Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Major Petrolhead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

bazz26 wrote: »
    That garage is not too far from me, I might take a look at it out of curiosity if I am passing that way. BTW, what crazy person originally paid €50k for a Vectra?

It's SOLD????:eek: Did you buy it Bazz:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Original ad doesn't exist any more - is this the same car? Now with 75k KM? (asking as I'm sure there can't be too many OPC estates about)

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/cars/2142125

Full?id=6325019

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Top Dog wrote: »
    Original ad doesn't exist any more - is this the same car? Now with 75k KM? (asking as I'm sure there can't be too many OPC estates about)

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/cars/2142125

Full?id=6325019

Yes its the same car. I posted it in the thread about Motorchecking cars. I also sent it to Donedeal, who replied that they now have the position they will wait for the Garda to tell them to take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Full?id=6325024

Why oh why and people think they can get away with these things :rolleyes:

Look at the state of the interior for "75k" km

ronaneire wrote: »
    Why oh why and people think they can get away with these things :rolleyes:

Look at the state of the interior for "75k" km

It doesn't look too bad to me, fat bastard sitting in the seat for 50K miles would have it like that.

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    It doesn't look too bad to me, fat bastard sitting in the seat for 50K miles would have it like that.

Have you looked at the dash (left side) and steering wheel. Come on, anyone who knows anything about cars will cop or should do that it has been clocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I was going to say the same thing.

Someone who hasn't a clue about cars is not going to buy this because of the "massive" :rolleyes: engine.

Someone who does have a clue is surely going to notice that the seat (the bolser in particular) does not look anything near as fresh as a car with "75k km" (47k miles) should?

If you look at the other photos, you can see the condition of the rear seat. There is no way in hell a back seat degrades like that if it has "75k km". It's one thing seeing a worn drivers seat. It is not unexpected that a driver's seat looks worse than the other seats. But the passenger's seat and the rear seats really give the game away that this car has clocked up a lot more than the 75k km it is being advertised for.

O/T but I cannot believe these cars were so basic.

No climate control or full leather on a 50k Opel? Someone is seriously extracting the urine with that!

Have you looked at the dash (left side) and steering wheel. Come on, anyone who knows anything about cars will cop or should do that it has been clocked.

What's wrong with the dash (left side) and the steering wheel?

I've seen bolsters worn after two years when the owner has been of a hefty (16 stone+) build.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

No climate control or full leather on a 50k Opel? Someone is seriously extracting the urine with that!
    That's just another sign pointing to it being an ex garda car or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

langdang wrote: »

and another :D
    I've seen bolsters worn after two years when the owner has been of a hefty (16 stone+) build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Is it not established that this was indeed an ex-Garda car ?
    I thought that there was only a handfull in the country?

cadaliac wrote: »
    I'd be happy enough to assume it was, and driven with gusto too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I cant really see anything weird in that little photo either TBH.

Would a tow-bar be an unusual feature on a Garda car? Especially on something designated for high-speed use? Would traffic Corps cars be fitted with them for any reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I was going to say the same thing.

Someone who hasn't a clue about cars is not going to buy this because of the "massive" :rolleyes: engine.

Someone who does have a clue is surely going to notice that the seat (the bolser in particular) does not look anything near as fresh as a car with "75k km" (47k miles) should?

If you look at the other photos, you can see the condition of the rear seat. There is no way in hell a back seat degrades like that if it has "75k km". It's one thing seeing a worn drivers seat. It is not unexpected that a driver's seat looks worse than the other seats. But the passenger's seat and the rear seats really give the game away that this car has clocked up a lot more than the 75k km it is being advertised for.

O/T but I cannot believe these cars were so basic.

does any opel have full leather or climate...

Matt Simis wrote: »
    I cant really see anything weird in that little photo either TBH.

Well you must know nothing about cars so :P

cadaliac wrote: »

Supposedly the guy that owned it drove from limerick to dublin everyday. Wish i had his job :Dhttp://octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=50336

Supposedly the guy that owned it drove from limerick to dublin everyday. Wish i had his job :Dhttp://octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=50336

Only if it wasn't on my own time.

JohnH wrote.......

This car had to be seen to be believed. Not a bit of wear on it, anywhere! no wear on the bolsters, steering wheel etc. All original paint, and no major stonechips, no wear on door hinges. No noise from wheel bearings, gearbox, smoke from engine etc. Absolutely flawless, I reckon if it was a diesel, it would have shook itself to death 50k ago lol.
    Guy that had it drove from limerick to dublin everyday, but really knew how to look after a car. Always serviced at the interval, which was every 2 monthsgrnsurprised.gif
    I drove it for the easter weekend after it came into stock on the thursday, and it was one hell of a car, massive room, comfort, endless power etc. If it was blue, i probably would have bought it myself.
    It sold the following tuesday!!

No mention of the steering wheel or left hand side of dash being indicators of the miles :pac:

He also wrote, prophetically "The car was amazing to drive, so so tight, you could easily knock 200k off the clock without anyone noticin"

Full?id=6325024

From another car, maybe I need glasses or something but the silver trim on the one above ain't exactly silver more likely from putting things in and taking them out of the glove box

3765719-1011.jpg

Well you must know nothing about cars so :P

You reckon so? Sure we're all entitled to our opinions I suppose ;)

• Advertisement

You reckon so? Sure we're all entitled to our opinions I suppose ;)

I do think you need glasses :)

Also you misinterpreted who that comment about knowing nothing about cars was directed at. Another poster commented they saw nothing amiss with the dash and steeering wheel. I then used your comment to jokingly mention to him that he must know nothing about cars if he saw nothing amiss :pac:

Sarcasm ;)

I do think you need glasses :)

Also you misinterpreted who that comment about knowing nothing about cars was directed at. Another poster commented they saw nothing amiss with the dash and steeering wheel. I then used your comment to jokingly mention to him that he must know nothing about cars if he saw nothing amiss :pac:

Sarcasm ;)

I'm not going to get in to an argument with you. But if you want to believe that car has no wear inside and so on that's your opinion.

What is more of the matter is people can go around clocking cars and expect to get away with it, regardless if it is 5k or 200k.

I'm inclined to believe yer man john h on the cars condition, Altho he does drive a 5.7L V8 RWD Ute in the wettest country in the world, so he could just be completely bonkers...

The OPC has a carbon look trim:cool: and im pretty sure the silver streak on it is the sunshine lol

The OPC has a carbon look trim:cool: and im pretty sure the silver streak on it is the sunshine lol

Cheers much appreciated.

I'm not going to get in to an argument with you. But if you want to believe that car has no wear inside and so on that's your opinion.

I never said it had no wear did I?

I did however object to your comment that anyone who knows anything about cars would know it was clocked from the pictures. You then went on about the lhs of the dash (which there is nothing wrong with) and the steering wheel (which you have yet to clarify what you think is wrong with it, presumably you mean it looks shiny which to me is the sunlight again).

I never said it had no wear did I?

I did however object to your comment that anyone who knows anything about cars would know it was clocked from the pictures. You then went on about the lhs of the dash (which there is nothing wrong with) and the steering wheel (which you have yet to clarify what you think is wrong with it, presumably you mean it looks shiny which to me is the sunlight again).

So what your saying is is the car looks fine yeah? And the shine on the wheel is from the sun?

Says a lot alright.

So what your saying is is the car looks fine yeah?

Yep, from the pics it looks fine to me, bit of wear on the drivers seat.

And the shine on the wheel is from the sun?

Yep, doesn't look at all worn to me. Looks as shiney as the one in the pic voteforpedro put up.
    Says a lot alright.

No need to get your knickers in a twist, it's already been clarified you are wrong with the dash trim. you're the one who reckoned it was worn due to repeated ude of the glovebox, now that says a lot in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I'm inclined to believe yer man john h on the cars condition, Altho he does drive a 5.7L V8 RWD Ute in the wettest country in the world, so he could just be completely bonkers...
    If that guy John H is who I think he is, then he's a sound fella, but that donedeal ad with the poor grammer is certainly not him. So it may well have been clocked after it passed John H's hands.

• Advertisement

Yep, from the pics it looks fine to me, bit of wear on the drivers seat.

Yep, doesn't look at all worn to me

No need to get your knickers in a twist, it's already been clarified you are wrong with the dash trim. you're the one who reckoned it was worn due to repeated ude of the glovebox, now that says a lot in my view.

It's you that is getting your knickers in a twist!

But again I posted my opinion and your entitled to post yours. Now if you want to continue on that's fine, but TBH I have better things to be doing then replying to you knit picking.

Advertisement