Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buffalo & Doozerie - The mild musings of two grumpy old men!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

Meant to post this one sooner, but a busy weekend prevailed.

Leaving work last Friday, coming down Lombard Street to the Townsend St junction. A fairly standard crossroads, there's a left-turn lane, and two straight ahead lanes (it's one-way). I'm filtering between the left-turn and the straight ahead, and arrive at the lights just as the straight ahead arrow turns green. For the left-turning traffic, it's still red, as the pedestrian crossing on that side gets the green man.

Not that the man in charge of the SUV in the left-turn lane noticed. He was so busy with his phone, that he failed to notice he still had a red, and just pulled off as soon as the traffic beside him started to move. I was right beside his window, so I called out to warn him, "it's a red light!" (I may have also called him an eejit.)

This had the opposite effect to the desired one, as he was now distracted by me shouting, and turned to look towards me, while still driving in the other direction through a pedestrian crossing, which people were using. "Good man!", he said to me, which I'm still not sure how to take.

Anyway, he managed not to run anyone over, we both continued on our respective ways, and I learned... well... people can be ****. Nothing new really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Ryath

CramCycle wrote: »
    I keep bringing up cargo bikes and the like but she is having none of it, what age can you get them on a balance bike?

Got my youngest daughter this balance bike for her 2nd birthday. She was flying around with it with in a month she's 4.5 now and goes as fast as I can run 5k pace at. She has no fear and can turn at speed and bombs down small hills in the park. She can use her older sisters 14" wheel bike but can't get the hang of pedalling yet. She's very tall for her age so nearly to big for the balance bike so hopefully will get the hang of it soon.

I'm very proud of her 6 year old big sister. She's had the 14" bike since 3 took a while to get the hang of pedalling as she's very nervous. She was getting to big for it but had said she could only get a new bike when she started cycling properly. Could never really get her to use the balance bike either. She asked me to take of the stabilizers just over a month ago so I took the pedals of as well. She got a bit better at gliding along but couldn't get the hang of steering. She asked me to put the pedals back on last week and she spent the weekend scooting around and getting me to run beside her. She could peddle down the slight slope on the drive way stop turn the bike and get going back up with a push. Was trying to get her to make the turn but she couldn't get the hang of it. She also started using her sisters balance bike properly.

Went to local park on Monday and she just took of rode over 10 laps of over 500metres. Bit iffy on corners sometimes but she had cracked it. So nothing for it but to head to bike shop and get her the promised bike. Had decided on Frog bikes A few more shops were listed as stockists recently closer to me. Rang Race Right Cycles in Portlaoise he had just got them in and had the 52 and 55 in stock I wanted to try for size. Drove over and she tried out the 52. She was actually just about big enough for it. Owner was very good moved the saddle forward as she was bit stretched out and let her spend a good bit of time trying it out side. First few go's weren't great but she's always nervous trying something new. Was soon powering along under own steam. Was going to get the spotty one ordered in but she liked the red and didn't want to wait.

Will have to bring her to the Roche GP next year:)

Very pleased with the bike 8.8kg as billed. €290 Quality is very good it's definitely a step up from even some of the brand name kids bike's like giant or cube that are similarly priced and is 1-2kg lighter. Definitely worth the extra money over most of the BSO's. I looked at one's for €200 that weighed 13kg+ with cheap brakes and parts. Nearly every bit on the frog is branded kit. Brakes are light and easy to use even my daughter can use them with two fingers.

rmqruc.jpg
    2cyo5qo.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Twice in the last month I have seen it and am confused. I have seen brake less fixed gears for years, not my cuppa tea but the new one is just insane. Brakeless single speed. Guy rolls across the Donnybrook road just outside the burlington. No brakes, free wheeling, desperately waving at traffic to slow/stop as he wobbled through traffic. Seen a similar awhile ago with a guy coming into Ranelagh, there is a light controlled staggered junction on the way in from the UCD side. A driver luckily braked just in time as he shouted abuse at the driver, while he ran the red, freewheeling, brake less. I feel Darwin may have been mistaken with his natural selection idea for these two to have reached adulthood. Hopefully there awful hipster fashion prevents them from procreating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Hopefully their awful hipster fashion prevents them from procreating.

Isn't that what the tight ladies pants are for? Auto-spermazoatal extinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

We are on a family holiday at the moment and we were not sure that we’d have coverage of the Tour where we are staying. Turns out there is a satellite receiver which has ITV4 - yayyy! But the second night we tried to use it it lost all channels and didn’t recover them - booo!

Contacted house owner and he had a TV guy drop out next day (this morning), who replaced the satellite dish which had apparently rusted through. So we have ITV4 back again - yayyyy!

…but ITV4 commentary is by Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKK!

Based on past (painful) experience of their commentary I expect several days of:

Phil: “Drivel and waffle, Paul”.
    Paul: “I’ll repeat your drivel and waffle Phil, and add some of my own”
    Phil: “Yours repeated back again, plus some inane observations of my own, Paul”
    Paul: “Your inane observations word for word Phil, plus some terribly old cliches”
    Phil: “Your cliches Paul, plus some more of my own, as we dig into the hurt locker, etc.”
    Paul: “Ha ha Phil, I’ll see your hurt locker and I’ll raise you a pain cave, and further inanities”
    Phil: “Ha ha Paul, more cliches, yet more inanities”
    …etc…

Me: “ShuddupshuddupSHUDDUPPP!”

I may need a holiday to recuperate from my holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Blah blah Black Sheep brewery....
    doozerie wrote: »
    …but ITV4 commentary is by Phil Ligget and Paul Sherwen. FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKK!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

We are on a family holiday at the moment and we were not sure that we’d have coverage of the Tour where we are staying. Turns out there is a satellite receiver which has ITV4 - yayyy! But the second night we tried to use it it lost all channels and didn’t recover them - booo!

Contacted house owner and he had a TV guy drop out next day (this morning), who replaced the satellite dish which had apparently rusted through. So we have ITV4 back again - yayyyy!

Based on past (painful) experience of their commentary I expect several days of:

Phil: “Drivel and waffle, Paul”.
    Paul: “I’ll repeat your drivel and waffle Phil, and add some of my own”
    Phil: “Yours repeated back again, plus some inane observations of my own, Paul”
    Paul: “Your inane observations word for word Phil, plus some terribly old cliches”
    Phil: “Your cliches Paul, plus some more of my own, as we dig into the hurt locker, etc.”
    Paul: “Ha ha Phil, I’ll see your hurt locker and I’ll raise you a pain cave, and further inanities”
    Phil: “Ha ha Paul, more cliches, yet more inanities”
    …etc…

Me: “ShuddupshuddupSHUDDUPPP!”

I may need a holiday to recuperate from my holiday.

"Mute" button? I'm listening to it en Francais so can't comment on the quality of the commentating but getting a real authentic feel!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Seen the stupidest bit of cycling for a long time tho evening.
    I was cycling by the Tara Towers hotel, towards Dun Laoghaire, and I see an older chap on a hybrid up in front of me. There was a bit of traffic, the two lanes to my right were full and there was a filter lane to Trimelston Avenue. Hybrid man, (Green jacket, grey hair, skull cap style helmet, headphones, panniers, grey hybrid) decided to take the stoping traffic to stop abruptly in front of me, and walk/carry his bike out in front of the two lanes of stopped traffic to the filter lane. He neglected to look into the filter lane however, and just parked his bike up straight to get on and pedal off. A red car was heading up behind him and had to come to a skidding emergency stop, bumping his back wheel. Hybrid man looked oblivious, and fiddled with his pedals as the red car driver beeped and looked quite shook. I couldn't believe someone could be so stupid as to put themselves and their bike directly into a moving car. Darwin award front runner me thinks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

gadetra wrote: »
    Seen the stupidest bit of cycling for a long time tho evening.
    I was cycling by the Tara Towers hotel, towards Dun Laoghaire, and I see an older chap on a hybrid up in front of me. There was a bit of traffic, the two lanes to my right were full and there was a filter lane to Trimelston Avenue. Hybrid man, (Green jacket, grey hair, skull cap style helmet, headphones, panniers, grey hybrid) decided to take the stoping traffic to stop abruptly in front of me, and walk/carry his bike out in front of the two lanes of stopped traffic to the filter lane. He neglected to look into the filter lane however, and just parked his bike up straight to get on and pedal off. A red car was heading up behind him and had to come to a skidding emergency stop, bumping his back wheel. Hybrid man looked oblivious, and fiddled with his pedals as the red car driver beeped and looked quite shook. I couldn't believe someone could be so stupid as to put themselves and their bike directly into a moving car. Darwin award front runner me thinks. :rolleyes:
    I can almost cetainly guarantee that the numpty you speak off, went home and told family that "some dopey motorist tried to knock me down on the way home tonite"
    Spanner!

What a lovely cycle home, i managed to make it between showers, even a bit of sunshine on the way.

I came through UCD, round by the hockey pitches for those who know it. There is a turn that is odd in that it is 90 degrees but it loops out a little so you have to do a greater than 90degree turn to make it in a car. Most people slow here, as is the right thing to do.

As I come round the corner a white 141 Beemer had parked on the corner but around it, sort of, on the double yellow line, in a cars blind spot behind the bushes until you are at the bumper. I slowed and when safe pulled out to go past. The window was down, and in my best "roll eyes" voice I said, "don't park on the corners FFS", quiet so it wasn't abusive but loud enough to be heard. She roared back to F off and she was only stopping. I let a roar back "Its illegal and f'in stupid to park on a f'in corner you moron". My subtleties were gone. She then tore after me, wound down her passenger window and as we approached the little round about she pulled alongside to give me an earful about "being condescending to women" and an "a$$hole". I slammed on the brakes and veered wide (she was going to hit me trying to remain alongside me on the roundabout), so she could then mount the roundabout in an effort to keep me beside her window.

I then clearly, in my old school, bar man clearing a bar, booming voice. "I DIDN'T GIVE OUT TO YOU FOR BEING A WOMAN, I GAVE OUT TO YOU FOR BEING A GOD DAMN AWFULLY STUPID F'IN DRIVER" she then told me I was a pr!ck, to which I smiled and cycled on and around, she tailed me for about 30 seconds before pulling into a car park, I waved and smiled as I tootlde up the road. I really wanted to carry on the conversation but then realised it would be a fools errand as I would have been seen to be following her, and what with my condescending attitude, who knows what she would have claimed.

I feel stupid as I didn't actually give out to her for being stupid, I informed her she was stupid as a service since she may not have realised. I look quite the fool now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

What a lovely cycle home, i managed to make it between showers, even a bit of sunshine on the way.

I came through UCD, round by the hockey pitches for those who know it. There is a turn that is odd in that it is 90 degrees but it loops out a little so you have to do a greater than 90degree turn to make it in a car. Most people slow here, as is the right thing to do.

As I come round the corner a white 141 Beemer had parked on the corner but around it, sort of, on the double yellow line, in a cars blind spot behind the bushes until you are at the bumper. I slowed and when safe pulled out to go past. The window was down, and in my best "roll eyes" voice I said, "don't park on the corners FFS", quiet so it wasn't abusive but loud enough to be heard. She roared back to F off and she was only stopping. I let a roar back "Its illegal and f'in stupid to park on a f'in corner you moron". My subtleties were gone. She then tore after me, wound down her passenger window and as we approached the little round about she pulled alongside to give me an earful about "being condescending to women" and an "a$$hole". I slammed on the brakes and veered wide (she was going to hit me trying to remain alongside me on the roundabout), so she could then mount the roundabout in an effort to keep me beside her window.

I then clearly, in my old school, bar man clearing a bar, booming voice. "I DIDN'T GIVE OUT TO YOU FOR BEING A WOMAN, I GAVE OUT TO YOU FOR BEING A GOD DAMN AWFULLY STUPID F'IN DRIVER" she then told me I was a pr!ck, to which I smiled and cycled on and around, she tailed me for about 30 seconds before pulling into a car park, I waved and smiled as I tootlde up the road. I really wanted to carry on the conversation but then realised it would be a fools errand as I would have been seen to be following her, and what with my condescending attitude, who knows what she would have claimed.

I feel stupid as I didn't actually give out to her for being stupid, I informed her she was stupid as a service since she may not have realised. I look quite the fool now.

Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

Had my first clipless incident almost since I started wearing them over 4 years ago now.

Pedalling up a steep boreen, about 500m from home, and spot a rather large tractor heading my way. There's no way of passing safely, so I pull off the road onto the verge, and let him pass. Friendly waves all round, push off with one foot... this is uphill... get the foot in, get the foot in... weaving... I'm not going to get clipped in, put the foot on the ground!

Get the foot down, but missed the road and instead put it down in the ditch, which is about two feet deep. Cue tumble into a holly bush, and a whack of the knee off the handlebars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

buffalo wrote: »
    Get the foot down, but missed the road and instead put it down in the ditch, which is about two feet deep. Cue tumble into a holly bush, and a whack of the knee off the handlebars.

Did you feel a bit of a prick? :)

(I shouldn't laugh, many years back while riding off-road my front tyre slid off the path and I went arse over tit down the slope. My fall was "helpfully" broken by a gorse bush. I lay there at a silly angle, gorse needles in my arse, back, and arms, with my legs in the air and gravity fighting every effort I made to try to right myself. I called to my friend to help pull me out but he was far too busy digging out his camera and taking photos, a process made all the slower by the fact that he had to stop every now and again to burst his arse laughing, again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭bambergbike

Tractors are the bane of my existence. Every time I put my foot down into the muck on the verge my shoes and pedals pick up another layer of sticky clay and eventually when I suddenly need to unclip I tug with my foot and absolutely nothing happens because my shoes and pedals are glued together, so I frantically start tugging with the other foot instead and end up with a big bruise on my thigh from whacking the crossbar into it as I switch the direction of my lean. Not as memorable as going arse-over-tit into a holly bush (ouch!) or a field of furze (double ouch!) or a barbed-wire fence (triple ouch!), but a bit of an embarassing performance all the same.

Priest's Leap... perhaps a 39x23 wasn't the best choice of easiest gear in the headwind.

Managed to expose myself to some German tourists at the top then. Glasses covered in rain, took a leak against a wire fence, peering into the mist of the field beyond. Those trees look like they could be people... oh, they are people. Well, I've started so I'll finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

Did you feel a bit of a prick? :)

(I shouldn't laugh, many years back while riding off-road my front tyre slid off the path and I went arse over tit down the slope. My fall was "helpfully" broken by a gorse bush. I lay there at a silly angle, gorse needles in my arse, back, and arms, with my legs in the air and gravity fighting every effort I made to try to right myself. I called to my friend to help pull me out but he was far too busy digging out his camera and taking photos, a process made all the slower by the fact that he had to stop every now and again to burst his arse laughing, again.)

Ouch. Brings to mind the time many moons ago when having sort of figured out the "staying upright, moving forward" bit I realised the hard way that I hadn't actually quite figured out the whole "slowing down or stopping when confronted with a steep hill terminated by a bend and a ditch full of nettles" bit. I fortunately didn't have the mate to, errrr.., lend support, but the pride still stung more than the arms :eek:

Bizarre guy on my commute this morning. Shaved head, black beard, headphones covering his ears. Cycling jauntily along on a high nelly, one hand on the handlebars. Thought he was trying to be ueber-casual and cool, until I realised he was dangling a cigarette in his other hand (then I realised he was cool).

I overtake him, stop at a red light for a pedestrian crossing. High nelly pedals on, swerving between a mother and daughter and a woman. The woman gets a leery apology, I guess the mother and child aren't worth it.

The junction with Talbot Street was the climax though. As I arrive, he's engaged in a shouting match (I say match, I didn't hear any shouting from the driver) with a white van man. The van is at the head of the queue at the red light, and evidently was a little close to the kerb in the traffic. Rather than ducking past, seeing as how one should be stopping about two feet later anyway, he's taken the time to berate the driver for this most minor of infractions.

I often give people a 'move over' wave myself if I have to swerve around them, or overtake on the right because they're too close, but this lad took it to another level. When I arrived he was lecturing the driver on the 'good of society' (from the man who just sailed past a child without regret), and by the end he was spewing spittle and roaring at the driver calling him stupid.

When he felt he said his piece, he took off on his bike through another red light, across a flow of car traffic. Four pedestrians waiting to cross the road burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.

Another close pass by a Dublin Bus yesterday, on Dame St while I was on a Dublin Bike. Another 'jebus, this is going to f*cking close' moment. Another email to Dublin Bus. Another load of water off a duck's back?

I reported the last one to the Gardaí, but they didn't give a toss it seems. Not bothered this time. Also because it didn't seem malicious, just plain ignorant - which I think should also be dealt with using the full power of the law, but if the Gardaí don't address abuse and road rage, they're unlikely to care about one man's opinion of bad driving.

And a close pass by a car this morning, on Gardiner St. Just here there's a small kink in the road: http://goo.gl/maps/zDIYN I always anticipate it by riding at the very rightmost of the cycle lane in advance, but I guess some people view that as some uppity cyclist and their sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Easy now, people might start to think you're a grumpy old man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

buffalo wrote: »
    Another close pass by a Dublin Bus yesterday, on Dame St while I was on a Dublin Bike. Another 'jebus, this is going to f*cking close' moment. Another email to Dublin Bus. Another load of water off a duck's back?

I reported the last one to the Gardaí, but they didn't give a toss it seems. Not bothered this time. Also because it didn't seem malicious, just plain ignorant - which I think should also be dealt with using the full power of the law, but if the Gardaí don't address abuse and road rage, they're unlikely to care about one man's opinion of bad driving.

Perhaps if you email the Gardaí and attach something like... http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/haulier-jailed-over-crash-which-left-cyclist-paralysed-1.1882662 ..each time they will take more notice?

DaithiMC wrote: »
    Perhaps if you email the Gardaí and attach something like... http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/haulier-jailed-over-crash-which-left-cyclist-paralysed-1.1882662 ..each time they will take more notice?

I included that in the complaint to Dublin Bus.

Had an extremely annoying commute out to track this evening. Heading up towards town on the n11, the lights are red at Fosters Avenue/the radisson. I stop, and out of service Dublin Bus is behind me. LIghts go green, and I don't cycle in the cycle lane along that stretch so bus man beeped and beeped and beeped at me. So far so normal, I don't even glance around as it happens to often. So bus man puts on a burst, out of the bus lane into the normal traffic lane and then slows down and pulls up beside me and begins beeping like a mad man again. I look over and he looks like he is having a fit in the drivers seat gesticulating at me and giving the finger and generally going purple in the face. I smile, then laugh and give him the peace sign. He then turned a colour I have never seen live human go before. He continued with the beeping and the angry waving about then pulled off out on his merry way. Very strange.

Then I was cycling along the canal, just after the Grove Road junction. Traffic is busy both sides of the road ask slow so I don't boot it down there but was clipping along nicely when an older man on a mountain bike with a Dunnes bag on the handle bars crosses both lanes of traffic and out in front of me without looking. I have to swerve out into traffic to avoid going straight into him and let out a 'jesus christ' and continue on my merry way.

The lights are red at the Harold's Cross bridge so I wait in the bike queue, (an irritating number of middle aged men on mountain bikes shoal on by me. This happens Every time I am at a set of lights with one of them!) anyway, lights go green, there is a long slow queue of cyclists behind me so I pass them out in the break in traffic, and on my way by them all one guy looks behind himself, sees me on my way by him and pulls out in front of me to go by the cyclist in front of him! What is wrong with people?!! Neither he nor the many shoaling menfolk (It is almost always men. I have been shoaled by only 3 women in over 10 years of commuting in Dublin. They wobble out by you and break lights yes, but shoaling no) were anywhere near me once I went by them. Just why they need to do that I don't know. And just what pulling-out-in-front-of-me man was thinking I can't even begin to guess.

Feickin hate the canal!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Women are just as bad for Shoaling on the Grand Canal Bike path in my experience. It beggars belief how blatant some Shoalers are. and you're right, more often than not on clapped out BSOs that will be passed out before we've reached the other side of the junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Had an extremely annoying commute out to track this evening. Heading up towards town on the n11, the lights are red at Fosters Avenue/the radisson. I stop, and out of service Dublin Bus is behind me. LIghts go green, and I don't cycle in the cycle lane along that stretch so bus man beeped and beeped and beeped at me. So far so normal, I don't even glance around as it happens to often. So bus man puts on a burst, out of the bus lane into the normal traffic lane and then slows down and pulls up beside me and begins beeping like a mad man again. I look over and he looks like he is having a fit in the drivers seat gesticulating at me and giving the finger and generally going purple in the face. I smile, then laugh and give him the peace sign. He then turned a colour I have never seen live human go before. He continued with the beeping and the angry waving about then pulled off out on his merry way. Very strange.

Then I was cycling along the canal, just after the Grove Road junction. Traffic is busy both sides of the road ask slow so I don't boot it down there but was clipping along nicely when an older man on a mountain bike with a Dunnes bag on the handle bars crosses both lanes of traffic and out in front of me without looking. I have to swerve out into traffic to avoid going straight into him and let out a 'jesus christ' and continue on my merry way.

The lights are red at the Harold's Cross bridge so I wait in the bike queue, (an irritating number of middle aged men on mountain bikes shoal on by me. This happens Every time I am at a set of lights with one of them!) anyway, lights go green, there is a long slow queue of cyclists behind me so I pass them out in the break in traffic, and on my way by them all one guy looks behind himself, sees me on my way by him and pulls out in front of me to go by the cyclist in front of him! What is wrong with people?!! Neither he nor the many shoaling menfolk (It is almost always men. I have been shoaled by only 3 women in over 10 years of commuting in Dublin. They wobble out by you and break lights yes, but shoaling no) were anywhere near me once I went by them. Just why they need to do that I don't know. And just what pulling-out-in-front-of-me man was thinking I can't even begin to guess.

Feickin hate the canal!

That stretch along by UCD is a pain in the arse, unless Im going at a decent pace (50km/h or so) then I just jump into the cycle lane. Ive found the bus drivers to be the absolute worst..just be grateful it wasn't an AirCoach lol

Zyzz wrote: »
    That stretch along by UCD is a pain in the arse, unless Im going at a decent pace (50km/h or so) then I just jump into the cycle lane. Ive found the bus drivers to be the absolute worst..just be grateful it wasn't an AirCoach lol

Aircoach's are the worst, the absolute worst. Followed by the Bus Eireann 133. :mad: !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Aircoach's are the worst, the absolute worst. Followed by the Bus Eireann 133. :mad: !!

That's the only thing on Irish roads that make me uncomfortable, and the fact they hire the most disrespectful drivers known to mankind..madness :(

Zyzz wrote: »
    That's the only thing on Irish roads that make me uncomfortable, and the fact they hire the most disrespectful drivers known to mankind..madness :(

Yeah maybe they have a league going in the garage, how many cyclists can they almost squash. The respectful ones don't go down the n11 for sure!

Yeah maybe they have a league going in the garage, how many cyclists can they almost squash. The respectful ones don't go down the n11 for sure!

First of all, I am confident it is one 133 driver in particular, as many have passed safely, I have only one I recall both trying to hit me and then admitting it with a claim it was for educational purposes.

Playing devils advocate, there are many great bus drivers on the N11, who know the speed limit, what a safe overtake is and what a basic level of humanity entails. Unfortunately there are a few ( I believe in the minority) who make you forget this, what a shame that a minority make us fear so much, a minority thay can ruin the basic feeling of safety of so many, as well as the reputation of so many others.

• Advertisement

First of all, I am confident it is one 133 driver in particular, as many have passed safely, I have only one I recall both trying to hit me and then admitting it with a claim it was for educational purposes.

Playing devils advocate, there are many great bus drivers on the N11, who know the speed limit, what a safe overtake is and what a basic level of humanity entails. Unfortunately there are a few ( I believe in the minority) who make you forget this, what a shame that a minority make us fear so much, a minority thay can ruin the basic feeling of safety of so many, as well as the reputation of so many others.
    All absolutely true. I pass and get passed by innumerable buses every day, the vast and overwhelming majority are fine. The few that aren't are in such stark and dangerous contrast it mars all.
    I still want to break into the Aircoach garage and stick up posters about the fact that cyclists don't have to be in the cycle lanes. In cool ninja Rapha cycling gear. If they wanted to sponsor me in this endeavor that would be totally cool...!

Advertisement