Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Preparing for win-back visit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by elsoldemayo
    Contacted UTV who asked had I spoken to Eircom, signed anything that would allow them take back my line. No I hadn't, no contact with Eircom at all for the last year. UTV have since contacted Eircom to have my phone service switched back to them, but it looks like Eircom took it upon themselves to hijack my phone service when i switched from UTVxl to ClickSilver.
    Called Eircom billing and they have no idea what happened.

Anything like this hapened to anyone else?
    it looks like some systems failure-whether it is with eircom or utv-I don't know..

To be clear, with utvxl-if you sign up you move your telephony to utv?

if you sign up for clicksilver- (and you are curretly getting billed from eircom for your calls)- you get dsl, but your calls don't necessarily move to utv..?

I:dunno: -love to know the spec for provisioning by olos to eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

Originally posted by jd
    it looks like some systems failure-whether it is with eircom or utv-I don't know..

To be clear, with utvxl-if you sign up you move your telephony to utv?

if you sign up for clicksilver- (and you are curretly getting billed from eircom for your calls)- you get dsl, but your calls don't necessarily move to utv..?

I:dunno: -love to know the spec for provisioning by olos to eircom

Whichever package you get from UTV, UTVxl or ClickSilver, you must take UTV's telephony option aswell, SO it should really have been impossible for me to have my calls with Eircom, while using ClickSilver. Technically I was in breach of contract with UTV.
    I didn't want to be either, I'm very happy to have my calls with UTV and never had any intention of changing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Whichever package you get from UTV, UTVxl or ClickSilver, you must take UTV's telephony option aswell, SO it should really have been impossible for me to have my calls with Eircom, while using ClickSilver. Technically I was in breach of contract with UTV.
    I didn't want to be either, I'm very happy to have my calls with UTV and never had any intention of changing this.
    Fair enough..
    my money is on a systems spec/implementation failure somewhere..fwiw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Do us all a favour: Ring UTV again and ask them what happened. Tell them that you need a proper answer so you can run it by the people on the IrelandOffline forum - believe me, they'll know what you're talking about - and ask them for further advice. Then come back to us and tell us what they said.

adam

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by seamus
    Best to keep the ball in your court. For example, "You get my line qualified for DSL, and sign me up for I-stream, then you can come back to me, and I'll sign back to eircom." Lie to him. :D

LOL, that's what I told the Eircom rep that called to my door some months ago. Doubt if I'll see him for a long time, at least, not with a broadband offer. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I wish one of the heavy-hitting computer programmers around here would write something that we could use with the phone. My phone uses UTV for its default provider, but I can refer to the sticker for the VarTec prefix which allows me to use that service which I'm also signed-up for, and if I try to call a number overseas that neither UTV nor VarTec will allow (e.g., a toll-free number in the U.S.A.) I can always go back to the company with the number-of-the-evil-one, who also sends me monthly demand for having a wire strung to my house. It gets devilishly complicated. It almost makes me wish for the days when my uncle would get out an egg-timer (a little hour glass) that he would set in motion as soon as my aunt got through to my mother on the phone. That way, the auntie knew how many turns of the glass she had gone through, and how much of each turn was left. Maybe a better way would have been to put a pile of coins next to the phone and take them away, one by one, as the minutes elapsed. What about the meters that some of the pay phones have where you can see your money evaporating from the initial total you put in? A taxi meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

vartec

Sarsfield: I found your post smug and insulting - but hey, if that's how you get your kicks.....

Eurorunner: Thank you for constructive reply. I will certainly follow up on this matter and report back when I've got a resolution. Have got all relevant documents to hand. I'm somewhat surprised no-one else has had a problem with this Co.. Experience shows that these kind of administrative problems are rarely once-off. In my case they admitted, at the time, that they had difficulty processing euro currency payments from Irish credit cards (long after euro changeover). I simply got sick of lengthy phone calls to their help-desk/accounts people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

@Lissavane: Thats the spirit:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Lissavane
    I simply got sick of lengthy phone calls to their help-desk/accounts people.
    Which is often what they want. The trick is to make a nuisance of yourself without letting the calls drag out and without shouting. I don't mean to sound patronising, but I find it's best to treat it like a game, i.e. to have fun with it, see how hot you can get them under the collar without bothering yourself at all. If you can drive them completely nuts and find yourself laughing your ass off about it when you hang up the phone, you win. My favourite ploy is very simple circular logic:

But you said $this.
    But we meant $that.
    But you said $this.

They'll get bored of going around in circles before you because you're just playing a game and having a bit of fun, but they have to get to the next call or they'll lose their job. So they'll end up fixing your problem just to get rid of you.

Don't think of them as the enemy, think of them as light entertainment. :)

adam

Advertisement