Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horizon box and porting forward

• 05-10-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi, I have created a server for Chivalry multiplayer and have put in my Ipv4 address and the correct ports, 7777, 7778 and 27015 but these ports are still closed. Is it possible to do this on Horizon.

Thanks,
    Malabeans :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

How do you know they're still closed? Note that you can't check them using your external IP from inside your own network. You'll need to test it from a different network

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

28064212 wrote: »
    How do you know they're still closed? Note that you can't check them using your external IP from inside your own network. You'll need to test it from a different network

http://canyouseeme.org

Or If NAT Loopback is enabled on the horizon box this can be done. (P.S I don't have a horizon box, just stating the facts)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Malabeans

I can see in cmd that each of the three ports I have set to be opened are 0.0.0.0 with no status on the right. They should have my devices IP next to them if I'm hosting a multiplayer server shouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Malabeans wrote: »
    I can see in cmd that each of the three ports I have set to be opened are 0.0.0.0 with no status on the right. They should have my devices IP next to them if I'm hosting a multiplayer server shouldn't they?
    In cmd? In the command prompt, using netstat? That just sounds like the ports are listening on your machine over UDP, nothing to do with whether your router is forwarding external requests to your machine. Use the http://canyouseeme.org/ tool to check if an external request gets through to the specified ports

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Malabeans

Just tried that there and it came back saying: Error: I could not see your service on 46.7.199.142 on port (7777)
    Reason: Connection timed out

Thanks for all the help by the way :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement