Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open office Calc

• 10-07-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. I am building a budget Calc sheet at the moment for home. I have a daily expense list which I input totals from the day.

Now I have recurring items i.e Cigs and coffee which I always buy the same brand and pay the same amount. I have all my recurring items on a sheet in the file and was wondering if there was a way to type say just Cigs and the price for it will show up in the total column?

Any help will be appreciated as at the moment I have to click on the sheet to add the amount.

Hope fully I aint confused you all.

Matthew

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Something like that?

(It's zipped because boards.ie uploader doesn't like ods files :mad:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Another option is
    =VLOOKUP(A5,G6:H8,2,0)
    In the B cells of PrzemoF's example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

openoffice is well dead,

for a better supported office suite, should use LibreOffice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Open Office is now in the hands of the Apache Foundation so is hardly dead .....

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

Open Office is now in the hands of the Apache Foundation so is hardly dead .....

Well yes and no. Look at it this way. Majority of the developers of OpenOffice left during the fork in 2010 to LibreOffice. And ever since then OpenOffice has made very little progress and was nearly killed off but apache saved it. In those 2 years though, Libre has released roughly 3 or 4 updates and enhancements improving the program. I find Libre to be alot faster and more lightweight then OpenOffice because of this. Libre and Open are twins. Whatever name you want to call it has the same appearance. Just one is now faster and has grown up more then the other.

But I do hope to see Apache do something good with OpenOffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Ste_JDM wrote: »
    Well yes and no. Look at it this way. Majority of the developers of OpenOffice left during the fork in 2010 to LibreOffice. And ever since then OpenOffice has made very little progress and was nearly killed off but apache saved it. In those 2 years though, Libre has released roughly 3 or 4 updates and enhancements improving the program. I find Libre to be alot faster and more lightweight then OpenOffice because of this. Libre and Open are twins. Whatever name you want to call it has the same appearance. Just one is now faster and has grown up more then the other.

But I do hope to see Apache do something good with OpenOffice.

There was some talk of a merge ..... no idea how that could be done or if it would be workable ....

Either way the comment "openoffice is well dead" is not accurate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ste_JDM

We will have to see what Apache does with it. Alittle competition between them wont do any harm

Advertisement