Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music from Guinness Ad

• 15-01-2007 11:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

Does anyone know the music from the Guinness Northstar ad? Who is it by and what is it called? Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

The Shins - New Slang

Also on the Garden State OST

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

Thank you kindly. Searched for it on itunes and now I have it. Wanted it for ages. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

On a related note, can anybody tell me the song in the latest guinness ad? It has an acoustical guitar/banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

NufcNavan wrote: »
    On a related note, can anybody tell me the song in the latest guinness ad? It has an acoustical guitar/banjo.
    Called "Classical gas", I hate all these fecking ads playing music off my playlists! people hear it and then think you only listen to it since its on ads.

Dunno who does the version on the ad, the original, & my favourite, is by Mason Williams.

Though there is one song I want from an ad that I don't know, its an old carling black label ad, it had animation and an old bluegrass style song in it (think its called bluegrass anyway).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

So when you're out there
    Head for the great taste
    The great taste of CarlEEEEEEng

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

rubadub wrote: »
    Though there is one song I want from an ad that I don't know, its an old carling black label ad, it had animation and an old bluegrass style song in it (think its called bluegrass anyway).

It was a Cajun piece of music.
    Twas good, alright.
    Found it on youtube.

and here's the ad

Twas good, alright.
    Found it on youtube.
    Brilliant! thanks a lot, amazing sound to it. I looked on youtube a few years back and googled it too but found nothing, never thought I would get the song name, thought it might be some generic session cover or something, like those bulmers ad covers. This site will let you download stuff to various formats http://www.mediaconverter.org/

This is the original Mason Williams one

There is also an acoustic version without the orchestra

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

NufcNavan wrote: »

Here's a very similar version to that played in the new add, wouldn't be surprised if its the same people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

There is a cd available to buy on amazon. It's 'Guinness 250th Anniversary: music from the TV Ads' and it has various guinness ad tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭scotchy

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I just went in search of this tune friends and realised I knew it from......

Mr. Chet Atkins

There are better versions but Chet knew a great tune and thats a FACT!

:cool:

Clapton does one too -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55A9H-PqOvY&NR=1

Nulty wrote: »
    Clapton does one too
    Thats actually not him, the guy who posted it on that youtube page even says it in his info box thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_gas
    There is a common misconception that "Classical Gas" was composed and performed by Eric Clapton, when in fact Clapton has never even recorded a cover of the song. This misconception may possibly be attributed to the fact that Clapton was musical director of, and played much of the guitar music for the feature film The Story of Us, whereas the version of "Classical Gas" on the film's soundtrack is actually from Williams' album Handmade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

The group that did this version were 'Area Code 615':

Free on iTunes here

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

nuttz wrote: »
    The group that did this version were 'Area Code 615':

Free on iTunes here

Cheers, looking for that for ages, song is called Classical Gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mckennajmk

Twas good, alright.
    Found it on youtube.

brilliant, took me ages looking for that cajun song from the carling add when i stumbled on this tread. nice one

Advertisement