Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Updated look for the site (part2)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Hi guys - have you looked at this problem moderators are having?

Swap skins when you are on your phone. The new skin isn't made for phones :)

As to DeBurca's problem, I'm still looking in to it as it's proving hard to reproduce. Once again, a skin change will solve the issue until we have more updates.

Danny

As to DeBurca's problem, I'm still looking in to it as it's proving hard to reproduce. Once again, a skin change will solve the issue until we have more updates.

This issue should be resolved now - the inline moderation dropdown should be fully functioning on all browsers.

Danny

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

When you select the option to view a thread's printable version, and click the boards.ie logo, it takes you to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/, whereas when you click the boards logo in the Sticky Header it takes you to www.boards.ie. Would be nice if clicking on the logo had a consistent function IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Oh this one's come up a few times :) You can find the response here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any possibility of getting the number increased for subscribers? That list is basically how I browse around Boards and having the click to view more link just annoyed the crap out of me so I had to unsubscribe from about 11 forums.

JohnK wrote: »
    Any possibility of getting the number increased for subscribers? That list is basically how I browse around Boards and having the click to view more link just annoyed the crap out of me so I had to unsubscribe from about 11 forums.

I'm afraid not, no. The limit is set at 45

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

JohnK wrote: »

Double Post.
    See Dannys answer above.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Not sure whether this is skin-related or not, but its never happened to me before so I'll raise it here.

Over the past two or three nights, occasionally when I try to quote a post by clicking the Quote button, the editor does not add the closing [/QUOTE] tag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Overall i like the look but i dont like the menu navigation at the top.

I like the current one where you can just hover over with the mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I gave the New Beta another try since the tweaks were made (Cozy mode option, brightness reduced) etc.

I have to say it has grown on me a lot. The omnisearch works very well and there are a lot of useful features. Nice work.

Skid wrote: »
    I gave the New Beta another try since the tweaks were made (Cozy mode option, brightness reduced) etc.

I have to say it has grown on me a lot. The omnisearch works very well and there are a lot of useful features. Nice work.

Wait until you see the Dark Theme! There'll be a sneak peek put up shortly.
    It's in the backlog for development, so won't be too long now! :-)

Here's the link to the feedback thread with the sneak peek of the dark theme:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056731607

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Not sure whether this is skin-related or not, but its never happened to me before so I'll raise it here.

Over the past two or three nights, occasionally when I try to quote a post by clicking the Quote button, the editor does not add the closing tag.

I don't think there's anything we've done with the new skin that could cause this and I haven't seen it happen myself. I'll keep an eye out for it though and please let us know if it continues to happen or if you notice a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,764 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe someone has raised this before - I did a search in the thread but can't find it though.

In the new skin when you are writing a post this button to insert/embed an image is missing

insertimage.gif

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Maybe someone has raised this before - I did a search in the thread but can't find it though.

In the new skin when you are writing a post this button to insert/embed an image is missing

insertimage.gif

Hmmm... I can see that in all reply / start new thread boxes!

Have a look at the first post and let us know the details of your machine so we can look into this further.

Thanks.

Hmmm... I can see that in all reply / start new thread boxes!

Have a look at the first post and let us know the details of your machine so we can look into this further.

Thanks.

I just looked back and it's there - bizarre as I definitely couldn't find it last night or this morning:o

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I just looked back and it's there - bizarre as I definitely couldn't find it last night or this morning:o

You weren't posting in After Hours where you, images are disabled there (For some unknown reason):p

Also i know its been mentioned before but has any more work going into testing the skin on a tablet. The website is very difficult to navigate in portrait mode on my iPad but acts fine in landscape ??

Kenno90 wrote: »
    You weren't posting in After Hours where you, images are disabled there (For some unknown reason):p

I get it now

:pac::o

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I get it now

:pac::o

Got me once or twice too :)

When you share a link, and preview the post the link appears without a line underneath (similar to how it was when the skin was first launched before people asked for the line back).

Should be a relatively easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sorry if it's been asked and answered - did a search but couldn't find anything.

Is the New Posts link gone, or is it on some dropdown now?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Esel wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked and answered - did a search but couldn't find anything.

Is the New Posts link gone, or is it on some dropdown now?
    This?

Top left of page-->Boards.ie-->dropdown-->New posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Not sure if you have started looking at iPad coding yet, and apologies if this has been raised before.

Sticky header seems ok when I am logged out, but when I am logged in the stickiness is no longer there.

Thanks

Not sure if you have started looking at iPad coding yet, and apologies if this has been raised before.

Sticky header seems ok when I am logged out, but when I am logged in the stickiness is no longer there.

Thanks

We've not looked at it yet, iOS6 is around the corner and promises to take at least some of the complete guesswork out of why iPhone/iPad performance is so poor. I'm sure it'll be looked at as soon as we get free time ( you know any good coders? */shameless plug*)

Danny

Still getting a flash of the Default theme before the Dark theme loads.

Not your ornery onager

It'll keep happening, we're not working on the resolution for that issue currently, the solution will require some more time :o

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Open everything in new tabs and you'll never see it.

• Advertisement

Open everything in new tabs and you'll never see it.
    I think I'd prefer to live with the quirk than do that - unless I'm missing the obvious here?

For instance, the Default theme will momentarily appear when I click Submit Reply on this post.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement