Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Is it good for paler skin tones? High street make up is always too dark :(

I would be a MAC NC20, and I have Photoready in Ivory and it works great.
    I mix it with Nars Sheers Glow for my perfect foundation.

For those asking, Photoready is much lighter than Colourstay. For me, Colourstay is night wear, and Photoready day wear.

F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Has anyone any experience with E.L.F brushes?

I'm in desperate need in a bronzer/powder brush.
    I have a few ELF brushes and find the excellent, especially for the price.

Lancôme Le Crayon Khôl - Noir

b_03401w.jpg

I am useless at applying eyeliner, but find this very easy to use and have used it 2--3 times since I got it and each time I got it almost right, but more practice and I should get it (hopefully!).

It's not too black either, gives a nice 'soft' look.

Would buy it again and definitely recommend it.

Lancôme Juicy tube

b_115012.jpg

Not really a fan of this tbh. I find it sticky and heavy on my lips. :(

Wouldn't buy it or recommend it.

Lancôme Bi-Facial make-up remover

b_064033.jpg

The best eye make-up remover I've ever used. Just one swipe and 90% of the make-up comes off. You only need a little so my lil travel size bottle should last ages.

YSL Faux Cils Mascara - Black

3365440375925_SUBLIMEGREY_VOLUMEEFFETFAUXCILSLUXURIOUSMASCARA.JPG?sh=250

Love love love this mascara!!! <3 It doesn't clump or look to dramatic!

Highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Fiii wrote: »
    For those asking, Photoready is much lighter than Colourstay. For me, Colourstay is night wear, and Photoready day wear.

F
    I'd kinda agree, photoready isn't as heavy at all but it's got almost shimmer in it so doesn't suit day as much. I really like both, photoready for when you want to glow, colorstay when you want a longwearing makeup that will last for hours.
    I happily change between the two on a day to day basis and they are both great. I wear both at night as well and both have lasted nicely, but photoready wouldn't be there when I wake up, not that I'd want it to be.
    Basically, use a tester in the shop, colorstay lasts longer but is heavy. Photoready has a lovely sheen off it, but can make you look shiney on the wrong day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

I only used Colorstay a few times, I found it was far too matte on my skin-the Photoready gives more of a dewy finish. Colorstay would have higher coverage aswell I think, I prefer a lighter look. They're fairly different to be honest, so I wouldnt get the Photoready just for the pump if you love the other one...

Shmatter wrote: »
    I'd kinda agree, photoready isn't as heavy at all but it's got almost shimmer in it so doesn't suit day as much. I really like both, photoready for when you want to glow, colorstay when you want a longwearing makeup that will last for hours.
    I happily change between the two on a day to day basis and they are both great. I wear both at night as well and both have lasted nicely, but photoready wouldn't be there when I wake up, not that I'd want it to be.
    Basically, use a tester in the shop, colorstay lasts longer but is heavy. Photoready has a lovely sheen off it, but can make you look shiney on the wrong day.

Yes, very true - it does have a wee touch of shimmer. I never really noticed it too much though.
    Like Azureus, I do like the 'dewy look', but if you are prone to oily skin, or just like things to be a little more matte, I would recommend using a powder to finish the look.
    I got Mac Mineralise Skin Finish Natural not too long ago and I LOVE it! Don't know how I ever managed without it ;) It would be perfect for the likes of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So on foot of this thread I toddled off to the E.L.F. website for the first time
    E.L.F has been hit and miss for me but if anyones planning on buying stuff from their Studio section their Facebook page has been advertising 20% off all day today
    wrote:
    Use code STUDIOSAVE on the 'shopping bag' page before checking out.
    Got an email to say their brushes are back in stock so definitely going to try them. The eye palette looks brilliant and have read nothing but good reviews about it.
    I bought the new Rimmel 25 hour foundation in Boots
    I bought this last week on your rec pikachucheeks.:) Waay to heavy for me tbh, dont like it at all as i tend to take my foundation from day to night with just more bronzer. The consistency is too heavy. Got a free 7 day sample of Lancome Teint Miracle yesterday (free email thing), actually 2 lots cos the girl was so nice in Dundrum. Really liked it, lovely light glowy coverage and would pick it over Rimmel.Its funny, my skin changes all the time so a foundation that looks great one day will look disatrous a few weeks down the line. Will give the 25hr a few more gos before i totally knock it on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Fiii wrote: »
    I would be a MAC NC20, and I have Photoready in Ivory and it works great.
    I mix it with Nars Sheers Glow for my perfect foundation.

F

Ah ok, NC/NW15 was too dark for me. Oh well!

Have you tried Nars Sheer Glow? I bought it in the shade Siberia (it's the palest they have) and it was FAR too pale for me. Fab coverage though and a really nice foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

anniehoo wrote: »
    E.L.F has been hit and miss for me but if anyones planning on buying stuff from their Studio section their Facebook page has been advertising 20% off all day today

Website itself has a 50% discount with NEWSTU for orders of the Studio line over $25 til the 7th.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

tomissex wrote: »
    Website itself has a 50% discount with NEWSTU for orders of the Studio line over $25 til the 7th.

That's the US site, you can't deliver off there. eyeslipsface.co.uk is where you gotta go
    Their facebook page has loads of deals, some are only free shipping but if you wait you can get good ones!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Not directly related to the thread, but I'm the same! If you're ever in London, the Mac Pro store sells NC10 and 5, apparently :)
    Some at the Mac counter in BTs told me that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ksliam30

Hi Girls,

I am new to this site and trying to catch up on the last few posts. I have recently come across a professional makeup brand called Nouba by matisse it has the best eyeshadows ihave ever tried as they are strong and bold they also have excellent foundaations especially for the mature skin as they really camouflage the signs of aging including open pores which i have. There really worth a try and the price was really good for the quality i paid €10 for a double bubble eyeshadow of a girl in the Gorey country market however when i looked up the brand online it cost €24. She also does a lipstain in many colors and i also bought one for €10 and it stays on for 6-7 hours without drying the lips thought this was great.

nouba-double-bubble-lidschatten-59.html?___store=english

Anyone else try Nouba products?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

blondiexox wrote: »
    I was in Superdrug yesterday and found a really good dupe for MAC's Club eyeshadow. It's a Makeup Academy or MUA eyeshadow in Shade 12. It's a lovely colour, not like anything else I have. I think MUA is only sold in Superdrug but I'm not 100% sure.

Does anyone know where I might get this in Dublin? I've seen club used in youtube tutorials and I'm a little bit in love with it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Ah crap! I just ordered some E.L.F stuff the other day but didn't think about looking for the discount code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

Does anyone know where I might get this in Dublin? I've seen club used in youtube tutorials and I'm a little bit in love with it :o

tallaght is the only superdrug in dublin i think. the MUA lipsticks are so nice and creamy cant go wrong for 1.20 . gossmakeupartist has a vid on youtube about them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The STUDIOSAVE code isn't working anymore for the E.L.F site.

Has anyone got another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Not directly related to the thread, but I'm the same! If you're ever in London, the Mac Pro store sells NC10 and 5, apparently :)
    Some at the Mac counter in BTs told me that.

I like Bobbi Brown skin, the two palest colours are great and not as heavy as Mac :) Thank you though, will check it out when I'm in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Redpunto

tanya2007 wrote: »
    tallaght is the only superdrug in dublin i think. the MUA lipsticks are so nice and creamy cant go wrong for 1.20 . gossmakeupartist has a vid on youtube about them .

Theres a Superdrug in Omni in Santry if thats any use :)

The STUDIOSAVE code isn't working anymore for the E.L.F site.

Has anyone got another one?

they only vaild for 24hrs or 48 hrs . they will have free shipping at 116,000 likes, watch the facebook fan page for the code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Damn you all! I have so much stuff sitting in my elf basket! Gonna get one of those O2 prepay cards so I don't have to pester my dad :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

OH MY GOD.. just checked out E.L.F. and the prices!

Are these cosmetics good?? I've a basketful of cosmetics at the mo, but with them prices, why wait! I'd specifically like to know about brush sets!

tatabubbly wrote: »
    OH MY GOD.. just checked out E.L.F. and the prices!

Are these cosmetics good?? I've a basketful of cosmetics at the mo, but with them prices, why wait! I'd specifically like to know about brush sets!

dono about the brush set but i really like the powder brush from the studio range , the eyeshadow & blending brush from 1.50 range .

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cicicooly

wow! I loves makeup a lot, This is sound great.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Thinspired

They're back on debenhams' website. E32.50 including delivery, yay! I was JUST about to give up and pay fifty-something quid on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks Thinspired!
    Just got mine there. And free primer too, woohoo!

I have a few items to add to this thread at the weekend. I've bought a few Elf things because of here as well. Because I'm living in the US, the most expensive thing there is $3. Even if it's awful I can't complain.
    Reviews to come.

Edit: Turns out my order wasn't fulfilled. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cicicooly

I will go to get on my self.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Anyone got a link to the Naked eye palette on Debenhams website please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

It's already gone from what I can tell. Aer Lingus are still selling them on flights though as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cw2012

HI I just purchased a bobbi brown shimmer brick in copper diamond (looks cool):cool: from http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fifi-cosmetics/187438807945538. It was great value. Paid €30. Looks like a new company just starting. Limited products and their website doesn't work yet. I emailed them and they said they would post it out to me when it arrives in from the US and would take payment details only when they get the goods themselves. They are irish also which hopefully means postage wont take long when it comes in.
    http://http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fifi-cosmetics/187438807945538

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought the naked palette in debenhams Henry st about an hour ago! Going to play around with it this evening and post a proper review later :)

Advertisement