Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Songs From the Past-80s,90s etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Seasan wrote: »
    Stop pickin on them!! LOL :-)
    Cheesey and more...

You're right of course, its my sister I should be picking on for subjecting me to them Christmas circa 84. Must drop that to her facebook, (they did a particularly bad cama cama cama cama cama cama cameleon, I'll try to dig that one out instead :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

You're right of course, its my sister I should be picking on for subjecting me to them Christmas circa 84. Must drop that to her facebook, (they did a particularly bad cama cama cama cama cama cama cameleon, I'll try to dig that one out instead :P

Jeez Im still laughin here.....
    I take it back-pick on them!! :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

You want awful? Remember these monsters?

They did a Christmas Album too! I'd say my sister has it on tape somewhere :D
    Not as awful as Theres no one like Grandad or It's ,orrible being in love when you're eight and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

And who was the sleazy little slag who sang "I Touch Myself"?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't that Samantha Fox? She was a page 3 girl. Big boobs, blond hair all the lads loved her and then it turned out she was lesbian;)

tinyk68 wrote: »
    And who was the sleazy little slag who sang "I Touch Myself"?

Wasn't that Samantha Fox? She was a page 3 girl. Big boobs, blond hair all the lads loved her and then it turned out she was lesbian;)[/quote]

Nah....I remember Samantha Fox had a song that went with "touch me,touch me,I wanna feel your body...."
    But she really was a slag back then.
    As far as I know,even though it is widely known that she is gay,though she has been with men before,she still hasn't "officially" come out yet.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I touch myself was sung by an Aussie band.The female lead singer died recently.The Sam Fox song was called Touch Me (I want your body)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I touch myself was sung by an Aussie band.The female lead singer died recently.The Sam Fox song was called Touch Me (I want your body)

The Divinyls. :)

Remember the one by Moby?
    I never knew what the hell he was singing or singing about,all I could make out was:
    "Ooo lord my troubles are hard,
    Don't nobody know my troubles so bad.....
    Went down to him the other day...."

Always thought he was a weird fecker.
    And for some reason I always thought that song seemed dark and morbid.

Remember this crowd from Germany had a big hit with this in the early 80's?i don't think they were heard from after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

not exactly the greatst cover your ever likely to hear:mad::mad: i was a big oasis fan in school when it came out, it dose'nt seem any better now!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

not exactly the greatst cover your ever likely to hear:mad::mad: i was a big oasis fan in school when it came out, it dose'nt seem any better now!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I like it.

It came out in late 1995. At the time the easy listening revival was gaining momentum and I was getting the bug - picking up late 60s / early 70s lounge LPs many of which had serious funky tunes and oodles of breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    I like it.

It came out in late 1995. At the time the easy listening revival was gaining momentum and I was getting the bug - picking up late 60s / early 70s lounge LPs many of which had serious funky tunes and oodles of breaks.

i can understand what your saying i would have nothing against big band cover's but the video for this song is just awful the band it self did'nt seem here nor there

i always taught big bands held a level of class this always looked like a bad joke in my opinion.

Dunno if there is a thread on the most awful/annoying xmas songs,but here are some of my candidates:

Xmas Wrapping-The Waitresses

The Spaceman-Chris de Burgh

Mary's Boy Child-Boney M

The Milennium Prayer/Saviour's Day-Cliff Richard

A Cheeky Xmas-The Cheeky Girls

That one from Slade

Do They Know It's Xmas-Band Aid,Band Aid II and Band Aid "20"

Fairy Tale Of New York-The Pogues and Kirsty McColl

I know my last two song choices will not be popular with many because they are indeed 2 of the most liked songs at xmas,but every year these two songs are.....
    Played.
    To.
    Death.

Band Aid II is good. Rarely comped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Seasan wrote: »
    Xmas Wrapping-The Waitresses

Heard that on the radio this morning. Still class.

Had these forgotten about until unfortunately I remembered them again:

Complete and utter crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Ah here, some more 80s cheezee of the "foreign" variety (watched only for research purposes).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFlTNk0NOFE njoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

princess Stefanie of monaco :eek: to be fair she did go off the rails after the death of her mother back in the 80s

here's one for you who remembers this tripe........

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I can't see Garth Brooks covering this one when he comes over.

I can't see Garth Brooks covering this one when he comes over.

If he did,that would probably be the last we ever see or hear of him!!

I'm sorry-I know that this is gonna be an unpopular thing to say with lots of people at present,but if I could list every Garth Brooks song on this thread,I would.

• Advertisement

The Kelly Family are deeply unpleasant and sinister.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Ok, try this for horrific. I had to watch it twice to see if it wasnt really happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hYtUYiuzkw&feature=kp

I swear ,somebody told me about it etc.. Oh Check out 2:59 best bit?

^^
    Thank Christ only 2 of those links worked ;)

The other two are like a particularly bad toothache

^^
    Thank Christ only 2 of those links worked ;)

The other two are like a particularly bad toothache

The middle one was meant to be "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlisle.I tried twice to put it up but I dunno why it won't work.

Ok, I'll indulge you Seasan!

Vom, in fact

Ok, I'll indulge you Seasan!

Vom, in fact

Now I need TWO buckets!!!

• Advertisement

This guy was very successfull in the 70s churning out stuff like this.Basicly rude nursery rhymes set to a reggae beat.I read somewhere that he held the record for having the most songs banned by the BBC.

Advertisement