Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some "interesting" videos...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

In reaction to Tapout Presents Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion, Capcom have lined up a sponsorship deal of their own for SF4 Dash:

2009071714542998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You know, that would go down very well with the US guys.
    .......... I didn't mean because they're black!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    lol nice kneecaps, a Gif and all. Damn I look forward to making "Irish ken" again for SFIV even though I don't play ken much. Also I like my version of chunny with the black legs more then whats in the game too. Bah I wish I wasnt so broke :o

Btw did you know that guy mylo well? Think he played Sean and Ryu, I remember you two guys were on 2df a good bit, I wonder does he know about these forums/play SFIV.

never saw this post til now.

Yeah I used to play mylo a lot, there were others too cant remmber though.
    I havent been on 2df much until the last month, i'm on most nights now,

When i broke my xbox, i started playing 3rd strike again, and realised how much better it is than IV.
    It's got problems, like the whiffing to build meter, but it is generally less infuriating than IV.

At the moment i can't bring myself to play IV unless its with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

When i broke my xbox, i started playing 3rd strike again, and realised how much better it is than IV.
    It's got problems, like the whiffing to build meter, but it is generally less infuriating than IV.

Same here,except replace 3s with ST.

Ment to ask if i can get your custom 3s chars off you man.

• Advertisement

street-fighter-4-ero-mods-10.jpg
    The mods are slowly breaking my reluctance to buy this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

4cftc6y9bl1idujwp4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lmao, Mahatmalsim owns

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

that dhalsim/ghandi is excellent looking, all the character skins make me want to get sf4 on pc even if just to do a yoghandi flame.
    if there was a nike tracksuit for ryu you could put a caption like
    ULTRA..
    JUST DO IT!!

Vega applies to wear a claw..street fighter bureaucracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VdURSvCOLo&feature=related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah I feel similar with 3s and SFIV, I do love SFIV, but theres just something about 3s, its missing the great characters and has other issues but.... it just hits the nail on the head otherwise.

This is why I hope they WILL do the whole SFIV.2 SFIV.3 thing they did with all their other games. So the tweak it till its closer to 3s in terms of greatness. I wish dash was as good as it is in 3s. Pretty much useless in SFIV compared to how good it is in 3s. Annoying how theres a delay before you can do anything with your character after you dash in SFIV.

Anyway I'm taking a bit of a break from Street Fighter atm , playing ArmA2. I will be buying SFIV on the PC though and I'm looking forward to skinning those characters and trying out the mods (maybe they'll fix kens hair :p )

On the same thread Yreval linked:

1249771527967.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Problem with 3S for me is thats its all footsies, thanks to its parry system. There is no ranged game like there is in 2 or 4.

The focus attack system is a well thought out compromise that allows you to counter opponents while keeping the fireball game alive.

Dash isn't useless in SF IV nor does it have a delay afterwards in which you can't do anything. Used in conjunction with focus attacks to get through certain types of attacks it its a pretty cool game addition. FADC is also a nice new edition, just damage scaling needs to be looked at to make more valuable.

Not saying SF IV is flawless. I do think it too defensive slanted. Auto correction is a pain and should be removed and put down and reversals are a bit too easy, which make cross up and meaty attacks too risky. Its also probably the slowest SF in the series. But still the depth is there and there is large roster characters and balance is quite good. I think SF IV is a very good first version and given time and revisions it will match the heights of ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

If you do a properly timed crossup (on wakeup) it should beat eg. a reversal DP surely (as in, if you do it deep enough, the DP still won't auto-correct in SF4)?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I still reckon if they removed custom combos from Alpha 2, it would be the best Street Fighter game by a long way.

As it stands Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha is my personal favourite. Brilliant game.

Oh and Ninja Rose is one of my favourite custom skins so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwIlIj-s5tI

We need to meet up and break out ex plus alpha some time man...

I still have the PS1 disc, although the PAL version is noticably slower than it's NTSC counterpart.

I can bring it to the next casual meetup in XGC. All PS3s play PS1 games.

cool, I might have one knocking about too.

I definitely have ex plus 2 disc. but in my opinion that game isnt as good.

Nope, because once again, custom combos ruined a perfectly good game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Had a gander at the reseruction video above, handy eneogh boxer with some good combos.

And then I saw you use a keyboard!!!
    Bloody hell thats impressive.

Using a keyboard?
    Hmm...
    I wonder if I could whip up a keyboard-style controller now...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Lads please don't bother bringing ex alpha plus, it's utter ****.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lads please don't bother bringing ex alpha plus, it's utter ****.

No it's not. It really is one of, if not the best Street Fighter games ever. Its sequels were ****e, but not EX Plus Alpha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Meh, I hated it. It felt like tekken. It was too slow and had stupid floaty jumps.

Still, Skullomania for SF4 Dash!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Meh, I hated it. It felt like tekken. It was too slow and had stupid floaty jumps.

Still, Skullomania for SF4 Dash!

Someone tested this and it's jumps were generally a few frames faster than the jumps in Alpha 3 I think it was.

It introduced a few new things to the series.

- True 3D graphics, but played on a 2D plane. (Used in Street Fighter IV)
    - Super cancels, chaining supers together. (Used in several games since then)
    - Guard Breaks. (Focus Attacks are an evolution of Guard Breaks)
    - Bisons cool looking kick throw!
    - Advanced training mode. (Trials in Street Fighter IV)

If you were to give it another chance you'd probably realise that it's actually a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

was it 2d plane, it moved around like ****/

i thought it was terrible.
    as bad as the SF MOVIE

which also had a game

Street Fighter EX's main problem can be summed up in 2 words:
    TEKKEN. 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »

The SNES one was better than the arcade, but still crap.

Advertisement