Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Abercrombie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Good to know, really enjoyed The First Law books!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Think I'll give The Blade Itself a go soon. Is Abercrombie worth a read.?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The first trilogy is one of the best bits of fantasy I ever read, the ones that came after didnt grab me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭nerd69

Glebee wrote: »
    Think I'll give The Blade Itself a go soon. Is Abercrombie worth a read.?

that trilogy is a must read the rest is up to yourself really

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Read the first two books in that Blade Itself series. At least I think I finished the second one, definitely read all the first. It was.... grand. Nothing particularly outstanding about it, just your typical old fantasy yarn. Thinking back I'm fairly sure I gave up on it somewhere during the second book.

Nothing special IMO, bit bland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

keane2097 wrote: »
    Read the first two books in that Blade Itself series. At least I think I finished the second one, definitely read all the first. It was.... grand. Nothing particularly outstanding about it, just your typical old fantasy yarn. Thinking back I'm fairly sure I gave up on it somewhere during the second book.

Nothing special IMO, bit bland.

You may like it or not thats subjective but to call it bland is a bit curious?
    It definetely isnt bland and definetely isnt your typical fantasy yarn.

One of the main heroes is a cripple who mercilessly tortures people.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭p38

Is the Bloodynine back in the new book. Hope Abercrombie decides to bring him back in the future.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

p38 wrote: »
    Is the Bloodynine back in the new book. Hope Abercrombie decides to bring him back in the future.
    The very latest is 'Half a King' and it's nothing to do with the world of his other books. Brand new. He won't be returning to that world until he's completed that 'Half' trilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Heffoman wrote: »
    You may like it or not thats subjective but to call it bland is a bit curious?
    It definetely isnt bland and definetely isnt your typical fantasy yarn.

One of the main heroes is a cripple who mercilessly tortures people.

Yeah he was a pretty decent character. The rest were pretty meh, the warrior savage, the uppity lordling, the meek apprentice with hidden depths, and my favourite, the bitch!

My overriding memory of the first book is that nothing really happens in it.

Advertisement