thing is we have most of the big stuff at this stage and not sure how useful it will be :) Speaking of which...have you picked up your uppababy yet? Ours is now in stock but need to pick it up from Dublin...might get my folks to pick it up as they are coming to visit shortly :)

i must actually ring them to see what the story is with it. Met friends of ours the other day who also got one (their baby was born in jan) but theirs is the 2011 and they couldnt have had enough good things to say about it.
    I'm really happy we got it, think i have to thank you for that !:D

notsobusy wrote: »
    My Dr was lovely though, it was a Dr I hadn't seen before and he asked me was I sure I was only 36 weeks because from the size of the baby it was more like 38 weeks. But then he measured the head and said it was spot on. Also he knew loads about pregnancy and epilepsy and was generally very helpful. He recommended that I have an epidural because he doesn't want to put my body under too much stress and that I can't have pethidine at all.

Thats great to have that info! You were lucky to meet that dr today! Nice reassuring doctors should be the only doctors allowed to even look at pregnant women!

Cyning, i had blood taken today too, hate it! have dr next week and hospital the following week.

As our appts increase, you have less Cyning! I've been in the hospital every week for the last three weeks and am back again on Friday! Don't know how u do it!

Has anyone got the mothercare loyalty card yet? Be handy for bits and pieces down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

As our appts increase, you have less Cyning! I've been in the hospital every week for the last three weeks and am back again on Friday! Don't know how u do it!

Has anyone got the mothercare loyalty card yet? Be handy for bits and pieces down the road.

yeah i spent a hundred euro so had a few points gained and lost the Damn thing before i registered.

i can feel head moving down at my crotch!
    odd sensation!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The doc called back (after a second call) and has told me that it sounds like a virus (cold/flu or something). She' told me to take 2 days off work and dose myself with Vitamin C and paracetamol to take the edge off the discomfort.

She also told me to take two days off work, which I'm delighted with.
    Now, if only I can get better enough to enjoy them... but I'm off for a nap now.

• Advertisement

yeah i spent a hundred euro so had a few points gained and lost the Damn thing before i registered.

i can feel head moving down at my crotch!
    odd sensation!

****, wld ur receipts have your card number or anything in it that u cld transfer the points?

Enjoy your couple of days rest Kash. Get those feet up but most importantly hope it helps u get over the virus. Sounds nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

I had a routine check up this morning, first of all my blood pressure were through the roof and the nurse mentioned something about having me admitted. I nearly freaked, she then took it again and it was fine.

Eeek it's getting so close, have to see a Dr every week now till D day :D

Thats great always good when you get a nice dr, wonder will you accually be first oohh so exciting!!!

Kash hope you feel better soon.... nothing worse feeling like that!!

i must actually ring them to see what the story is with it. Met friends of ours the other day who also got one (their baby was born in jan) but theirs is the 2011 and they couldnt have had enough good things to say about it.

I knew it was a good system ;) there isn't a huge diff between the 2011 & 2012 models in Europe (there wasn't a 2011 in the USA so it was a much bigger leap for them)! Hope we both like it just as much when we get our hands on ours :) did you go with the silver in the end?

I knew it was a good system ;) there isn't a huge diff between the 2011 & 2012 models in Europe (there wasn't a 2011 in the USA so it was a much bigger leap for them)! Hope we both like it just as much when we get our hands on ours :) did you go with the silver in the end?
    Yeah, ours has the black frame with silver pram and seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ladies just in case if you dont know dunnes has huggies on sale 87 nappies for 8 e size from 4 kg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

my blood pressure was up last week at hospital too, one of the mw said that it can depend on the size of the cup, when she checked it a second time it was grand. but boy did i get a fright.
    I had a routine check up this morning, first of all my blood pressure were through the roof and the nurse mentioned something about having me admitted. I nearly freaked, she then took it again and it was fine

on another note, can any one say which guineys might have baby bits in it the other half was going to pop in to one on the way home, but said that he couldnt figure out which one, as there are about 7 on talbot street?

nearly there now with bag packed, i went a bit ocd with the babies bag, all the outfits in ziplock bags with bibs, hats and mittens so i dont have to rummage. And i think my bag is done finally, just missing the book and tunes. Feels great to have that off the list, was panicing today as had a bad day with no energy and loads of bh's or something, was sure i was going to go into labour!

Do newborns need bibs? If they do I don't have any :D

Do newborns need bibs? If they do I don't have any :D

I didn't know so I bought a packet!! I still don't know... If baby is a dribbler I assume they would??

So much to learn!!

I bought a few soft ones...thought i wld need them for feeds???

• Advertisement

Baby has spent the last hour moving like non stop... I wish she would go to sleep... Also she is triggering braxton hicks with some of what she's doing... I bet she's going to be a night owl once she gets here :)

Advertisement