Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Skinny Jeans

• 15-03-2007 3:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Tucked in to knee high boots.... still love this look.. dont see it so muchanymore... gone or still going???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't think your looking in the right places so! It's still pretty common, I see it all the time in Dublin city. I'll agree it's a great look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Lord God, how could a look like that ever go out of fashion? Its Da Bomb! Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Yep, love it! Took me a while to get to like skinny jeans, hope they're here to stay

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

According to the fashion boffins the skinnies are on their last legs, he he (sorry crap joke but at least Im entertained!) and the flaired jean with a slightly high waist is coming in to take their place. Blame it all on the waif like Ms. Moss coz she introduced skinnies and was the first to be seen in flairs. Its 60's all the way for the Summer apparently, that and acid brights, metallics, big volume (dresses coats etc) and brocade...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yup, skinnies are out of favour now and the wide leg/flare is back in.

Thank god too! I do not have the legs, or the confidence, for skinny jeans. While I think they look great on women with fantastic legs, there's so many heifers out there that squeezed themselves into skinny jeans, with rolls of fat everywhere... Ew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

You still see them everywhere but I agree with Faith, I think alot of girls will be happy to see them go out of fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

aww i love the skinnies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

A-wear are saying to wear smock tops over your skinny jeans so it looks like they are here to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I hope they're here to stay. Due to a washing machine mishap all my jeans are about half the size they were before i put them in to clean last night :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

defo still popular...i hope!! i duno what id do with out my jeans boots combo....esp since the ends of my fave jeans are now all frayed and Ive no choice but to tuck them in boots!!!

Its soooo hard to get a nice pair of jeans..Im hanging on to them as long as I can!!!! Even if they start falling apart...what the hell sure the 'vintage' look is in!!! lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

They are on the way out.
    But many girls love them, so I think they'll be around a good while although they might be "officially" out (meaning celebs won't be seen in them any more).

I prefer to see them gone. They only look good on really really (!!) skinny girls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

meowCat wrote:
    They are on the way out.
    But many girls love them, so I think they'll be around a good while although they might be "officially" out (meaning celebs won't be seen in them any more).

I prefer to see them gone. They only look good on really really (!!) skinny girls.
    I agree, too many girls have forced themselves to slavishly follow the skinny jean trend and all too often it wasn't right for them. Just because something is supposedly in fashion thanks to Victoria Beckham or Kate Moss wearing it doesn't mean its a good look............also look at some of the other choices these women make i.e. the men in their lives and you'll see that they aren't always the wisest of women;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

eo980 wrote:
    I don't think your looking in the right places so! It's still pretty common, I see it all the time in Dublin city. I'll agree it's a great look!
    Hrmm, do you love the look or do you just love the boots?I'm pretty sure we know the answer to that one, don't we Eo980? :D

Regarding the look itself, still looks well on the right women and is most definately still going. I think those that it didn't suit just realised the truth of the situation and changed to something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

rb_ie wrote:
    Hrmm, do you love the look or do you just love the boots?I'm pretty sure we know the answer to that one, don't we Eo980? :D

Regarding the look itself, still looks well on the right women and is most definately still going.

Well you answered your own question rb.

Advertisement