Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

ronoc wrote: »

and Why does this plug have round holes?
    http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4745/dsc00063dh4.jpg

any ideas?

5 Amp lighting socket I would say.

Is there a prize? ;)

• Butt plugs for really tight arses.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Its a Type D Socket used to be the standard back in the day still used in india third world countrys ya still find them in Hotels etc my grans gaff is full of them :eek:

http://users.pandora.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

we used to have round sockets in our house years ago.

Avns1s wrote: »

Is there a prize? ;)

No :)

What is the point of them? Why not just use normal sockets?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

first pic looks like those things that you take out of a new washing machine, they keep the spinner inside in place so it doesn't break in transit.

Then again i could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ronoc wrote: »
    and Why does this plug have round holes?

any ideas?

To take a round pin plug.

Did that ever occur to you?

Slow coach wrote: »
    To take a round pin plug.

Did that ever occur to you?

So its for alternative lifestyle electricians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

It's just a standard, over in canada they have special plugs for washing machines and for tumble driers, it's only Ireland and Uk really that have the regular 3 pin plug you're used to!
    The second picture is screws with rawl plugs over there so they'll stay stuck into what ever they're being screwed into

SQDD wrote: »
    The second picture is screws with rawl plugs over there so they'll stay stuck into what ever they're being screwed into

They are about 7'' long just for an idea of the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Avns1s wrote: »
    Its a Type D Socket used to be the standard back in the day still used in india third world countrys ya still find them in Hotels etc my grans gaff is full of them

Avns1s is correct, they are 5 amp lighting sockets, lower rated for lighting. Were all the rage in the 80's (well almost) rarely used now. Were cost saving as thinner cable was needed to install and therefore cheaper in a copper price crisis (80's), all in all pointless though.

They are not 'type D' though. Type D is 15A and an altogether larger socket...

Advertisement