Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What specifically about the Crimea referendum is "illegitimate" in the eyes of the in

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭SamHarris

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    The Tatars were also ordered to stop protesting[/URL] against the referendum by the Ukrainian government, as it was feared they would fuel propaganda in the Russian Media.

After skimming RT a few times to get the official Kremlin line (or the line they would like people to believe) on various issues I'd say this was entirely pointless - they don't need an event to create their propaganda, if nothing is happening outright speculation and editorializing is more than enough. Given their target audience desperately WANTS to believe what they say, it's all that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

SamHarris wrote: »
    After skimming RT a few times to get the official Kremlin line (or the line they would like people to believe) on various issues I'd say this was entirely pointless - they don't need an event to create their propaganda, if nothing is happening outright speculation and editorializing is more than enough. Given their target audience desperately WANTS to believe what they say, it's all that is needed.

Too true, unfortunately.
    Andrei Zubov, a professor at a top Moscow university linked to the diplomatic service, wrote a column in the respected Vedomosti newspaper on Saturday comparing Putin's potential annexation of Crimea with the Anschluss of Austria and Nazi Germany in 1938.

On Tuesday, he said the university had fired him for the comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Sure, but you implied you had asked the question of me many times before. You had not. I don't usually read the many posts someone made before when addressing a single one.

Given that one of the few things I know about Kosovo's separation is that it's people were directly targeted for murder by the Serbian authorities I'm not exactly seeing why they must be treated identically given that even with my parse knowledge I'm aware of that massive difference, and that things inevitably become even more different as complexity is introduced I would not doubt there are many other.

It's not? I'm afraid it is, you can have a position on pretty much anything without having a position on every single event in the past that is similar. Given that you do not know about every war, do you find your position on Iraq's validity has any less weight, especially given that the values I used to judge the situation I have made entirely clear.

Given that even if what you say is true, that the two cases are almost identical and therefore everyone should take the same position on both or have their position be completely invalidated (a strange presumption, given that there really is no international affair that countries would say "well this is similar to a previous situation, so we will take the same tack regardless of national interests) would, regardless of which side is "correct", be applicable to both parties involved in this case equally and therefore a moot point.

What is your ultimate point, regardless? Say the West and Russia decide what constitutes a valid succession based upon the particular details of a given case, why is this important to your position?

I suggested a while back that you read my posts more carefully before jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying or where I'm coming from. You could still do that.

The people who were first targeted for murder in Kosovo were the police and Serbs who were driven in their thousands from ethnic areas and now live as IDPs in enclaves north of the Ibar River or in Serbia proper. I described that in earlier posts too. This was done by the KLA - a criminal outfit posing as freedom fighters and abetted by freelance jihadists (and armed with weapons looted from Albanian stores). The Serb military response was over the top but even NATO acknowledge that the KLA started it.

I've outlined my ultimate point several times previously. Feel free to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

From a legal perspective you are obviously right, but would you not agree that from a logical and even moral perspective the massive ambiguity massively damages the validity of the vote, and is just another nail in it's coffin? Or, at the very least, raises yet another question along with the host of others?

Maybe it is immoral. I would consider it immoral if, indeed, it were a serious violation intended to trick people. But I was simply correcting that the cited examples were common law examples from a different jurisdiction. They might serve a persuasive purpose, though. Nevertheless, I'm not well-versed enough on civil law (never mind Russian/Ukrainian law) to know if it has a "void by vagueness" clause. Even then, what law would apply here? Russian? Ukrainian? Crimean?

As I've said before, the Crimeans have every right to rejoin Russia if they desire as such. As long as its done with the consent of the majority, that's grand.

In my opinion, Crimea would be better off in Russia. Money would pour in and restore Crimea to its old touristic glory, which would be good for Crimeans and Russian tourists.

But this armed occupation is offensive to international law and previously concluded agreements. Its an obviously cynical geopolitical ploy by Moscow. Moscow has been going about this crisis just sticking middle fingers up in all directions.

(Regarding RT, the propaganda it has been spewing out is absurd but it is not surprising considering their coverage of the South Ossetian war)

Nevertheless, some sanctions will be placed, some symbolic diplomatic rebukes will be made...then the crisis will de-escalate and those sanctions and diplomatic rebukes will be reversed because nobody in the west wants a bitter and hostile Russia and this delicate moment of time.
    Andrei Zubov, a professor at a top Moscow university linked to the diplomatic service, wrote a column in the respected Vedomosti newspaper on Saturday comparing Putin's potential annexation of Crimea with the Anschluss of Austria and Nazi Germany in 1938.

On Tuesday, he said the university had fired him for the comparison.

That's likely because the comparison he made is frankly offensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I'm not aware of a 2nd constitution.
    Well then, how can you say Option 2 on the ballot paper was unclear, or that there was no option to remain within Ukraine. The option referred to the restoration of "the 1992 constitution... under Ukraine".
    Its a bit rich asking that now, after the people have voted to join the RF, and Russian troops have replaced Ukrainian troops in the barracks.

Its a pity they didn't think of doing that earlier, before when the whole thing escalated. In an ideal world, the referendum would have been held under UN auspices. But that could not have happened because;

a) Ukraine would not have ceded sovereignty by handing control to the UN.

b)The UN is powerless because of the 5 permanent (and undemocratic) members of the Security Council. Obama vetoes any UN proposal that might benefit Putin, and Putin vetoes anything that might be advantageous to Obama.

• Advertisement

recedite wrote: »
    Well then, how can you say Option 2 on the ballot paper was unclear, or that there was no option to remain within Ukraine. The option referred to the restoration of "the 1992 constitution... under Ukraine".

Because they're one constitution...

May is the original version
    June is the amended version

The DeValera constitution has been amended 33 times...

If you ask someone to restore the Devalera constitution, how does one determine which of the 33 iterations you prefer?

If you ask to restore the Collins constitution, it's unambiguous in that you don't mean the Devalera constitution.

This is starting to get silly and I feel it's well beyond the point of straw grasping at this stage.

Thanks for the civilised debate tho, it was interesting.

The DeValera constitution has been amended 33 times...

If you ask someone to restore the Devalera constitution, how does one determine which of the 33 iterations you prefer?
    If they said the 1937 De Valera Constitution, that would narrow it down.
    If there was a referendum here tomorrow, and the choice was for either;
    a) Rejoin the UK
    b) Restore the Republic under the 1937 Constitution
    Its fair to say there is no status quo option, but you can't truthfully say both options are to join UK.

Also, the 1992 Crimean Constitution existed in two main forms; the original one of 5th May just after their declaration of independence and the amended one of 6th May (under duress) which inserted the declaration that Crimea was a part of Ukraine. The wording on the 2014 ballot paper only matches the second one.
    Further negotiations in June 1992 downgraded the constitution and rendered it irrelevant. Nobody thinks this option was on the 2014 ballot paper. But if it was, it is even more pro-Ukrainian than the 6th May Constitution.

If they said the 1937 De Valera Constitution, that would narrow it down.
    If there was a referendum here tomorrow, and the choice was for either;
    a) Rejoin the UK
    b) Restore the Republic under the 1937 Constitution
    Its fair to say there is no status quo option, but you can't truthfully say both options are to join UK.

Also, the 1992 Crimean Constitution existed in two main forms; the original one of 5th May just after their declaration of independence and the amended one of 6th May (under duress) which inserted the declaration that Crimea was a part of Ukraine. The wording on the 2014 ballot paper only matches the second one.
    Further negotiations in June 1992 downgraded the constitution and rendered it irrelevant. Nobody thinks this option was on the 2014 ballot paper. But if it was, it is even more pro-Ukrainian than the 6th May Constitution.

Well then we are at last in agreement.
    May was the restore point, not June as you argued previously.

The implication then being that the Crimean junta can then unilaterally rejoin Russia without plebiscite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Rerun the referendum.
    Clear and unambiguous choices.
    No Russian troops at the border, No Western Troops at the border. Bring in the UN if nec.
    OCSE monitor the referendum.
    I don't see either side agreeing to that anytime soon, because Russia would reject it on the basis of "what we have, we hold", and the Kyivan side and cheerleaders would reject it as being "illegal" on any such terms. But in the longer run, it might be a way to "de-freeze" it as a conflict (and maybe even to resolve others in the same category).
    If Crimea chooses to join Russia (which it will), then Russia cancels the Ukrainian gas debt in return for the assets it forfeits.
    I'm not sure there's any generally agreed way of account "assets" in such cases as against "liabilities" (pensioners whose stipend's now being increased, etc), but such would be not-illogical bargaining chips, at least.

You see this is the problem.
    People are forming opinions while exhibiting an appalling lack of understanding of the facts.

I'll try to simplify this for you but you really must try harder.
    It's not my job to educate you.

And much, much more in the same vein, then followed by:
    :rolleyes:
    Comments such as that do not belong in an adult discussion.
    Attack the post, not the poster, eh?
    Tell you what, maybe make at least a half-hearted attempt at following your own advice, before presuming to offer it (at all, much less half so stridently) to others? Just an idea. Off-Topic Ad Homs for Relevance and Politeness isn't a great ticket to be standing on.

The few parts of your post that weren't Mere Abuse were arguing against points, once again, entirely unrelated to anything I said (whether they were related to anything recedite said is besides the point). I'll spare the thread going through your entire post to point-for-point it as one, the other, or indeed both.
    (Given that I was the one who had to translate the source document from Russian to English for you - I can confirm you will not be able to do that.)
    Eh, not given, because not what happened. My browser history tells me I'd sorted to the obvious recourse of "google it" long before recedite even asked this. Perhaps you're simply not quite able to get the concept that recedite and I are distinct entities, and that baiting and switching between things one of us said and what the other might think doesn't make any sense whatsoever? And is a very annoying way to argue, to boot.
    I didn't bother to read it.
    It's just another opinion formed on a lack of understanding of the facts.
    It's of no consequence to anyone.
    Well, that's helpful, isn't it. Refusing to read something and expressing a dogmatic opinion on it. Good job I merely linked to a rational exposition for you to ignore, rather than wasting any additional effort for you to similarly toss aside with great force (if no actual thought).
    I presume when I referred you to 538's piece on Crimean opinion poll analysis you just tossed that on the "didn't read it" pile too.

As (unlike View, say) you appear to believe that the "posterior probable opinion" in Crimea likely is in favour of union of Russia, what truly mystifies me is why you're so insistent on this point. (Though equally, to those that believe otherwise, if Russia "fixed" the referendum, I likewise don't really see the urgency in arguing they "fixed it twice", through mandating the outcome and defrauding or coercing the vote.) Yes, it's fairly dodgy, as I said about a week ago. But it's at best a secondary issue, and more realistically, one that's made entirely result by the actual (or at least "apparent") result.

• Advertisement

Is that not the position of international law, however? We have created a system by which the state is the unit on which international and many other relations occur, that these must be to some extent stable is imperative. Were it merely possible for any group to decide among themselves that they would like there own state the obvious problems that would ensue are obvious.
    It depends how seriously you take the concept of "international law", ultimately. Lacking "international police force, judge, jury", it's pretty thin substance. What you describe is the "received norm", but the frequency when it comes to brass tacks, (self-)exceptions are made makes it hard to credit as a genuine universal principle.
    I can think of many situations where the parent nations go ahead would not be required, however they would be exceptions rather than the rule.
    Are you talking about where that power has already been explicitly ceded to the sub-unit by its parent, or are you saying this is where the state is deemed (by its "peers", or some thereof) to no longer be "legitimate"?
    For me it certainly was how far it fell short of democratic norms, but I think your right that how others reacted more from the perspective you describe, I don't think this was a good idea but I see why. Far more countries have an interest in maintaining the state as the unit at which decisions like this are made than care about how democratic or legitimate a particular referendum was. Most notably, perhaps, China.
    Of course: international law essentially resembles a bunch of iron-age clans, squabbling with each other, agreeing to respect each other's prerogatives and integrity, and observing that to the extent that it suits them, all the while fecking away each other's cattle when no-one is looking. (I recommend the Kinsella translation.) It's axiomatic in the "club of sovereign states" that recognition of the rights of the sovereign state is, at least notionally, paramount.
    Do you not believe it was a land grab? I think that was part of the motivation, another was to punish the Ukrainian government for turning from their sphere and yet another was to send a message to others in the region (many of which have substantial Russian minorities) that this is a possibility.
    I think if you're Putin, you largely see it as redressing a historic wrong and assorted slights to the more recent position of Russia, and something that goes down very well at home with "the electoral base". (He does have occasional elections at home to "fix", too, after all.) If you're a pro-Russian Crimean, you're likely driven mostly by a mixture of fear and resentment over the shenanigans in Kyiv, and "never waste a crisis" opportunity to take an option that political realities hadn't really left on the table.
    By and large, however, I think it is both preferential and the norm that a separation of one state from another is a decision taken in consensus with the whole nation. The problems with just a free for all are too obvious and uncontrollable - for example how big does a movement have to be for their wishes to be valid, can a single town not decide to pack up? Could an oil rich region of a poor state with a small part of the population not just leave and use the wealth for themselves? The potential for conflict and chaos is just to high for it to be up to local authorities what they would want to do in this regard.
    I'm sure I've already said, but it definitely bears repeating: I'm not arguing for an absolute right of self-determination. I think it should be acknowledged as a legitimate aspiration, but as a putative right, it and territorial integrity are utterly at odds, and politicians are all-too-eager to obfuscate that, the better to argue for the one, or the other, essentially arbitrarily. Or more to the point, from what's at best a self-centred "values" bias, or at worst a nakedly self-interested geopolitical one.

Crimea's history and geography does argue to me that its claim on self-determination is at least towards the upper end of the plausibility and legitimacy scales. Hence I think it's at least important to unpick the various arguments that variously a) Crimea is an autonomous territory so "obviously" has such a right, but this vote was fundamentally fraudulent and does not reflect any "true preference" of the peninsula's populace, b) as above, but Russia "framed a guilty man", and accidentally got the right result, which should nonetheless be invalidated on that basis, and c) Crimea can hush and do what Kyiv tells it. This thread has seen a mixture of all three, but the trend of western "diplomacy" has been largely one of c), but using elements of the narratives of a) and b) as "distracting colour".

alaimacerc wrote: »
    And much, much more in the same vein, then followed by:

Tell you what, maybe make at least a half-hearted attempt at following your own advice, before presuming to offer it (at all, much less half so stridently) to others? Just an idea. Off-Topic Ad Homs for Relevance and Politeness isn't a great ticket to be standing on.

The few parts of your post that weren't Mere Abuse were arguing against points, once again, entirely unrelated to anything I said (whether they were related to anything recedite said is besides the point). I'll spare the thread going through your entire post to point-for-point it as one, the other, or indeed both.

Eh, not given, because not what happened. My browser history tells me I'd sorted to the obvious recourse of "google it" long before recedite even asked this. Perhaps you're simply not quite able to get the concept that recedite and I are distinct entities, and that baiting and switching between things one of us said and what the other might think doesn't make any sense whatsoever? And is a very annoying way to argue, to boot.

Well, that's helpful, isn't it. Refusing to read something and expressing a dogmatic opinion on it. Good job I merely linked to a rational exposition for you to ignore, rather than wasting any additional effort for you to similarly toss aside with great force (if no actual thought).

I presume when I referred you to 538's piece on Crimean opinion poll analysis you just tossed that on the "didn't read it" pile too.

As (unlike View, say) you appear to believe that the "posterior probable opinion" in Crimea likely is in favour of union of Russia, what truly mystifies me is why you're so insistent on this point. (Though equally, to those that believe otherwise, if Russia "fixed" the referendum, I likewise don't really see the urgency in arguing they "fixed it twice", through mandating the outcome and defrauding or coercing the vote.) Yes, it's fairly dodgy, as I said about a week ago. But it's at best a secondary issue, and more realistically, one that's made entirely result by the actual (or at least "apparent") result.

Yawn...
    I've already made it clear I wants facts and not opinion/hysterics, so my apologies but I'm going to toss the above in the 'Not for reading' pile.

When you're less flustered, read the preceding page of debate:

Recedite conceded that May 92 was the position on offer.
    Nothing further can be factually established after that, just speculation and conjecture as to what the Crimean Junta would have done with that power.

Since there are no more facts to be discussed, I bid you Adieu!.
    I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.

Abraham Lincoln

/thread

Yawn...
    Recedite conceded that May 92 was the position on offer.
    Nothing further can be factually established after that, just speculation and conjecture as to what the Crimean Junta would have done with that power.
    Since there are no more facts to be discussed, I bid you Adieu!.
    /thread
    I don't mind you having the last word, but you can't go out making false claims about me.
    My position all along was that the restore point on offer was the period 6th May to early June 1992. Not the 1998 Constitution, and not some June 1992 Constitution, both of which were your ideas.

During the period in question, the Declaration of Independence had just been withdrawn (under duress), and an amendment to the constitution has just affirmed that Crimea was "a part of Ukraine".

Here's what you said;

The DeValera constitution has been amended 33 times....
    The May 92 Constitution does not require a Ukrainian counterpart.
    The June 92 Constitution does (which no longer exists).

Aside from the fact that this ambiguity was clearly and deliberately built into the ballot sheet ....... by the Crimean Junta.

I said all along that the Crimean Parliament (not "junta") could have subsequently recommended further integration with RF, or equally they could have opted for more integration with Ukraine (unlikely the people would have wanted it though) Here's what I said;
    Under the 1992 constitution, they would have had the freedom to;
    a) Remain as an autonomous region within Ukraine
    b) Integrate with Ukraine (what you correctly call the current "status quo"while agreeing it has not been the status quo for very long)
    c) Integrate with Russia

What makes you think "local govt." would go against the wishes of the people? To exercise either b) or c) above they would need to either have another referendum, or have a vote by elected representatives in the Parliament.
    Some democratic countries such as Ireland, hold a lot of referendums. Others such as the UK, just go with their elected representatives.
    But either way, its a democratic mandate.

And now, I bid you adieu and thanks for the discussion.

I don't mind you having the last word, but you can't go out making false claims about me.
    My position all along was that the restore point on offer was the period 6th May to early June 1992.
    :rolleyes:
    A word of advice - if you're going to use selective quoting to try misrepresent me/create a strawman, then don't explicitly state your position throughout the thread ;)
    (I have quoted linked post numbers for verification)
    recedite wrote:
    If we can just focus in on that period in June 1992, which is the "restore point" offered to the people in this recent referendum.
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    Do you have a source for that?

I don't understand how it would be possible to restore the June '92 arrangement...Ukraine has operated on a new constitution since 12th June 1999. That Ukrainian constitution was abolished on the 17th March '95.

And yet again:
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    Is 'June' 1992 on the ballot paper? In any language?

Recedite has been unable to provide a source to back up that claim.
    Can you?

No. So the point stands.

May 1992, independence, was on offer.
    I then had to break it down into baby steps:
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    1. The claim was made that June 92 was the 'restore point'.
    2. That's cannot be the case, because it would require restoration of a Ukrainian constitution which no longer exists (abolished in 98).
    3. Therefore May 92 was the 'restore point' on offer, which is a unilateral declaration of independence, and didn't require any participation on the Ukranian side (and which was also the 'restore point' used in 1994)
    4. Regardless, there was no status quo option on offer. (as agreed by recedite himself)

You again asserted June
    recedite wrote:
    It is plain from the wording on the ballot paper that was the restore point on offer. The text specifically included the words "a part of Ukraine".

Again, I had to correct you, this time with nice colours:
    i)5 May 1992 - parliament declared Crimea independent
    ii) 6 May 1992 - new sentence into constitution - declared that Crimea was part of Ukraine.

ii) In June 1992 the parties reached a compromise and Crimea was given the status of "Autonomous Republic".[1]

You then proceeded to ask me to 'agree' that the restore point was between these two (which was the least possible option btw)
    recedite wrote:
    Would you agree that the restore point lies between these two;

And here I explain that it cannot be the June constitution since it requires a Ukrainian counterpart:
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    No I wouldn't.

You're asking me to interpret the ballot in a way that suits your desire.

Crimea has twice offered to revert to the May 92 constitution and NEVER offered to revert to the June 92 constituion.

The May 92 Constitution does not require a Ukrainian counterpart.
    The June 92 Constitution does (which no longer exists).

Then came the very silly and entirely predictable attempt at pretending there were 2 constitutions
    recedite wrote:
    I haven't heard of any second Crimean Constitution in 1992. Have you any info on this June constitution?

I even had to provide a link for you where even the BBC stated that this what what made the referendum so ambigious
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    I'm not aware of a 2nd constitution.

The BBC have referred to the original constitution in May, then an amended constitution in June. (See 'Second Option')
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26514797
    This was also my understanding of it.

The final grasping of straws, which utterly ignored the point I reiterated over and over concerning ambiguity.
    recedite wrote:

I had to explain they're different iterations of the same constitution, :rolleyes:
    dannyboy83 wrote:

This is starting to get silly and I feel it's well beyond the point of straw grasping at this stage.

Finally you realised you couldn't spin it any further
    recedite wrote:

Further negotiations in June 1992 downgraded the constitution and rendered it irrelevant. Nobody thinks this option was on the 2014 ballot paper.
    recedite wrote:
    If we can just focus in on that period in June 1992, which is the "restore point" offered to the people in this recent referendum.

And I correctly stated you had argued June throughout the thread
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    Well then we are at last in agreement.
    May was the restore point, not June as you argued previously.

p.s.
    Here is where you introduced the 1998 constitution:
    recedite wrote:
    There have been a few constitutions in recent years, so the latest one is actually the 1998 one. Check it out here. So in a way, there is no actual status quo, the whole situation has been in a state of flux since the break up of the USSR.

And here I had to correct you (twice)
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    I think you misread.

The option was not to return to the 1998 constitution, it was to return to the 1992 constitution.

And yet again:
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    You're assuming that Option 2 offers membership of Ukraine under the 98 constitution (the status quo).
    Unfortunately, it explicitly says part of the Ukraine under the 92 constitution.

And now I bid you adieu and I rest my case :)

p.s.
    Here was where I stated your concluding position (my position) at the outset of the thread
    dannyboy83 wrote:
    The 1992 constitution was drafted after the USSR imploded.
    It gave (& would give) Crimea the option to decide which path to choose, including joining Russia.
    That constitution was replaced in 1995.

So
    Option 1.
    Join Russia outright

Option 2.
    Become independent, then have the Crimean Junta join Russia (unless you figure they were going to re-join the 'Ukrainian fascists')

Option 3.
    Remain part of the Ukraine Nyevozmozna tovarish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Option 3.
    Remain part of the Ukraine
    Nyevozmozna tovarish
    What?

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    What?

means 'Impossible Comrade'

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BrendanHughes1

The equivalence you are trying to draw is not valid.

1) Kosovo voted to become independent, not simply join another nation.

2) the level of violence & killing of Kosovan ethnic Albanians was horrifying.
    There was no campaign of state violence against ethnic-Russian or Russian speakers in Crimea prior to the Russian invasion.

Neither of those reasons make it illegitimate it just means the circumstances were different.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Hmmm before he answers I'm curious is invading another state a shameful episode or does it really depend :rolleyes: ?

Why are you asking me this question, when the answer is self-evident from my previous post? enough with the deflection tactics, just because America is guilty of wrongdoing, does not just justify Russian transgressions. Why do you always seek to excuse Russian wrongdoing. Oh wait it's the other way around;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hundert

omg so much BS on the first pages that I had to register.

People writing there was no option to remain a part of Ukraine on the referendum ballots...

There were two options (1) Join Russia (2) Remain a part of Ukraine. You misinformed trolls.

The fake polls that were posted here are just as ridiculous. The polls form years 2010 2012 2013 show that only 12% wanted to stay in Ukraine. TWELVE PERCENT. The other 68% wanted to join Russia and 20% were undecided.

You people are SO brainwashed it's unbelievable. IQ 53...

Advertisement