Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laguna starting problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

tfromkerry wrote: »
    Perfect as i just want the test and tax to run out before i scrap it , they run up till the end of jan 14 :)

Lagunas can hear it when you think that, let alone when you say it! :eek:
    Youll go out tomorrow to find all four windows down with the water level up to the windo sills, the rear axle somewhere in the ditch, and the ball joints on the passenger seat. Youll struggle to the shop only to arrive through the wall because a plastic wing liner came off and cut through a brake pipe. Then youll give up trying to open your boot and fire it all into the back before calling recovery because the electric steering lock won't release.
    You best put the old dear out to pasture now mate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭tfromkerry

Lagunas can hear it when you think that, let alone when you say it! :eek:
    Youll go out tomorrow to find all four windows down with the water level up to the windo sills, the rear axle somewhere in the ditch, and the ball joints on the passenger seat. Youll struggle to the shop only to arrive through the wall because a plastic wing liner came off and cut through a brake pipe. Then youll give up trying to open your boot and fire it all into the back before calling recovery because the electric steering lock won't release.
    You best put the old dear out to pasture now mate:D

On the event of this happening i have made provisions :D . To quote your good self " live by the sword , die by the sword "

I have purchased a roof rack and carry my bicycle ever where with me , as i have redesigned the bike to do the following to my car if the needs present themselves :D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

tfromkerry wrote: »
    Yea its 1.6

What do you think of it? I've got one 6 months now and I'm very pleased.

I do find her somewhat under-powered though. Do you find that you have to cane her a bit on the Motorway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

Jesus. wrote: »
    What do you think of it? I've got one 6 months now and I'm very pleased.

I do find her somewhat under-powered though. Do you find that you have to cane her a bit on the Motorway?

the wife or the car.....:D

the wife or the car.....:D

Both! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

As has been stated above, I am having a similar isuue with my 04 Laguna 2.
    It only starts with the clutch in and with no reverse lights I am looking at an nct fail in a couple of weeks.
    I have located that green sensor thingy and i reckon if I jack up the car and remove the passenger side wheel, should be just about able to get access to it.
    Problem is, where would I locate a new sensor. Would my local motor factors stock them or is it a case of going through Renault Ireland.
    Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HandsomeRover

Its a simple, straightforward swap. Call your local factors, tell them make model year and get them to order it if its not in stock. Most good motor factors should have it. No need to remove wheel. Make sure car is cold. Be ready to plug new one in before oil gets a chance to drain too much. If it does drain, or if you want it to, catch in a basin or similar and fill with new. Handy job, did mine in 5mins.
    raven41 wrote: »
    It only starts with the clutch in and with no reverse lights I am looking at an nct fail in a couple of weeks.
    I have located that green sensor thingy and i reckon if I jack up the car and remove the passenger side wheel, should be just about able to get access to it.
    Problem is, where would I locate a new sensor. Would my local motor factors stock them or is it a case of going through Renault Ireland.
    Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HandsomeRover

Reason it won't start without clutch pressed is it doesn't know if it's not in reverse as switch has failed - so no start (safety). Pressing clutch means it is not in gear, so not in reverse, so it starts.
    raven41 wrote: »
    Thanks in advance..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Thanks guys - some good advice. Going to attempt it this coming weekend...

My Laguna has changed its mind on how it wants to be started too. I used to slip the key card in and the dash would light up and then press the button to start her up. Now when I put the card in, the dash doesn't light up. I have to press the button once for the dash to come on and then press and hold it to start.

Do all Renaults have a mind of their own like this?

(EDIT: Sorry, I thought this old thread was out on the main Forum. I've already posted this in the thread below.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement