Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children on Landing ! WTF !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Update ...

still pondering (on whether to get camera out or a rat trap)
    To answer your questions in one post, kids are 6 and 5, but any time I have heard the sounds I''d jump out of the bed and run to landing, the kids would be fast alseep, there would be no chance they would have gotten into bed some of the times, so I can safely say that it aint the kids making the sounds.

I have scoured the attic for rat droppings in the meantime, (you have me more paranoid about the rat now rather than a spirit) !
    Cant find anything that looks like a rat dropping.
    I have even placed a pile of storm up in the attic in a container and this hasnt been touched for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Get the PIGs around to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

any update on this yet .sounds interesting but i would record the area on camcorder. and put out a trap aswell that way you will either get some strange noises or a video of a mouse being caught in the trap.let us know how it goes

Digicam running from 12 - 5 am for last 2 nites now
    nothing to report !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭Milly33

Have ye heard any noises the nights the cameras were set up...

• Advertisement

alibabba wrote: »
    Digicam running from 12 - 5 am for last 2 nites now
    nothing to report !

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭stepdoyle

should get one of those cheap sensor lights that go off when theres motion. will light up the video for you

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

bump

Did you hear that? :eek:

bump

I knew after posting that I would get something back like that..Sorry I was just asking

Milly33 wrote: »
    I knew after posting that I would get something back like that..Sorry I was just asking

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Ghosts afraid of digicams perhaps :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

keep recording away persistence is the key to this sort of thing the night you stop recording will be the night you hear the noises

Ah I know what you are waiting for, grand sure look why dont we all come over some weekend and we will watch the landing for you and see if there is an pisog (I cant rem how to spell it) there for you

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

So nothing since the cameras been produced?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Traze

I think everyone so far has given you very good advice, It will be of course totally up to you if you want to go on that advice, But for peace of mind as other have said i would let a camera run, with talc on the carpet for proof of someone running.
    I do hope what ever you decide to do that you can get some peace of mind from everyones support .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

a camera or talc will not pick up anything if we are talking about an entity here,

there not in solid form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

fintonie wrote: »
    a camera or talc will not pick up anything if we are talking about an entity here,

there not in solid form

Was wondering about that myself.

Surely ghosts don't leave footprints.

Traze wrote: »
    I think everyone so far has given you very good advice, It will be of course totally up to you if you want to go on that advice, But for peace of mind as other have said i would let a camera run, with talc on the carpet for proof of someone running.
    I do hope what ever you decide to do that you can get some peace of mind from everyones support .

As already stated previously, i have a camera rolling, but not much happening at moment
    im not going to bother with powder on the floor

the best way to see if anything is happening is looking for temperature fluctuations,

or if you check for energy surges this will give you a better idea if something out of the ordinary is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

paranormal activiteh, watch it. It will calm you.
    :pac:
    Couldn't sleep for weeks

• Advertisement

the best way to see if anything is happening is looking for temperature fluctuations,

or if you check for energy surges this will give you a better idea if something out of the ordinary is happening.

Interesting you mention "energy surge"

i am constantly changing bulbs in the 3 sets of lights in this hall / landing,
    they are constantly blowing on me. i even opened all the light fittings and wall witches and tightened all the connections but im still feeding these lights with new bulbs !

Interesting you mention "energy surge"

i am constantly changing bulbs in the 3 sets of lights in this hall / landing,
    they are constantly blowing on me. i even opened all the light fittings and wall witches and tightened all the connections but im still feeding these lights with new bulbs !

1 way to check the bulbs out so as to try and eliminate a problem with the electricity supply, is to put different wattage bulbs from 30 to 100/150

I know this may give excessive light but if they all blow well then there is a good chance of unnatural activity.

1 way to check the bulbs out so as to try and eliminate a problem with the electricity supply, is to put different wattage bulbs from 30 to 100/150

I know this may give excessive light but if they all blow well then there is a good chance of unnatural activity.

i have 40 W bulbs in the fittings as per spec, i can go to 60W and see how it goes

i have 40 W bulbs in the fittings as per spec, i can go to 60W and see how it goes

yes but have different wattage bulbs at the same time,

the bigger the watt the more of a surge it takes to blow them, so if the low watt bulbs blow and the others dont it may be a problem with the wiring or switch board,

do any of the trip switches trip when they blow.

yes but have different wattage bulbs at the same time,

the bigger the watt the more of a surge it takes to blow them, so if the low watt bulbs blow and the others dont it may be a problem with the wiring or switch board,

do any of the trip switches trip when they blow.

no trip switch been popped

If light-bulbs are exploding and electronic devices are switching on and off, what’s happening?
    Firstly, have you checked your power grid? Sometimes, as odd is it sounds, you might just have an energy surge. However… if this keeps happening and you know your house is wired correctly and there is no electrical storm at the time, then it could be a number of things.

The first and most common thing is that you or someone in your family/ place of this activity is having a psychic awakening. A psychic awakening is simply a “psychic puberty”. Here, instead of hormones, the psychic abilities are out of control, trying to assume some balance and the person themselves may feel unusual, having nightmares, experiencing things they don’t understand. Psychic puberty often happens at the same time as physical puberty, but it can be later or earlier depending on the person. Psychic puberty needs to recognized and controlled – unlike physical puberty, psychic puberty doesn’t calm down without some guidance,

but i think we need to answer the question fully, because there are other reasons for strange activity.

The second possibility is that you have an entity disturbing the energy. This entity may be a young entity (i.e. a child who died). As with above, this child may be affecting technological and electrical appliances because they themselves don’t understand what is happening. They might not realise they’re dead, or just have so much emotion, they can’t control it and thus things move and explode.

The final possibility is that you have a poltergeist, but remember, poltergeists are not a special kind of entity, just an entity that has so much emotion that it cannot control it. Like the second possibility, this entity is probably confused or frustrated about their situation, but often are not child spirits. Poltergeist energies are predominantly angry, filled with rage or carrying sadness they cannot fully express. Poltergeist energies tend to be reluctant to leave the place of haunting and need special treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I think this is more than likely rodents of some description...

Bit of a sceptic myself. Seems like whatever it is, isn't harming you... but that's how it started out in Paranormal Activity............:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

If light-bulbs are exploding and electronic devices are switching on and off, what’s happening?
    Firstly, have you checked your power grid? Sometimes, as odd is it sounds, you might just have an energy surge. However… if this keeps happening and you know your house is wired correctly and there is no electrical storm at the time, then it could be a number of things.

The first and most common thing is that you or someone in your family/ place of this activity is having a psychic awakening. A psychic awakening is simply a “psychic puberty”. Here, instead of hormones, the psychic abilities are out of control, trying to assume some balance and the person themselves may feel unusual, having nightmares, experiencing things they don’t understand. Psychic puberty often happens at the same time as physical puberty, but it can be later or earlier depending on the person. Psychic puberty needs to recognized and controlled – unlike physical puberty, psychic puberty doesn’t calm down without some guidance,

but i think we need to answer the question fully, because there are other reasons for strange activity.

The second possibility is that you have an entity disturbing the energy. This entity may be a young entity (i.e. a child who died). As with above, this child may be affecting technological and electrical appliances because they themselves don’t understand what is happening. They might not realise they’re dead, or just have so much emotion, they can’t control it and thus things move and explode.

The final possibility is that you have a poltergeist, but remember, poltergeists are not a special kind of entity, just an entity that has so much emotion that it cannot control it. Like the second possibility, this entity is probably confused or frustrated about their situation, but often are not child spirits. Poltergeist energies are predominantly angry, filled with rage or carrying sadness they cannot fully express. Poltergeist energies tend to be reluctant to leave the place of haunting and need special treatment.

Not trying to cause trouble but what evidence have you to support any of this as real?

rafared wrote: »
    Not trying to cause trouble but what evidence have you to support any of this as real?

there is no real solid proof, it is kinda like religion we depend on faith a lot of the time,

but there is the phenomenon which I am sure you yourself would of come cross,

walking into a room after 2 people had a row and you can feel the bad vibe, this is a form of energy it can not be explained but you know there was a row,

when you are in a room on your own and somebody walks in you don't hear them but all of a sudden you feel that someone is behind you, so you look around to see them standing there, again this is another form of energy which can not be explained,

but because these simple forms of energy happen to us it is a lot easier to believe these things do happen to some people,

this does not answer your question but might give you something to look at which will allow you to have an open mind to the possibility of formed energy or an entity.

• Advertisement

Xcellor wrote: »
    I think this is more than likely rodents of some description...

Bit of a sceptic myself. Seems like whatever it is, isn't harming you... but that's how it started out in Paranormal Activity............:eek:

I have a tray of storm left down in the attic for over a week now and not a snip has been taken yet.

Advertisement