Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Is it worth buying lads? I have FM10 and that got boring pretty fast. Have they done anything with the press conferences and made any decent changes to the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

mars bar wrote: »
    The Mac version is also on the PC disk isn't it?

Sure is, I'll be playing on a mac
    Is it worth buying lads? I have FM10 and that got boring pretty fast. Have they done anything with the press conferences and made any decent changes to the game?

Always worth buying every year!

3D system is updated

More player interaction. I told a player he was surplus to requirement and he mad me feel like crap so I apologized.
    Yeah, I'm a weak manager :o

Now there are agents, annoying bastards and demanding payoffs. Hate them! Little more then leeches.

I tried out the version that got leaked. Dragged Sheffield Wednesday to the Premiership with some astute free agent signings. The club is broke :(
    The difference in TV money and prize money between the Premiership and Championship is astounding. If you're not in the Premiership you're nowhere!
    You can say the same about money between the UEFA Cup (forget the new name?) and Champions League. Make it to CL and watch the money roll in
    Gonna pick the game in Gamestop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sure is, I'll be playing on a mac

So does that mean that the files people upload on file hosting websites and the likes work on a mac too? Most of them say "Platform: PC"?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

mars bar wrote: »
    So does that mean that the files people upload on file hosting websites and the likes work on a mac too? Most of them say "Platform: PC"?

booooo :p

Anyone finding a bit easy? I remember last year struggling to get promotion, but now I have shot straight up to league 2 from BSS and am sitting in the play-off places again after 15 games. Seriously I spent 3 seasons in league 2 last time barely surviving the 1st. All I have signed is frees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I always let the coaches to the trainung schedules in previous versions

How do you set to coaches to set them?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

booooo :p

I know, I know!

I don't have the money at the moment but wanna play it (despite my head telling me not too as college will suffer). I'll get it for Christmas if it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭dumb_parade

Anyone finding a bit easy? I remember last year struggling to get promotion, but now I have shot straight up to league 2 from BSS and am sitting in the play-off places again after 15 games. Seriously I spent 3 seasons in league 2 last time barely surviving the 1st. All I have signed is frees.

I usually play a similar game when i get a new version. Start in the bottom league in england and work my way up. It usually takes a few years to get a decent squad together and then you start to make progress. Your experience sounds a bit off. Maybe your having a lucky run. Of course striking it lucky with a formation is always a key to doing well in the game.

Going to pick up a copy next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Could be a stupid question, but I've never done it before.

How simple is it to download real crests/facepacks/logos etc? Like is it just a matter of downloading and saving to a folder? A lot of links I've found seem to be "torrents" and I'm not entirely sure how they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Shamrock Rvs v Inter - 2015 Champions League Group F.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9651/shamrockroversvinterinf.png

Some strange things happened at the World Cup also..

Think I'll start a real game now.

Stuff like that used to happen in FM09 as well:

Shamrock Rvs vs. Liverpool, Europa League 4th Qual: (I think)
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/80802475-4.jpg

Liverpool won 4 nil or something in the return leg :pac:

Basel vs. Bohemians Champions League 3rd Qual:
    http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/80813336-4.jpg

Basel won 3 - 2 in Dalymount then if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Could be a stupid question, but I've never done it before.

How simple is it to download real crests/facepacks/logos etc? Like is it just a matter of downloading and saving to a folder? A lot of links I've found seem to be "torrents" and I'm not entirely sure how they work.
    Yep it's simple. Most of the downloads need to be opened in winrar though and then you just extract the files to the graphics folder for everything. Easy enough anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Finical wrote: »
    Yep it's simple. Most of the downloads need to be opened in winrar though and then you just extract the files to the graphics folder for everything. Easy enough anyways.

Hardest part was actually downloading them lol too much traffic and poor download host.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Lads i am a complete r*tard when it comes to computers etc and i have no problem admitting that. alll i want is someone to tell me in very very very very very simple terms

how do i install patch- as in every step

and how do i install the logos, crests etc

im sure someone can help

IM downloading through steam and this link says i shouldnt download the patch

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/4651

story?

IM downloading through steam and this link says i shouldnt download the patch

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/4651

story?

Steam will install the patch automatically.

any network games going guys?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Irishcrx wrote: »
    How do you set to coaches to set them?

When you go into the training section and click on the coaches tab,there's a button there "auto assign",it'll give each coach one or two schedules then.

how do you change how your squad is presented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Don't quite follow, what do you mean by presented?

Tactics?

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how I can change the squad view from the FM2011 one back to the one I used all the time in FM2010.
    I've checked the ''views'' tab, that's where you changed it in 2010 but I can't find the option. I'll be disappointed if it's gone. I prefer it side by side.

what oatsey said. can u get it side by side anymore????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Right lads.

I downloaded the kits from here: http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/37278-ss091011-kits-requests/

I then extracted the files to a kits folder I made. I have the skin cache turned off. Any reason why they aren't working? Does it have to be a new game I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

SantryRed wrote: »
    Right lads.

I downloaded the kits from here: http://sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/37278-ss091011-kits-requests/

I then extracted the files to a kits folder I made. I have the skin cache turned off. Any reason why they aren't working? Does it have to be a new game I start?
    No I don't think it has to be a new game. Is your kits folder created inside a graphics folder? I dunno would that be the reason but give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Right lads.

did you tick "always reload skin on confirm"

Did you reload skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Kicked it off with a game as Man Utd for a seaon just to get used to the new features (as i do when starting the new game every year.)

Those bloody agents, a pain in the bloody hole! And the enhanced player interaction? Players can be such little girls.

Loving these new features, especially the agents, and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The agents are all fictional right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I ticked the reload skins one there lads. Still no hope. I have the kits in four different folders in the graphics folder which I created. Could it be that?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

ShaneU wrote: »
    The agents are all fictional right?

I'm sure there's a disclaimer somewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I ticked the reload skins one there lads. Still no hope. I have the kits in four different folders in the graphics folder which I created. Could it be that?

There should only be 3 folders, logos, kits and faces.

Always reload skin should be ticked and use skin cache should be unticked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,962 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

getting seriously pissed off with the amount of chances my team wastes.

Have a load of 1-0 victories where I have had near 20 shots. Really getting on my nerves.

Advertisement