Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive/Planned parenthood/Assisted Reproduction Chat thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Thanks girls it still not sunk in yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Hollywood130

I bet it hasn't I can't imagine what it would feel like to get a positive after trying for so long, enjoy every minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Ah, massive congrats Bobski!! Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Couldn't be happier for you Bobski :D

Ah thanks everyone . I know what it's like to come on here and see other people getting their bfp and whilst being happy still being a little sad inside for yourself.xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Big congrats bobskii, I am delighted to see you get your BFP after all this time. Can I ask if this was your first IVF?

Thanks nemo32 .yes it was my first go at ivf that's why I was so surprised it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

OMG I have been thinking of you all week, dreams do come true! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Massive congratulations to you and your partner xxx x

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭llambert

Oh my God!!!! Congratulations bobskii. I just saw your post and I've a massive smile on my face :-)
    I hope you have a very easy pregnancy after these 6 hard years. Delighted to see another positive from this forum.
    Enjoy every single minute x x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

bobskii wrote: »
    Ah thanks everyone . I know what it's like to come on here and see other people getting their bfp and whilst being happy still being a little sad inside for yourself.xxx

Seeing you get there first time is giving me hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

bobskii wrote: »
    Tomorrow is my day for testing..I've already got bfp .I still cannot believe it after nearly 6 years trying .

Delighted for ya Bobskii !!! I just read this and have teared up...bloody pregnancy hormones! Enjoy them and all the rest of it :D

I can imagine the excitement with your hubby now and with your DS when ye decide to tell him.... enjoy and savour every minute!
    You were always good to lighten the tone and with your down-to-earth attitude on here, this is so well deserved after a long wait x

Ah thanks everyone . we've told our families cos we didn't want them worryin any longer . Told my young lad first,needless to say he was delighted( I was afraid he would be put out)!!

Booked in for my scan in 3 weeks to make sure everything is ok . fingers crossed it is.
    I'm glad I've given hope to others . you always have to have hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Huge congrats bobskii :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Congrats Bobskii. Keeping on the positive note I too got my long awaited BFP yesterday!! Still in shock & two tests later, it's definitely a positive. In shock but very, very happy. We were nearly 2 years trying.
    Now on to a different kind of wait & worry!........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations!! Loving all the good news xx

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Congratulations Roustabout! You must be bursting with happiness! Thrilled for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Some serious baby dust flying around this thread lately, let's hope it lands on a few more heads, congrats to all the new namas to be x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Roustabout wrote: »
    Congrats Bobskii. Keeping on the positive note I too got my long awaited BFP yesterday!! Still in shock & two tests later, it's definitely a positive. In shock but very, very happy. We were nearly 2 years trying.

Congratulations Roustabout :):)
    So that's a BFP on 1st go at IVF and a BFP on 2nd go at IUI on this thread - good week on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

We're on a roll... Big Congrats Roustabout, you must be over the moon.. Hope you have H&H 9 mths ahead xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lucuma wrote: »
    Congratulations Roustabout :):)
    So that's a BFP on 1st go at IVF and a BFP on 2nd go at IUI on this thread - good week on here!

That's actually incredible success in a small sample of people. Congrats Roustabout.

I think I'm on cd27...trying to be laid back about it all, failing desperately though...:o

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Roustabout wrote: »

Delighted for ya!!

I'm out this month but rooting for a few more of ye to graduate the thread!

Those all too familiar pains appeared this afternoon. Reckon I'm out too. And on to next month....

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Thanks so much for all the good wishes. It's so nice to be able to tell people, even though I won't be telling anybody I know for a while yet!

Congrats roustabout!That's great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

Congratulations Rustabout! That's absolutely Great new's after 2 yrs trying! I can't imagine how excited your feeling now, soo exciting!! H & H Pregnancy!:)) Keep us in touch with your progress.

Best wishes,
    Skylar X

PS: I'm 10 dpo now and due AF on the 5th of May, so almost 5 days left! There soo many bfp going around this thread I have everything X'd lol!:)

Lot's and Lot's Of Baby Dust To Everyone On Here TTC!:) X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Big spot emerging between my eyebrows heralds the arrival of AF, she's due to land at the weekend :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skylarr

An no Ms2011, hopefully not!! Don't count yourself out until AF arrives!:) You know skin probs are very common in pregnancy too.

If AF does arrive this weekend have you anything different planned for next cycle??

Best Wishes
    Skylar:) X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Congratulations on all the excellent BFPs! So lovely to see all the Christmas babies on the way! :)

I'm hoping to be back in the saddle soon. Just had a loss at 7 weeks. Feeling very sad and lost but hopefully will get better and I am glad it didn't happen later in my pregnancy.

I see it's largely recommended to wait for at least one regular period after m/c before trying again. Is that for dating purposes or is it medically better does anyone know?

Congratulations on all the excellent BFPs! So lovely to see all the Christmas babies on the way! :)

I'm hoping to be back in the saddle soon. Just had a loss at 7 weeks. Feeling very sad and lost but hopefully will get better and I am glad it didn't happen later in my pregnancy.

I see it's largely recommended to wait for at least one regular period after m/c before trying again. Is that for dating purposes or is it medically better does anyone know?

I'm really sorry to hear that sittingpretty. I think it's a terrible experience for any woman. I remember my sister, who miscarried at 4 months, being told by her consultant that a good rule of thumb is to allow your body the same amount of time to heal as the time which it carried the previous miscarried baby. ie. in your case, wait 7 weeks. I don't know if that was scientific or was just his recommendation to allow for physical and mental healing but I always thought it seemed very reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

yellow hen wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that sittingpretty. I think it's a terrible experience for any woman. I remember my sister, who miscarried at 4 months, being told by her consultant that a good rule of thumb is to allow your body the same amount of time to heal as the time which it carried the previous miscarried baby. ie. in your case, wait 7 weeks. I don't know if that was scientific or was just his recommendation to allow for physical and mental healing but I always thought it seemed very reasonable.

Thanks Yellow Hen. I've to go back today for repeat bloods to see HCG levels are decreasing.

They keep asking am I sure my dates aren't out which makes it very hard because I know in my heart and soul my dates are right and my baby is gone.

I will ask the Dr today what they say is best.

Thanks for your help :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement