Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Honest Crisps

• 21-01-2007 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Has anyone who eats the Tayto Honest Cheese and Onion flavoured crisps recently noticed that they taste like salt and vinegar. ( jez I hate salt and vinegar crisps) Purchased a packet recently from a venting machine and they tasted like Salt and vinegar. and then today bought a 6 pack in Tesco’s and every pack had a salt and vinegar taste.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm boycotting Tayto since the company that bought them changed the recipe. (after promising on the Gerry Ryan shoe that they wouldn't change a thing)

Tayto used to be just potatoes, sunflower oil and the flavourings. Now they have hydrogenated oil which is the trans fats stuff that sticks to they insides of your arteries like nothing else!

So flavour is the least of your worries! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,363 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think they may use something instead of salt in honest crisps. tastes a bit funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I did get a couple of salt and vinegar in a cheese n onion bag recently alright, not too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I find the 'honest' crisps slightly cardboardey.
    I stick to 'treble crunch'. Nice and onioney too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think they may use something instead of salt in honest crisps. tastes a bit funny.

Yes, it tastes more like that low sodium salt substitute I think.
    olaola wrote:
    I find the 'honest' crisps slightly cardboardey.
    Great description. I agree, they're very dry.

Unfortunately I prefer the ones that are even more bad for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Kolodny wrote:

Unfortunately I prefer the ones that are even more bad for me.

Walkers? I found out the night before my brothers wedding (I was best man) that if I even smell a walkers crisp, I am guaranteed to have huge volcanic spots the next day. Dont know if I'm allergic or if they put something evil in them, but there's definitely something wrong.

Advertisement