Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiding Status Updates on Facebook?

• 07-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Is there any way to hide your status updates from one or all of your Facebook friends?

Specifically, would it be possible to hide or block any new friend notifications from appearing on your Wall/Timeline?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you can add people on your friends list into something like a separate list or a group - if you get me.

These people will still be on your main friends list though but would have the name of the new list/group beside their name when you view it - not anyone else

then when posting something, you know the option of who to share it with - either friends or global etc. the new list/group should be there too, so only those people would see it if you choose that option.
    you used to be able to do the above & probably still are. not 100% sure though but i'd say its still possible

for this: "hide or block any new friend notifications from appearing on your Wall/Timeline"
    i'm not exactly sure what you mean.
    Do you mean when you accept a friend request it's shows up on your profile that you've became friends with 'X'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

batistuta9 wrote: »
    for this: "hide or block any new friend notifications from appearing on your Wall/Timeline"
    i'm not exactly sure what you mean.
    Do you mean when you accept a friend request it's shows up on your profile that you've became friends with 'X'?

Yea, I mean that when you've added a new friend it won't appear.

eg: Paul is now friends with Shane etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

dceire wrote: »
    Yea, I mean that when you've added a new friend it won't appear.

eg: Paul is now friends with Shane etc.

you can definitely remove it from the timeline after it appears, not sure if you can stop it appearing in the first place.

but if you just to to your page straight after you accept the request & remove it hardy no one or anyone will have seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can set privacy to Only Me when doing an update.
    Or just set your privacy in general to Only Me.

Advertisement