Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rate of Pay

Options
  • 14-08-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the/average rate of pay for someone delivering Fetac modules outside of the VEC's. I'm sure these will be private companies

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you an answer on that, you've kind of answered it yourself. If it's a private company, they set their own rates, so hard to compare two privates companies on pay.

That and the vast majority of posters on the forum are working in the public sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

I don't think anyone here is going to be able to give you an answer on that, you've kind of answered it yourself. If it's a private company, they set their own rates, so hard to compare two privates companies on pay.

That and the vast majority of posters on the forum are working in the public sector.

Surely there's a rough standard of pay? I'd imagine it would be less than the hourly VEC rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dar100 wrote: »
    Surely there's a rough standard of pay? I'd imagine it would be less than the hourly VEC rates?

I wouldn't have a clue, I teach in a secondary school. Why would there have to be a standard rate of pay in individual private enterprises?

I wouldn't have a clue, I teach in a secondary school. Why would there have to be a standard rate of pay in individual private enterprises?

There wouldn't as such, I'd imagine there is differences, I don't think they are significant though

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the/average rate of pay for someone delivering Fetac modules outside of the VEC's. I'm sure these will be private companies

Thanks

Good question, not sure of the correct answer. I would think, it depends on what they are teaching, but to give you a number would be a guess.

• Advertisement

Well, that's not very nice, and quite rude, I do think the opinion there was, "it depends on what you teach"

Would you like me to give an example - a trainer the trainer course instructor is not going to make as much as someone teaching a mechanics course I would hope!!

-- Edited, I would like to point out this was with regards to a mod, who posted that I was trying to get to 50 posts and that my post was in my words now "point less". Not to sure what that was about, but it was not called for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Well, that's not very nice, and quite rude, I do think the opinion there was, "it depends on what you teach"

Would you like me to give an example - a trainer the trainer course instructor is not going to make as much as someone teaching a mechanics course I would hope!!

-- Edited, I would like to point out this was with regards to a mod, who posted that I was trying to get to 50 posts and that my post was in my words now "point less". Not to sure what that was about, but it was not called for.

Sorry my bad , you have indeed given a good contribution. You're more than welcome.
    mod:

On the bright side you're now on 24 posts:) any idea what the rates are for delivering Train the Trainer?

Go on, bring it to 25:)

On the bright side you're now on 24 posts:) any idea what the rates are for delivering Train the Trainer?

Go on, bring it to 25:)

LOL I dont want Armelodie to give out again! (joke)

Google searched -Trainer, FETAC, Instructor, looks like its around 30,000 to 40,000 pro rata.

Issues with a job like this is going to the amount of hours one gets. I dont see these skill centers paying people for full days, rathers just the hours you work plus a few office hours etc.

If you dont mind saying, what field are you looking at re been a trainer.

I already have a FT job, my undergrad is in Counselling and Psychotherapy.

I'm just looking to add to my salary, maybe three or four hours a week. However, I'm only just starting the course with NUIG, so it would probably be a couple years before I'm looking for work.

I have a mix of areas I would be comfortable delivering, all closely related to my degree and my job

• Advertisement
Advertisement