Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He sold out or nearly sold out Aviva Stadium last year and has a big following

He sold out 2 nights in the Aviva in September 2010 - that's 45k each night so yeah you're right, pretty big following!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Is it even 15k?

Last time I was there was for a UFC fight and I think it only had about 10k. Different layout and all of course but still didn't think it was that big a venue.

O2 in London holds about 17k and it's far bigger than Dublin so I'd be surprised to hear that Dublin can hold 15k.

I think, depending on the layout, the O2 Dublin is between 12 and 15k. For Michael Buble, probably towards the 12k mark, as there won't be full use of the ground floor.

I am going tonight, I am getting really excited now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think, depending on the layout, the O2 Dublin is between 12 and 15k. For Michael Buble, probably towards the 12k mark, as there won't be full use of the ground floor.

I am going tonight, I am getting really excited now!!

Fair enough, surprised at that though. I know the UFC attendance would be different as the cage sits in the centre of the floor area but I didn't think it would make that big a change. And they would have been packing in as many seats as possible for it, as the event sold out in 2 hours.

Actually there were just under 9,500 at that UFC event which according to Wikipedia is the venue's maximum. Can hold up to 14,500 only if it includes standing sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Thinking of taking the Red Line Luas up from the city centre tonight to the O2, anyone know if its usually okay or is it jammers and a bit mad like the Dart on a match day to Lansdowne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Gremlin

Taking the missus to see this guy tonight. The tickets say doors 18:30 but specifically fail to say what time the main show starts. I don't fancy hanging around for hours waiting. Any idea what time the show actually starts 8pm?? 9pm?? whats the usual in the O2?

KGLady wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the Red Line Luas up from the city centre tonight to the O2, anyone know if its usually okay or is it jammers and a bit mad like the Dart on a match day to Lansdowne?

It is usually very busy when you leave the venue. On the way in, you will be grand.

Gremlin wrote: »
    Taking the missus to see this guy tonight. The tickets say doors 18:30 but specifically fail to say what time the main show starts. I don't fancy hanging around for hours waiting. Any idea what time the show actually starts 8pm?? 9pm?? whats the usual in the O2?

yeah, and they don't have any mention on their website or social media.
    I'd say Michael Buble will be on stage between 8:30 and 9.
    I reckon the full night will be:
    Doors 6:30
    Naturally 7 on stage between 7:15-7:30 (for 40-45 minutes)
    Michael Buble on stage between 8:30-9 (for 2 hours, hopefully!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

Im going next week. Have been told he was on in London at between 8.15 - 8.30 there about.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

He's onstage at 8:15pm.

• Advertisement

Anywhere good (not too pricey) to eat near the O2?

I'm driving down from Donegal on the Friday morning, staying at the CityNorth hotel just up the M1. Planning to head to Jurys to park around 5 but if the support act don't hit the stage til after 7, I wouldn't mind getting some food and then heading in. Save having to spend too much at the arena prices! When we saw Buble at the Aviva we were there really early and by the time the show got started the wife was frozen solid. I gave her my hoodie but had to take it back every now and again for a 5-10 minute spell because I was so cold myself.

She hadn't thought to bring a coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Anywhere good (not too pricey) to eat near the O2?

I'm driving down from Donegal on the Friday morning, staying at the CityNorth hotel just up the M1. Planning to head to Jurys to park around 5 but if the support act don't hit the stage til after 7, I wouldn't mind getting some food and then heading in. Save having to spend too much at the arena prices! When we saw Buble at the Aviva we were there really early and by the time the show got started the wife was frozen solid. I gave her my hoodie but had to take it back every now and again for a 5-10 minute spell because I was so cold myself.

She hadn't thought to bring a coat...

You could go here and then get the Luas striaght down.

3 courses for €19.95 and a bottle of house wine for €10. Early bird stops at 7 so you just need to make sure you are in by 7.

http://cactusjacks.ie/

Can someone going to the show tonight let us know the stage times please

kitten_k wrote: »
    You could go here and then get the Luas striaght down.

3 courses for €19.95 and a bottle of house wine for €10. Early bird stops at 7 so you just need to make sure you are in by 7.

http://cactusjacks.ie

That website would give you a headache! :eek:

The wife isn't a big fan of Mexican, and I'd rather be within walking distance of the O2. Don't fancy trying to cram onto the Luas after the gig.

Thanks though!

If you like Italian then there is here:

http://www.milano.ie/our-restaurants/5160/milano-dublin-clarion-quay.aspx

Just got this email from Ticketmaster, the show times are:

Event Information

Dates: 15th, 16th, 18th, 19th & 20th July 2013

Doors:18:30

Support:19:30 Approx.

Michael Buble: 20:30 Approx
    *Times are subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Peppypig

We are coming from Sligo for Thursday nights concert and staying in the clarion at liffey valley. Anyone know what bus will get us to the city centre? I can figure the rest out myself from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anybody who went tonight feel like leaving a review of the show? Did he get on stage around the 8.30 mark as expected? Were the support any good or should I just stay in the bar for a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crispdub

Saw Michael Buble last night. I wasn't a particular fan before but WOW. He set the place on fire - almost literally at the beginning :D. The support act, called Naturally 7 came on at 8.00pm. They are amazing. Don't sit in the bar for this act. Mr Buble came onstage at 9:00pm, finished at 10.30pm, came back on to do an encore and was finished by about 11:00pm. A genuinely entertaining night.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

kryogen wrote: »
    Anybody who went tonight feel like leaving a review of the show? Did he get on stage around the 8.30 mark as expected? Were the support any good or should I just stay in the bar for a while :)

Yes I will tell you my review.

First of all, I had flat seating tickets row D. There is no row A or B, so I ended up being in the 2nd row and it is incredible!

The O2 was quite slow to fill up, Naturally 7 didn't come on until after 8pm. They are absolutely fantastic and I highly recommend that you do not sit in the bar. Do not miss them, they are incredible! It was around 9pm when Michael himself took to the stage.

The show itself was indescribable, nothing I will write here will even capture a fraction of how amazing it was. Anyone who is going to see him this week is in for a treat. He is a real showman and literally has the audience in the palm of his hand.

It was after 11pm when the show ended. I really wish I was going again but I couldn't top my experience of seeing him lastnight.

Here is one of my videos that I captured - this is the last song of the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kegwgn50syg&feature=c4-overview&list=UU4mYi9FE5p2U5UPrD__HfHw

Totally agree with crispdub and Ziegfeldgirl27.
    The man has an amazing voice and he is a brilliant performer!!!

No spoilers, but prepare for something really great!!

PS. The show actually ended at 10:45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I've seen MB several times now, saw him in this venue back when it was the Point :p And he was fantastic last night. As always its an entire show and not merely a singer performing. Expect incredible vocal performances, lots of his usual humour and witty stories between songs, this is a guy that genuinely has a ball on stage which translates into a vibrant crowd on their feet singing and dancing. Michael has a great way of making a venue seem intimate and while I wasn't as close as Ziegfieldgirl (great video btw!) it still felt like we were a part of it all.

Got the Luas from the city before the gig, afterwards there was a big queue so we grabbed a drink and waited for a while and then got a later Luas back to Abbey St.

Anyone with paperless tickets (my first time using them) there was a very handy setup of staff having a small portable machine which they swiped the credit card through and printed little paper tickets at the door. No need to go to any special queue or the like.

Would love to be going again too :D

PS. The show actually ended at 10:45.

Was it, it seemed later than that!!

Here is another wee video from me. This is a selection of clips from throughout the evening. There may be a couple of spoilers but - check out 2:40! ha ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGYO2m5-rk

ah, and one thing I forgot.

Lots of merchandise, and rather expensive too. But some nice things there, especially targeted for women, so ladies prepare your wallets!!!!

Was it, it seemed later than that!!

Here is another wee video from me. This is a selection of clips from throughout the evening. There may be a couple of spoilers but - check out 2:40! ha ha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzGYO2m5-rk

yeah, isn't it amazing how time files when you are having a blast!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tbabit

Here's your options, from here http://www.journeyplanner.transportforireland.ie/nta/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2 .

You can get either the 66 or 25A,

ah, and one thing I forgot.

Lots of merchandise, and rather expensive too. But some nice things there, especially targeted for women, so ladies prepare your wallets!!!!

I really wanted the Bublé Girl shorts but €30?? my god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

I'm due to go to Saturdays concert and I'm looking forward to it.

I love all reviews so far that I'm reading here. Zieg.- thanks for your youtube links. Brillant stuff.

Read a newspaper article online from the mirror.ie about last nights concert and read that it went very well. Also read on it that Buble's wife is heavily pregnant at 8 months and that she could go into labour any day (so she must be gone past the 8 months mark) and if it happens soon, like this week, he won't be able to continue with the remaining shows because he'll have to jet off. :( I hope that doesn't happen.

Does he sing:
    Everything, and
    Home, and
    Lost, and
    Hold on, and
    I Haven't Met You Yet.

These would be my favourite amongst many more songs from him.

Does he sing:
    Everything, and
    Home, and
    Lost, and
    Hold on, and
    I Haven't Met You Yet.

These would be my favourite amongst many more songs from him.

He sings 3 of those songs :P

• Advertisement

He sings 3 of those songs :P

I'm going to take a guess:
    Everything
    Home
    I Haven't Met You Yet

Advertisement