Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's All Kicking Off Again - Fairview Crescent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭anti_c

cruiser178 wrote: »
    He keeps using that word because its what the people who lost their homes deserve.[/QUOTE even on tonites limerick leader monday 8 november front page judge tom o"donnell was "gobsmacked"at the list of complaints

tonites limerick leader front page monday november 8 2010 family has to leave city estate in 60 Days .where are this animals going to live now?:eek::eek::eek::eek: even judge tom o donnell was "gobsmacked at the list of complaints

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Take the kids off them and let the adults rot at the side of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LIMRK12

About time they got evicted, i used to live there and had to leave my house. They are horrible, the estate is that bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

bigpink wrote: »
    Take the kids off them and let the adults rot at the side of the road

People like this have no intention of ever having responsibility or decency - they will live as they please making everyone miserable.

- Someday, someone is going to have to say to them you're acting like an absolute Cnut - Drop off the radar or this is the fcuking consequence and then shove it in their face in no uncertain terms.

The obvious one is to halve their "binifitttts." - Leave the Fcukers starve if they keep attacking the very hand that feeds them and buys them their Beer/Hash/Stained Vests/Xbox Games etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

anti_c wrote: »
    where are this animals going to live now?

i've said it before and i'll say it again: they are no animals!

animals do not behave like that filth. or do you seriously compare your dog/cat/rabbit/budgie/hamster compared with this scum?

EDIT: except the vicious rabbit, of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

i've said it before and i'll say it again: they are no animals!

animals do not behave like that filth. or do you seriously compare your dog/cat/rabbit/budgie/hamster compared with this scum?

You haven't seen my rabbit. It is vicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 TheMastero

zuroph wrote: »
    Lesson 2: If you're going to try to be smart on the internet, actually be smart.

Were is the lesson there????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Situations like these are when we should invite Rio's BOPE squads to Ireland for a while. Any unit that has this as their emblem and "Knife In The Skull" as their motto seem hardcore.

For added intimidation and terror they paint some of their trucks with sharks teeth and eyes on the front. One TV station picked them up before announcing over their truck megaphones that "We have come for your souls" as they prepared to attack a drug gang.

img_1929_1231587729.png

We can only wish! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Any society that tolerates antisocial behaviour will suffer antisocial behaviour. Call me a pessimist but it is human nature.

Society in this country reminds of a pond. A half-inch of scum at the top and two inches of dirt on the bottom, both of those layers all the while polluting the 12 inches of decent freshwater in between. Unsustainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

Has the family been named...?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They haven't been mentioned by name in any of the papers I've read, so posting their names here wouldn't be a good idea either. Some people seem to have an idea though, so a quick private message might give you a clearer picture of what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

They haven't been mentioned by name in any of the papers I've read, so posting their names here wouldn't be a good idea either. Some people seem to have an idea though, so a quick private message might give you a clearer picture of what's going on.

I think that is a disgrace,they should be named and shamed for what they did to people in fairview crescent.I also think its going to be a problem for landlords,how are they supposed to know who they are renting their houses to,at least if their names are mentioned in the papers/radio landlords will be tipped off.Im sure nobody would want to rent to them.http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/city-councillors-welcome-eviction/5db81405-76f6-4d3d-86bc-29b45e85ffd1

there was a story in the sunday world newspaper on the 5 september 2010 by niall donald about fairview crestent garryowen .the story went by saying Locals live in fear of teen gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

TheMastero wrote: »
    Were is the lesson there????

Here's another while you find the other one: Where, not were.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Next grammar nazi gets this thread locked and earns him/herself a week off the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Grammer Nazi..i like it...

If we spread these [people] to all other areas of limerick , its like spreading a virus or infection. One area should be specially catered for these families, if they wanna act the bollox with people let them act the bollox with people of their same ilk..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Vigilantism is the only remedy for this problem. Since the courts (childrens courts included) don't seemed bothered with giving these thugs proper sentences, and the guards seem powerless to stop them, people should get together and teach these scumbags a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Next grammar nazi gets this thread locked and earns him/herself a week off the forum.

Bowing to the Insect Overlord as we speak :o

• Advertisement

You weren't the only one, Ciaran ;)

I've said it a few times (and I haven't been the only one to say it) that Limerick needs a Batman. Not the cartoon-ey, Adam West type, but in the Dark Knight mould. Realistically, that's not going to happen. Vigilantism has been made to sound romantic and powerful, but if someone actually tried it they'd end up either dead or in gaol. Even the option of peaceful people power is out, because the ones that do the damage wouldn't be put out by the likes of a boycott.

It's frustrating just to read about the failures of the justice system, so I can't even begin to imagine what living in that reality must be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

charlemont wrote: »

If we spread these [people] to all other areas of limerick , its like spreading a virus or infection. One area should be specially catered for these families, if they wanna act the bollox with people let them act the bollox with people of their same ilk..

Creating a Ghetto is not a solution. The ghettos will only grow and grow and then spread into ajoining areas. It's not unusual for these type to have seven or eight kids who in turn will have seven or eight kids each. See whats going to happen. Sterilisation could be an option but then you go down the road of Eugenics and I don't think that would hold up to international law.

Only option as I see it is zero tollerance. One strike you're out. Jail and kids taken into care if you do anything antisocial.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

If the children are being dragged up like this then that should be considered the same as child abuse. Remove the kids from them under child protection law.

I don't see why these people are being housed in the community.They should be housed in Limerick prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

You weren't the only one, Ciaran ;)

I've said it a few times (and I haven't been the only one to say it) that Limerick needs a Batman. Not the cartoon-ey, Adam West type, but in the Dark Knight mould. Realistically, that's not going to happen. Vigilantism has been made to sound romantic and powerful, but if someone actually tried it they'd end up either dead or in gaol. Even the option of peaceful people power is out, because the ones that do the damage wouldn't be put out by the likes of a boycott.

It's frustrating just to read about the failures of the justice system, so I can't even begin to imagine what living in that reality must be like.

It would be something of a start if those who are supposed to be responsible or in control in these situations handed back the keys of their Company car, stopped cashing their very substantial pay-cheques and cleared out their desks because they are a huge part of the overall problem.

[about people who are breaking every housing law _they are into drugs murder and criminal activity and are at the same time renting houses from the council _we have no obligation to give them houses [Bbut i afraid to do so" senior executive officer jean ryan assured cllr jim long that the draft policy document has been vetted by the councild legal department and director of services kieran lehane said that it will be presented to court

someone in planning worth going out and examining these people_ i "m afraid to do so" senior executive officer jean ryan assured cllr jim long that the draft policy document has been vetted by the council"s legal department and director of services kieran lehane said that it will be presented to court

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

todays limerick post. 20 FAMILIES FLEE FAIRVIEW CRESENT GARRYOWEN. ANTI SOCIAL ACTIVITY IS RAMPANT IN AREA the hse can refuse nt subsidy to an applicant<but the question is have they ever done it? this was the question posed by cllr diarmuid scully in city hall on monday when it was revealed that 20 families have been forced out of the fairview crescent in garryowen due to "shocking" anti social activity. it emerged on this tuesday that one family had been issued with court order to be out of their house within 60 days. "all antisocial social activity is criminal and people"s are made miserable and absolute hell, and the hse has failed to do its job in this area but unless we get the courts to back us up with more support from the garda siochane >we are fighting a losing battle."said cllr scully armed with a new draft policy on anti_social behaviour councillors and city hall executives heard cllr pat kennedy say: "we need to be more hard nosed in dealing with _ the garda commissioner should come to limerick and see what is happening in fairview crescent garryowen. there is breakdown in law and order and the people are not being properly protected from these criminals who not be rehoused. "its" incredible that the organisations of the state have failed the people of fairview_it"s a terrible indictment on the minister for justice_ criminals should not be rehoused_ we should ask for repossession of the house_we are not talking about "
    someone in planning worth going out and examining these people_ i "m afraid to do so" senior executive officer jean ryan assured cllr jim long that the draft policy document has been vetted by the council"s legal department and director of services kieran lehane said that it will be presented to court
    Heres the link anti-c,think this is what your trying to say http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/2481-20-families-flee-fairview-crescent.html

todays limerick leader city edition saturday 13 november 2010. front page where will "family from hell" end up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 LIMRK12

hmm on the road, get them a caravan.. they dont deserve anywhere else. People like that will never change!!

• Advertisement

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: o my god

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement