Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

On Second Learners Permit- do i need the log book?

Options
  • 11-02-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on my second Learners permit (failed my first test about a year ago and let it go on the back burner). Anyway I am now plucking up the courage to do it again, I tried to apply on the site there and for some reason it wont let me in?

I'm concerned that I need this new log book signed with various lessons? Or is this just for people on their first learners permit?

I shelled out for about 10 lessons 2 years back, all of which I did, it would kill me to have to get another 1o just so I can apply....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Cool thanks- it doesn't actually say '2nd permit' on it? Should it? Or will they check the system or something?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 1,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭MascotDec85

PMC83 wrote: »
    Cool thanks- it doesn't actually say '2nd permit' on it? Should it? Or will they check the system or something?
    No it shouldn't, the dates tell the story. Your 2nd lasts for another 2 years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭DaveyDriving

Cool thanks- it doesn't actually say '2nd permit' on it? Should it? Or will they check the system or something?[/Quote

After the expiry date it will show 992 to signify it is the second provisional 991 for first and 993 for third provisional .

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

The original first issue of Learner Permit is directly after pic of car and if you are renewing or have renewed then is pre 4/4/11 and not under EDT requirements
    This is what Examiner will check, last column has 992 code as previously mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭PMC83

Ah, I see it, thanks guys!

Advertisement