Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Chris Cornell - Songbook Tour - The Olympia - Wed 13th June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

LMAO, this thread is nearly as entertaining as the gig now...

Heh heh heh

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

Heh heh heh

;-)

I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Shame that others just want to hold a grudge against anyone who is having a good time.

Gonna be there the next time there is a concert and expect the exact same from me! :D And we are going to go see him in Paris aswell! Anyone jelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

fufureida wrote: »

Heh heh heh

;-)

I enjoyed myself thoroughly. Shame that others just want to hold a grudge against anyone who is having a good time.

Gonna be there the next time there is a concert and expect the exact same from me! :D And we are going to go see him in Paris aswell! Anyone jelly?

Fair play girl, most people are only having a bit of craic above, myself included.

The guy making the Timbaland comments was an idiot IMHO, I was embarrassed sitting next to him. As regards yourself and your sister, I thought it was funny... Ye came across as diehard fans if nothing else.

Hopefully he will play Getaway Car for ye, it's a cracking tune, and I'd say he does a great live version.
    Everyone was there to enjoy his music, end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

MoeJay wrote: »
    And the two females in close proximity to me who called him a god and gushed over his voice and then kept on yapping..!

I think you are referring to me and my sister. Never called him a God actually, said " You are awesome! " and just simply really appreciated the music. Everyone expresses enjoyment in different ways. Some people like to sit silently and listen. Others like to sing along and cheer at any given moment. I have been a huge fan since early days and have been to every concert he has had in Ireland. And to the misinformed person who said "...and on the other side of him were the two girls whose parents were funding their round the world trip following Chris..." This is not true, my parents bought me my tickets as a birthday present. My parents aren't millionaires and cannot afford to fund my around the world trip. They are barely affording my fees for uni. If in the future you have a problem with people who like to express there enjoyment with emotion and laughter, you can kindly leave. It was a concert in the end of the day, not a VIP meeting or a conference.

Also I was the one screaming for "Getaway Car". Didn't get to hear it in the end but would have liked to have heard it. :) Was so desperate by the end of it! And I agree the Timbaland comment was bad, therefore I retorted by saying " Timbaland is awesome."
    Those to loud mouth Yanks actually moved up in to seats in my row, theres were a few rows back. acted stupid when the owners of the seats came along and had to go back to their original seats. guess mommy and daddy couldn't get them everything.

So many things wrong with that comment. We waited until Paul Freeman was on stage before we moved up. We thought, hey, if there is no one there we may aswell move up. Both of us discussed it and decided since no one is sitting there, we may as well. Once the rightful owners arrived, I promptly apologised and went back 2 rows. Where you the saddo who was by yourself pretending to have a goodtime? Sorry I'm not Irish in my culture when you love someones music you show full appreciation for them when they perform for you. And like I said before, tickets were a birthday present. Don't talk about things you do not know.

Also to the person who said it was probably " my first time in the smoke " or whatever, I have been to several concerts in the past and show just as much enthusiasm every time.

In saying everything I said, the concert was amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed it and enjoyed the crowd that was there. Some people just like to complain about others enjoying themselves. You are more than welcome to leave if you have an issue with people like that. Just know I will be there at the next concert an will not change for anyone. :)

See I wouldnt mind it anywhere else. Just in the Olympia where everyone can hear ye. Work away in the O2 or somewhere like that but in the Olympia it's just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Whatever about anyone else, im pretty sure chris didnt mind the crowd interaction (timberland comments aside) I thought myself there were a few people in the crowd cutting the banter off that came across like assholes in the end! Overall a good night out, if people dont want to hear other people talking etc, stay at home and listen to the album. ;). Unless someone is being obnioxious then its fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Fi H wrote: »
    Whatever about anyone else, im pretty sure chris didnt mind the crowd interaction (timberland comments aside) I thought myself there were a few people in the crowd cutting the banter off that came across like assholes in the end! Overall a good night out, if people dont want to hear other people talking etc, stay at home and listen to the album. ;). Unless someone is being obnioxious then its fair enough.

I'm sure he's heard them millions of times before at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

what did yer man say about timbaland, and what did Chris reply with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭LowOdour

So many things wrong with that comment. We waited until Paul Freeman was on stage before we moved up. We thought, hey, if there is no one there we may aswell move up. Both of us discussed it and decided since no one is sitting there, we may as well. Once the rightful owners arrived, I promptly apologised and went back 2 rows. Where you the saddo who was by yourself pretending to have a goodtime? Sorry I'm not Irish in my culture when you love someones music you show full appreciation for them when they perform for you. And like I said before, tickets were a birthday present. Don't talk about things you do not know.

No, I'm not a saddo. No, I was not by myself. No, I didn't need to pretend I had a good time, was all real. I will hold my hands up and say I judged that wrong...but maybe you should take some of your own advice, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

eq2gk2.jpg

Sweet memories!