Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podcasts for the car (Radio is sh1te)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Welcome to boards, funkee!

Have to agree with this. As I said in another thread, I started listening to this a while back and I think it's fantastic.

I honestly couldn't wait a week to listen to more of them and was disappointed when I realised that older shows weren't available on itunes. I still managed to source a large chunk of the back catalogue, though and am slowly making my way through it.

So many interesting stories. If you haven't listened to it, you are really missing out.

I just subscribed to 'This American Life' and there's only the 1 podcast. Pity. I'll just have to use my insane interweb skills to find more, previous shows.

Also, those Opie and Anthony podcasts seem to be shorts??? There's about 6 shows longer than an hour.

Joe Rogan's podcasts are so easy to find in comparison.

Thanks for all the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

tinner777 wrote: »
    any more like this?

I haven't found anything similar really and they've stopped making them :( Another good one is The Bugle. That's a Times podcast and they've been cancelled too - but they'd hoping they'll find somewhere else to publish the podcasts. It's very funny too but of a more political bent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Bugle hasn't been cancelled - it's just that the Times are no longer supporting it.

They released a test podcast from their new setup earlier this week so don't panic :)

It's my favourite podcast by far and probably the only one I would happily pay for. Not sure how much is in the archives these days but would advise new listeners to go back as far as possible - the US Election coverage from 2008 is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If you are interested in history at all there are some great ones out there. Dan Carlins hardcore history is brilliant.

From our own correspondant on the BBC is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

lol @ me, can't believe I forgot to mention the peerless "The History of Rome" podcast by Mike Duncan.

The best podcast there is, bar none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

A bit sweary and dodgey but real funny is talking **** with Jim and Eddie. A rougher version of gervais

Advertisement