Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's The Best Thing You've Ever Bought in Greystones

• 22-01-2012 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

In my humble opinion, the best shop in Greystones is SVP.

I've bought suits, shirts, books, videos, and today, having only thought yesterday about the need to buy drink glasses for the Irish Software Developers Network's new venue, 120 pint glasses which were dropped (although not literally!) in there this morning by a bar owner surplus to requirements.

120 glasses for the princely sum of €10.00!

What's the best bargain you've picked up in Greystones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BarryAlistair

I should also point out, before anyone starts, these pint glasses are for the use of both men and women ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

A Dart ticket to Bray:P

Nosh n Coffee used to do some seriously good chocolate cake back a few years ago. Can't think of much else that I've actually bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I should also point out, before anyone starts, these pint glasses are for the use of both men and women ;-)
    Surely it should be half pint glasses for the women. So unladylike seeing a woman drinking from a pint glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Maisy

I bought a teeny shrub in a teeny plant pot five years ago for a euro, popped it in the back garden and its now about a metre tall and looks great - bargain !

And First In, I'm a Laydeeeeeeeeee - I drink from my pint glass in the privacy of my Shed....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

A pint of Coors Light in The Burnaby lovely it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

FirstIn wrote: »
    Surely it should be half pint glasses for the women. So unladylike seeing a woman drinking from a pint glass.

we live in the 21st century now

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ladies, welcome to the 21st century

uglybritishwomen.jpg

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,729 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

FirstIn wrote: »
    Surely it should be half pint glasses for the women.

I think you'll find its a glass of white wine or a fruit-based drink for the ladies...

al-murray.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,790 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

please stay on topic

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement