Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2013

• 05-09-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Just thought I'd start this.

Tickets on sale on 07/10/2012

Registration closes on 30/09/2012

Anyone set on going? General discussion, tips etc. welcome!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One of the best laughs ever last year. Going again definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭padski08

Was there in 2011 and one of best weekends ever

The first sale to get deposit is tough, took from 9am to 11.30 of constantly trying to get there but worth it in the end

Tempted to go for deposit as gives you time to think if you can afford to commit to going, wouldnt have cash for full ticket in Oct but would defo have deposit money

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

I have never been but have decided to try and go this year.

Friends were there in 2011 and have sold it big time.

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    I have never been but have decided to try and go this year.

Friends were there in 2011 and have sold it big time.

You wont regret it!

Forget any Irish festival, Glastonbury is where its at!
    We arrived late on the Thursday and left Monday morning and we still didnt see half the site

The sheer size of the site is mindblowing, too us an hour to walk from our campsite to the Glastonbury hill at far side of the site, and that was pretty much walking "as the crow flies"

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

padski08 wrote: »
    You wont regret it!

We arrived late on the Thursday and left Monday morning and we still didnt see half the site

The sheer size of the site is mindblowing, too us an hour to walk from our campsite to the Glastonbury hill at far side of the site, and that was pretty much walking "as the crow flies"

Think this really shows the size compared to Dublin. :D

http://howbigreally.com/dimension/festivals_and_specticles/glastonbury#dublin

• Advertisement

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    Think this really shows the size compared to Dublin. :D

http://howbigreally.com/dimension/festivals_and_specticles/glastonbury#dublin

Saw that before :D

Used it to show friends it compared to Dublin before we left, but was still taken back from how long it takes to get from one place to another!

Best thing is, once you are by security, thats it for the week, you dont have to worry about showing ticket or anything

Can drink your own drinks anywhere too so dont have to go the bars,although the somerset cider is delish :)

Saw that before :D

Used it to show friends it compared to Dublin before we left, but was still taken back from how long it takes to get from one place to another!

Best thing is, once you are by security, thats it for the week, you dont have to worry about showing ticket or anything

Can drink your own drinks anywhere too so dont have to go the bars,although the somerset cider is delish :)

And like a complete kick in the head if youre not used to it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MusicTraveller

Hi folks!

Definitely planning on going with a Swiss friend of mine (I'd myself be coming from Canada)... if of course we get lucky this time with the tickets (we never made it through last time, despite frantically refreshing the page every 5 seconds for, like, 4 hours!) :(

Does anyone has an advice to successfully access the (fairly crap) Seetickets Glasto webpage come October, or perhaps on other routes to get tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Just registered. Would love to go to it. Any rumours yet on the line-up?

Efestivals is usually kept up to date with rumours
    http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2013/lineup.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rolling Stones and The Stone Roses seem to be nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Glastonbury is definitely up there on any music lovers bucket list. I would love to go but realistically it won't be happening next year. Ah well! always the BBC coverage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I've not been since they introduced the registration system. How does it work for a few people getting tickets? I see you can get up to 8 tickets per transaction, is it a case of everyone gets their codes and you could spread them around a few people to try and get them, giving you a better chance?

I've not been since they introduced the registration system. How does it work for a few people getting tickets? I see you can get up to 8 tickets per transaction, is it a case of everyone gets their codes and you could spread them around a few people to try and get them, giving you a better chance?

Yep. You can use up to 8 peoples codes once you get past the queue so say 4 going. Make sure everyone has the 4 codes and keep in contact so youll know when 1 person gets in so they can be bought

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Right.

I assume if I were to get through and get the tickets, anyone else trying with the codes would be told so? What I mean is, if the second person gets through, it wouldn't cancel the first order or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

still on my EP high and I'm seriously eyeing this up. would be going on my own though unless I can convince some broke friends to go.

still on my EP high and I'm seriously eyeing this up. would be going on my own though unless I can convince some broke friends to go.

Do it!

You wont regret it. And plus you wont be alone for long at Glastonbury :cool:

Do it!

You wont regret it. And plus you wont be alone for long at Glastonbury :cool:

This is true. I got kidnapped and fed drink by Geordies last time

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

^^^^THIS.

I absolutely love Glastonbury, this year (assuming we get lucky with tickets) will be my six time.

I really missed it this year, it came to the weekend it was due to be on and I longed to be sitting in the Jazz Field drinking some cider and tucking into a Pie Minister :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Anybody have tips re: camping? Few of us thinkin of heading over in a campervan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

^^^^THIS.

I absolutely love Glastonbury, this year (assuming we get lucky with tickets) will be my six time.

I really missed it this year, it came to the weekend it was due to be on and I longed to be sitting in the Jazz Field drinking some cider and tucking into a Pie Minister :D
    yup, had serious withdrawal symptoms too that week/weekend!

Do many people from Ireland bring campervans and are companies here ok about a)bringing a campervan outside Ireland and b)bringing it to Glastonbury. Recommendations welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

I've been lucky enough to go to the last 4 Glastonbury's in a row. Fingers crossed I get tickets this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 wjc

On day of ticket sale which is best/quickest? Phone no. or website? Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

The website. You'll have to hammer it for possibly 2hrs to get through but if you persevere you'll get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Can't wait either, its a brilliant week, I had a great time last year at my first and am really hoping to get through on the 7th October. Its a madhouse here on that morning with two pcs on auto refresh (thanks firefox!!), another laptop on an msn group chat with the 20 or so in our gang all checking in to see who has got through, and the phone and mobile on redial!! Mission control or what!!

Well worth it. I travelled over by car on the Tuesday last year and met with friends at various services along the M5 until we all drove in together and slept in the cars for gates on the Wednesday morning to get good camping. We were in The Dance field which was very central to everything and not nearly as noisy as the name would suggest! It fills up there very quickly but worth the early start as its right in the centre of everything.

Most of the exploring was done on the Thursday as the music stages keep you busy the other days, but even being there for 6 days, did not get round it all.

Didn't leave the farm till about 5pm on the Monday, plenty of time for a nice drive back to Holyhead for the overnight ferry after a hot shower in the motorway services near Birmingham! I booked my ferry in Jan and remember the international tickets have to paid for in full in the last week of Feb not in first week of April like the UK tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

nice info mickeyboymel

so what's the site like when you're hitting it, just a blank screen and loading or do they put you in a queue? how many screen before ticket confirmed? is there a captcha? looking to see can i get some of my servers hitting this

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

The actual link to the page on seetickets will not be published until very near the opening time. Then its just a matter of refreshing like mad....but once you break through you can enter up to eight registration numbers at the one time, so the secret is to pool with friends, have the others registration numbers with you and a fully loaded credit card and then keep in touch throughout the morning with each other.

Once your through that and have entered card details, thats it until they take the payment you are not actually confirmed. This can take anything from 3 hours to 2 days.....I had a nervous wait last year as in all the rush I thought I'd given the wrong digits on the card and it wasn't until 6pm that evening when they took the payment that I knew it was gone through.

Lol...its like an ebay auction for something you really want, but 10 times more exciting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

so if you sign up for this and manage to get tickets then find out you cant go.

you cant sell on your tickets or do you get a refund and they get reallocated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

You can pay a fiver extra for insurance which allows refunds up to the event. Otherwise there is an option to refund the tickets up until May I think. Otherwise it is not transferable so probably worth getting the insurance in case of something unexpected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

we landed by car about 4pm on the Thursday veryhard to find a pitch, we carried way too much from the car to find a spot and it killed us . If it was again I would just leave most in the car and head to find a good camp spot then do another run to the car as it wasnt that bad and we needed to do a beer run anyway a day later.

Next year I plan on landing on the Wednesday all going well, I am going to drive again hopefully. I found the drive a killer on the way back but that was cause I did the dog on it the Sunday night:D

Advertisement