Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good songs to play at a party?

• 14-07-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Got a big party coming up and I'm pretty sure that at some stage the guitar is going to come out - anyone got any good ideas for songs that go down well with the girls? I always run out of ideas after my 5 "staples"....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Afternoon delight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Basically The Beatles whole back catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭sapper

Yeah - I'm on to the whole beatles thing. I'll probably end up playing the last bit of hey jude for 20 minutes...but then what?

The ones I do that always go down well are "Freedom" and "Faith" by George Michael, "With or Without You" and "All I want is you" by U2, "Baby, now that I found you", "Summertime", "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi, "More Than Words" by Extreme, "Creep" by Radiohead....

All my friends are sick of them though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

damien rice stuff if its to impress the ladies

unless u wanna do a rendition of sisters are doin it for themselves :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Chicks love stuff like Green Day - Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) or Clapton soppys.
    Sing dirty joke songs if you want to get their panties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Iris-goo goo dolls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Denis Leary - Asshole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Johnny B Goode, hasn't failed me once. Ya gotta do the duckwalk all over the gaff though to get the full effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

OK try this one, has never once failed me. Always steals the attention of the crowd but make sure you sing it too.

Nile:Chapter Of The Obeisance Before Giving Breath To The Inert One.

Crowd pleaser for sure, good luck trying to find an acoustic that tunes to A :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr_lebowski

Here's one to try, the verses from the fresh prince of bel air, mixed with the chorus from dancing in the moonlight by thin lizzy, it works! Its up to you to mix it nicely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,816 ✭✭✭✭emmet02

Don't look Back in Anger is the winner...

always..

i love a bit of Bob Marley too, and Ronan Keating's "when you say nothing at all" is always good for a laugh!

Advertisement