Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE Player app on Samsung smart TV

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

4od is only for uk store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

yeah stupid it isnt on Irish store
    But I can use my PS3 to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Greenview

Purchased a Samsung BD6500 blu-ray Smart player. This gets me the RTE player, but the content is different to my iPad or PS3 where I can view the finale of Homeland, (as one example) but it's nowhere to be found on the blu-ray RTE player!

So, some content is the same, but I do not get the exact same content across devices :confused:

Any ideas?
    Thanks

from RTE:

Thank you for contacting RTÉ Player with your query.

We have the rights to show Homeland on the PS3 but not on Connected TV devices such as your Samsung Smart TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Maybe already mentioned but you can hack some higher end Samsung TVs to allow you to add apps from multiple regions to the same TV. I haven't tried it but I probably will as I want to have RTE, TV3 and Zattoo on the same TV...but I need to buy a Samsung smart TV first! For expats like me these things are a godsend as satellite is not a possibility where I am.

Maybe it has also been mentioned elsewhere but using a smartDNS service will bypass geoblocking for many many streaming services (new ones being added all the time) and iPlayer will work. I use overPlay smartDNS (about €3 a month!) set up in my router to allow all my devices to stream iPlayer and RTEPlayer and Zattoo (live UK streams and with their subscription service for €45 a year you get 2 week PVR in the cloud and the possibility to permanently record a number of shows).

• Advertisement

mine is an E series, that hack wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I did say "some".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Thinking of maybe buying a Samsung smart tv that can be rooted so that you can have the rte player side by side with the bbc iplayer.

Was wondering if the RTE player app includes live streams for RTE1 and RTE2? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yes it does

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yes it does

• Advertisement
Advertisement