Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

my constant f*ck ups

Options
  • 15-02-2008 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I'm gonna stay unregistered for this one.
    I have a few things going wrong for me in the past while and I'm feeling depressed enough to post it on boards , so here goes.
    I quit my job recently, I had no (new) reason that didn't already exist to quit, but I just decided I couldn't work there anymore and quit. so now I'm completely broke for the next few weeks . My girlfriend seems ok with me quiting as she knows I can find a better job easily enough but its still been a strain on the relationship. . which to be honest I'm not sure is wrking out anymore.
    We've been going out three years now and its coming to the point where everything she does and says p*sses me off. and she just doesn't turn me on that much anymore. I've never cheated on her, but the relationship just isn't satisfying any longer.
    a few days ago I destroyed the back of my car in an accident and I wont have the money to fix it before the nct is due , she said to me that I'm such a f*ck up. and I suppose she's right, no matter how hard I try something always goes wrong.
    Yesterday for example I spent the last bit of money I had on some valentines gifts and I was happy with what I got , we were having a special valentines dinner and it would have been great. . except for the fact that when I got home I found one of my pets dead. It was a lizard, and it had eaten a cricket that was too big for it so it died it was my fault because I had seen the cricket and didn't take it out earlier. so , my f*ck up= dead pet= ruined night.

With my bills mounting up, a gf I'm bored with and a general constant feeling of depression I'm not sure if its worth staying round to "make it work" any longer.
    rant over
    Thank you to anyone for reading my long winded post.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Buy a new lizard.
    If not turned on by your girlfriend, end it. It's not fair. (or work on it maybe du to circumstance your horn is gone.
    Get a new job.

Stop being me.
    HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

sounds like a harsh time, just bare in mind all bad things come to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It's easy to fall into a rut, and bad things keep happening - some of which wouldn't normally get you down but because things seem bad, everything seems worse.

You obviously had your reasons for leaving your job which is fair - if you weren't happy etc, don't be there. But what you need to do is get yourself organised looking for the next one, even take on something short term til you find what you want, just to keep money coming in.

Your girlfriend is an issue you need to deal with - if you're truely not happy and ye can't work it out then you know what you need to do, as it's not fair on her and it's draining on you. I would like to think that you guys need to have a talk, maybe it's the run of bad luck has you more irritable or maybe ye need to try an work on any problems.

The car - needs to be fixed so it can pass it's NCT - is there any chance a parent/relative could lend you the money until you get a job? I know getting a loan when you're out of work isn't the best idea, but if you really need the car now then it's something to consider.

I'm sorry to hear your lizard died - but these things happen, you were in a rush and probably didn't think the cricket needed to be taken out there and then. It wasn't your fault the lizard choked on the cricket, we all misjudge situations sometimes.

You're having a bad run of luck at the moment, it's not your fault, it is if you let it take over your life and think everything will be bad before it happens.
    You need to take control of the situation, I know it's not easy when you feel everythings just crap. But take things one by one, and day by day, and aim to improve. *hug*

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barkingmadlolly

Sounds like you are having a really hard time. Try to take it one thing at a time, you need to work on finding a new job. Concentrate on that first off and give yourself a bit of a purpose for the next week or two. Even if you end up getting a short term contract, you will get money coming in. Then sit down and think about your girlfriend situation. If your not happy, I know its really hard but you may need to think about moving on..... It wont be easy but take one thing at a time and best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Talk to your girlfriend about how your feeling and try to work things out.
    Also it's unlikely the cricket directly killed your lizard that quick, was it a bearded dragon generally eating a cricket to big will impact it and paralize his back legs. Always take crickets that are too big out or they will try and eat them, also watch your size carefully when buying, I've had 3 bearded dragons,2 water dragons and an aussie water dragon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Being negative will generate more and more bad luck for you. You will subconciously influence yourself in a bad fashion.

Start to improve things gradually. Turn one small thing around and take some pride in that. Then tackle the next item. Try to become a little more positive each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

dudara wrote: »
    Being negative will generate more and more bad luck for you. You will subconciously influence yourself in a bad fashion.
    Correct, but the OP needs a simple "victory" to give him the impetus
    dudara wrote: »
    Start to improve things gradually. Turn one small thing around and take some pride in that. Then tackle the next item. Try to become a little more positive each time.
    There is a saying I have heard and tend to apply:

When asked to move a mountain. Don't look at the mountain, look at the first rock.

Break down your issues into manageable chunks: take the easiest of these (or the one that has to be dealt with soonest) and deal with that alone (the quick victory)
    Then deal with the next :) and so on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Marksie wrote: »
    Correct, but the OP needs a simple "victory" to give him the impetus

There is a saying I have heard and tend to apply:

When asked to move a mountain. Don't look at the mountain, look at the first rock.

Break down your issues into manageable chunks: take the easiest of these (or the one that has to be dealt with soonest) and deal with that alone (the quick victory)
    Then deal with the next :) and so on
    Very very good advice.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

we all know how quickly the good times end, but what they don't tell you is that the bad times end just as quickly. It just seems longer :) This time next year, i doubt anything you've mentioned will be a big problem, although they seem like that now. Don't worry, everything works out ok in the end, and if it's not ok, it's not the end.

Advertisement