Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 String goodness

• 13-07-2006 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭

so im lookin for a seven string,after i saw the deftones last friday i fell in love with them and especially the SC models that esp have to offer,was wondering if anyone around here uses a 7 or knows anyone who does

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Good old u-box -
    3156071031.jpg
    Looks to be a bit battered (condition B) though, hence is under a grand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Damnit, I'm after a new 7...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Keep an eye on this Ebay seller. He gets a lot of b-stock Schecters in. Got a C7 off him for €390 for everything. Fantastic guitar with the defect being 3 paint drops the size of pin heads on the binding on the top horn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

The Esp S.C. Model isnt just a 7 string its a 7 string barritone. Put a set of heavy gauge strings on that thing and you should be able to tune LOW, as in to the floor like. I was really keen on em there for ages was this close to buying one then i saw the price tag and got a viper insead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It would be a lot handier if we knew what kind of budget you had in mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

im gona keep an eye on ebay for one,they seem to be on there quite often.

question about the baritone necks,can you still tune it to standard?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You can but the strings will be very tense (if i can remember my leaving cert physics...). The Schecter c-7 is a 26.5" scale but you can tune that to standard. Makes the low B string incredible responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

frequency is proportional to length and inversely proportional to the root of tension so what fey said

Advertisement