Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Sugru???

• 09-02-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

As the title says ... where can I get sugru?

I want it to built up a palm swell on one of my rifles.

thanks

Fish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If you're ever in Dublin, the Science Gallery sells the stuff.
    Alternatively, Sugru themselves will sell it to you via mail order. (They also have a map on that page showing where you can buy it from shops in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Thanks Sparks ... just found some in The Ballymaloe Shop ... of all places !!! good girl Rachel ;)

She probably orderd some siucra and misspelt the order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Just hoping thats not what I ordered .... as I'm sweet enough!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Available in Ireland..Great!:D
    thks for the linky.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 sophielou77

The sugru brand was actually made in Kilkenny Ireland a friend of mine is a friend of Jane who made sugru

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Never heard of it before but looks like something I would use ;);) Thanks!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭triskell

As the title says ... where can I get sugru?

I want it to built up a palm swell on one of my rifles.

thanks

Fish
    Thanks for sharing this, this stuff looks amazing. I never heard of it before your post. but I need a couple of kilos of it for all the broken things I have put away just in case I could fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bolt12000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

On display and for sale in a Chemists shop here in KK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 martinstuart

bolt12000 wrote: »

As at 9th January 2014 this link leads to an empty page on the limetrace site, one that says "This page you are attempting to access could not be found. "

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

You can buy it in B and Q

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Maplins have it as well.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Does anyone know where in the South West you can buy sugru?

Why is Sugru so hard to get in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Not that difficult few places selling it as listed previously. Also there are a few sellers on ebay that are doing it too although they seem more expensive.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

You can buy it directly from the company online. It arrives in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 albio

You can buy it in B and Q

Just tried to buy it in B&Q Swords but they hadn't heard of it and it wasn't listed on their inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Is polymorph the same as Sugru ?

No, they're quite different. Sugru, for example, is stable at high temperatures whereas polymorph melts above 62C.

• Advertisement

thanks albio, I wasn't sure if there was a difference, was thinking of doing the hand grip of my rifle, but thinking of changing the rifle down the line , so don't want to move away from its original state. Buying a pistol for target shooting is the priority at the mo.

Polymorph may be what you need then. It softens above 62C and can, I think, be removed quite easily then. Have a look at the videos on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Yes have looked at the videos I have also looked at Rat grips their another option

Spotted sugru in Maplins in Blanchardstown today, but only in very small quantities...

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

Sparks wrote: »
    Spotted sugru in Maplins in Blanchardstown today, but only in very small quantities...

Its also very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭clivej

As posted before it's for sale in a high street chemist in Kilkenny City

Is sugru available from any bricks and mortar shops in Co Kerry? I'd like to se the product in real life before buying. How much does it cost?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Gunney

Buy it online - it's cheap as chips, as you guys say, and fantastic for grips, palm swells, cheek wells, customizing thumbholes... anything you can think of.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Gunney

Because while it's Irish it's also clever ( the idea, not the Sugru - that's just inanimate) and the powers that be in Ireland hate anything clever. I'm surprised they haven't banned it like they're tryin' to ban yer guns

Advertisement