Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Morning all!

Had a fairly good weekend food wise - have been sticking to most of what my leader told me to do! Have only had one banana this week and that was this morning - crazy considering I normally have two a day! Have planned to mix up my brekkie too so that I can use different fruit in it, instead of the bananans. Had porridge this am, going to have Fruit & Fibre tomorrow and add some strawberries and blueberries to it, maybe a kiwi too :D

Hi shoelover.....just saw in your post about the bananas....I usually have two a day....sometimes even 3.....should I be cutting them down do you think??
    Also how much is too much fruit???Today Ive already had 2 peaches, 2 bananas, pineapple, two slices melon AND two oranges!!!Not altogether but as snacks and breakfast!!!
    I tend to eat grapes after dinner which really stops me snacking!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

Hi all
    have not been on here much this which was a big mistake as this week of all weeks i needed motivation and a little push in the right direction,i haven't pointed since i came back from my hols on Saturday and i have my WI in the morning and am not looking forward to it at all.:(
    I know i will be up a good few, i have never been up at any of my WI before even the ones 3 years ago so it will be a new experience for me.
    I have been eating my detox chicken stew since Sunday night and walked 6km yesterday and spent 2 hours in the gym today and will go early in the morning before my WI.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭harr

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    kind of a productive morning I've had so far

• Bacon is currently boiling(for my salads during the week)
    • Meringues are currently cooling(added some strawberry syrop to 1/2 the mix to get some flavoured ones)
    • all the meat bought yesterday has been devided out into single portions and is in the freezer.
    • small man's bottles for the day are made
    • small man's bottles for tomorrow are washed and in the seriliser(?)

wow, i wish i could be as organised as that :)

by the way GT_TDI_150 i did not cop till today that you are a toon fan the same as my self :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Hey Guys

Moment of truth, i went back to WW today and was really dreading it. The lovely orange lady taking my money asked me if i was rejoining I said I suppose so. To which her reply was probably best you haven't been here since the 4th of Feb. AAHHHHHHHH

Anywho cherpy leader who always knows my name, even before i handover my card. I like that :) also commented on my absence but in a nice we haven't seen you for a while kinda way.

Long story short since then i'm only up 2.5lbs. I was quite surprised but happy, its not so bad! I am looking forward to next week, hopefully be back to my 4th of Feb weight or even less.

Gonna have a quorn chili i made last night with some rice for my dinner now. JOY

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Oh God, Bikram yoga in an hour. Still at the trying my best not to pass out or throw up stage. Still every little helps before my weigh in tomorrow, after the weekend away :)

People keep telling me about it but i'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

damn 'iced bakewells' i've had 5 in the last 2days.
    as they say on 'the biggest looser' i think i might have thrown the weigh in
    harr wrote: »
    wow, i wish i could be as organised as that :)

by the way GT_TDI_150 i did not cop till today that you are a toon fan the same as my self :D
    toon, toon!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hope ye all had a good weekend! I have my weigh in tom and will be delighted if I sts or even be up 1lb, not that I've been bad or anything but weighed in at an early morning class last week so have a feeling my loss wasn't accurate because normally weigh in in the evening! Cross yer fingers and toes for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I've just had my 2nd salad for the day :D not a bad start to my "must try to eat more salad" pledge this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Oh God, Bikram yoga in an hour. Still at the trying my best not to pass out or throw up stage. Still every little helps before my weigh in tomorrow, after the weekend away :)
    Can you tell us more about bikram yoga ...where?when?how much?how sweaty?is everyone wearing next to nothing? I would have to public transport st out - feasible?

Week 2 c2 5k ... wow bushed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

opheila wrote: »
    Can you tell us more about bikram yoga ...where?when?how much?how sweaty?is everyone wearing next to nothing? I would have to public transport st out - feasible?

Week 2 c2 5k ... wow bushed!!!

Oh Lordy, well I feel about 4 stone lighter but I promise that comes at a price lol
    It's a 90 minute yoga class done in a 40 degree room so I call it sauna yoga. Everyone is sweating in about 5 minutes and I mean bra and pants soaked right through. However you feel so light and refreshed once you've had a shower after it. I go to init studio which is 5 min walk from grand canal dock.

It is tough though so not for the faint hearted as have seen spots in front of my eyes a few times. I'm doing a month trial for €60. I have loads of friends who swear by it and yes, there's quite a few skinny minnys in hot pants but I like to think they looked like me when they started to ;) I just wear a vest and joggers. There are classes all week and weekend.

• Advertisement

Oh Lordy, well I feel about 4 stone lighter but I promise that comes at a price lol
    It's a 90 minute yoga class done in a 40 degree room so I call it sauna yoga. Everyone is sweating in about 5 minutes and I mean bra and pants soaked right through. However you feel so light and refreshed once you've had a shower after it. I go to init studio which is 5 min walk from grand canal dock.

It is tough though so not for the faint hearted as have seen spots in front of my eyes a few times. I'm doing a month trial for €60. I have loads of friends who swear by it and yes, there's quite a few skinny minnys in hot pants but I like to think they looked like me when they started to ;) I just wear a vest and joggers. There are classes all week and weekend.

wow sounds amazing...but i say drink TONNES of water after it....god i bet its amazing detox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    wow sounds amazing...but i say drink TONNES of water after it....god i bet its amazing detox!

Exactly right. You also need to be very hydrated going in there. So you need at least a litre in you that day before going. Also, you need an empty stomach of at least 2 hours. You're doing loads of stretches a full stomach couldn't work with.
    And final tip, I don't have a proper yoga mat so just used my Wii fit one and that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

now that would be some work out!!!! :eek: I have heard that it is brilliant but not sure I would survive!!!! :o:o

Had an ok day today.....almost gave in and had some bread today, then I realised that DH had bought a different brand then normal.....so I pointed it just to check and each slice was 3pp :eek: so it went back in the bread bin!!!

made more bran muffins today......this time I added some raisins and cinamon.....so have my snacks for the week sorted!!

did the first work out of week 3 in C25K.....was tough going for a bit but I did the full 30 mins so am well chuffed!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

Great evening for a walk girls and boys, or even a light jog!!!

Decided last thur when was up 2lbs, RIGHT THATS IT!!! Gonna hopefully be down 1.5 at least each week for nxt 7 weeks as Ive hol and a wedding!!!
    Very good at home the weekend, went cycling in hilly Clare Sat, on bike for 1hr programme Sun evn though was shattered and a jog this evening....gym tomorro the joys!!!
    Been eating salad too and instead of croutons I use Melba toast!!!
    Any nice ideas or recipies for nice salad dressings???or salad ideas???Im gettin bored of ceaser with light choices dressing...very vinegary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

kc83 wrote: »
    Great evening for a walk girls and boys, or even a light jog!!!

Decided last thur when was up 2lbs, RIGHT THATS IT!!! Gonna hopefully be down 1.5 at least each weekw for nxt 7 weeks as Ive hol and a wedding!!!
    Very good at home the weekend, went cycling in hilly Clare Sat, on bike for 1hr programme Sun evn though was shattered and a jog this evening....gym tomorro the joys!!!
    Been eating salad too and instead of croutons I use Melba toast!!!
    Any nice ideas or recipies for nice salad dressings???or salad ideas???Im gettin bored of ceaser with light choices dressing...very vinegary!!!

I found that as well, now I use balsamic vinegar and a tiny bit of olive oil you could add a tiny bit of whole grain mustard as well if you liked or I add sweet chili sauce instead mix it well and it is lovely much nicer than out of the jar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Exactly right. You also need to be very hydrated going in there. So you need at least a litre in you that day before going. Also, you need an empty stomach of at least 2 hours. You're doing loads of stretches a full stomach couldn't work with.
    And final tip, I don't have a proper yoga mat so just used my Wii fit one and that's fine.

You're my hero! Must give it a go but terrified I'll stick out like k sore thumb

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emer50

2 pounds below my goal and have been given 34 instead of 29 points. Just wondering what are the rules of "maintenance" and what being a gold member means? Do I have to still weigh in every week and do I have to stay within a certain weight limit? My leader isn't giving too much info and I'm trying to plan ahead as I am going on holidays soon!!

flamelily wrote: »
    now that would be some work out!!!! :eek: I have heard that it is brilliant but not sure I would survive!!!! :o:o

Had an ok day today.....almost gave in and had some bread today, then I realised that DH had bought a different brand then normal.....so I pointed it just to check and each slice was 3pp :eek: so it went back in the bread bin!!!

made more bran muffins today......this time I added some raisins and cinamon.....so have my snacks for the week sorted!!

did the first work out of week 3 in C25K.....was tough going for a bit but I did the full 30 mins so am well chuffed!!!!

just make sure to point the raisins!

Whats the story with these bran muffins? Anyone have a link to the recipe and whats the damage pp wise?

meabhaline wrote: »
    Whats the story with these bran muffins? Anyone have a link to the recipe and whats the damage pp wise?

Here You Go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gillygill

hey all after a feed of alcohol yesterday me and the other half got weighed . i stayed the same bit disapointing as i was very good all week . and my bf who was great last week was up 4 !!! could he be bloated from drink ??

Here You Go!

sounds yumatron. thanks!

meabhaline wrote: »
    sounds yumatron. thanks!

they are....nice and filling too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Totally off topic but was anyone watching the Irish come dine with me tonight. One of the ladies is a WW leader - she was the best leader I ever had (I moved away though) and still sends out recipies, tips etc via email. Although she didn't come across fab (and I always thought she was) with the editing it was good to see a WW person in that scenario! Looking forward to seeing what she cooks on her day!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Totally off topic but was anyone watching the Irish come dine with me tonight. One of the ladies is a WW leader - she was the best leader I ever had (I moved away though) and still sends out recipies, tips etc via email. Although she didn't come across fab (and I always thought she was) with the editing it was good to see a WW person in that scenario! Looking forward to seeing what she cooks on her day!

Lol, was going to come on and ask if anyone had her!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

she always has recipies etc on her site too www.eimhear.com but they are vintage points!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

Finding it really difficult this week, I'm down 1lb last Thurs which I'm pleased with as I had 2 big losses recently. I'm off work and totally out of my routine, find it so much easier to organise food when I'm working and have set meal times! Hoping the good weather keeps up, when it's raining I find myself drinking loads of coffee (normally only have one a day when working) and eating more. At least I still have my aerobics classes :) Gonna do plenty of exercise and keep drinking the water . Fingers crossed for this Thursday, I'd be happy with another lb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

kc83 wrote: »
    Hi shoelover.....just saw in your post about the bananas....I usually have two a day....sometimes even 3.....should I be cutting them down do you think??
    Also how much is too much fruit???Today Ive already had 2 peaches, 2 bananas, pineapple, two slices melon AND two oranges!!!Not altogether but as snacks and breakfast!!!
    I tend to eat grapes after dinner which really stops me snacking!!

Hi KC, I'm not sure to be honest. My leader recommended that I cut down on them because I've been plateauing (is that a word? :p) for a few weeks. I have only had one banana so far this week and TBH, haven't missed them as much as I thought I would. Have supplemented them with other fruits though, but am defo not looking as bloated as I was. So hoping for a good loss this week.

I'd ask your leader if I were you. If you are eating that much fruit and still losing, then it might be the right amount of fruit for you. I did lose before while I was having my two bananas a day but I've just hit a plateau so my leader suggested shaking up my diet a bit. Sometimes your body gets used to what you are eating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've brought a bit of couscous with me for lunch today to try and bulk it up a bit. I put a few raisins in it and a bit of curry powder to liven it up a bit, but it's still missing something! Has anyone any suggestions of what herbs or spices to put in the couscous?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

just make sure to point the raisins!

I did indeed, makes the little cupcake muffins 3pp instead but me loves my raisins.....plan to make blueberry ones at the weekend :)

haven't seen the Irish 'Come dine with me' must take a peek and see what its like. weather looks lovely for a change so am hoping to bring the kids out for a walk this evening (plenty of exercise there chasing them around the place :D they never want to go in the same direction!!!)

am in the office today so have all my food and snacks for the day pointed and packed!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement