Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

awec wrote: »
    Have you even offered him a cup of tea yet? :pac:

I offered my neighbour one he said they were fine and if I went to speak to your man God only knows what would come out of my awkward rambling self :(

"Do you want a c c c c cup o offf ..... wanna shift?"

Like Ronnie Barker in Open all Hours. :D

Sounds like me :pac: Back in my room now hiding myself away. Have no more reasons to go downstairs now, starting to look like I love running up and down the stairs lol.

• Advertisement

If you want to make it totally clear to him what you're after, walk down the stairs totally naked and claim you forgot they were there. :)

Oh no bothers I'll report from my jail cell when I'm done :) can't understand why I didn't think of that?

I'm pretty sure you can't be imprisoned for being naked in your own house! :pac:

(I was being sarcastic :P )

Really? Never would of guessed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Vinta - you could just use the excuse that your clothes suddenly just fell off? ;-)

I'm now officially car-less! My car got collected by the scrappage company, and I don't get a hire car til 2.30. I've booked a new car but that's out on loan from the dealership to a rugby player who is injured at the moment (I'm assuming he's a Munster player, because they said first name of player and it's not a common name, and there is a munster player with that name who is injured), so I'll be able to say that I had a Munster rugby player in my car. Now there will be no need to say that I wasn't in the car with him at the same time!

Now I'd just really like for him to stop holding my car hostage and get it back to the dealers asap so I can have my new car!

I'm probably a bit mental, and I know there were a couple of posters said stay away from yaris & auris, but I'm a big fan of both cars, having owned a yaris for last 4 years, and driven my ex's auris a good few times. So I've booked a 2011 reg auris hybrid!!! :eek: going to be paying back the loan forever, but I'd have no problem hanging on to this car for a good few years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Yep, you just need to say that the plumbing problems caused your clothes to rot off. He won't spot the flaw in the logic as he'll be too distracted by you being in the nip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

mariebeth wrote: »
    Vinta - you could just use the excuse that your clothes suddenly just fell off? ;-)

I'm now officially car-less! My car got collected by the scrappage company, and I don't get a hire car til 2.30. I've booked a new car but that's out on loan from the dealership to a rugby player who is injured at the moment (I'm assuming he's a Munster player, because they said first name of player and it's not a common name, and there is a munster player with that name who is injured), so I'll be able to say that I had a Munster rugby player in my car. Now there will be no need to say that I wasn't in the car with him at the same time!

Now I'd just really like for him to stop holding my car hostage and get it back to the dealers asap so I can have my new car!

I'm probably a bit mental, and I know there were a couple of posters said stay away from yaris & auris, but I'm a big fan of both cars, having owned a yaris for last 4 years, and driven my ex's auris a good few times. So I've booked a 2011 reg auris hybrid!!! :eek: going to be paying back the loan forever, but I'd have no problem hanging on to this car for a good few years!

I have to say, I love the Yaris. Or at least the one I had when I lived in Ireland. Never gave me a moment's trouble, really easy on petrol and so easy to park! Great little car for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

Bf is on his way to Miami today and suddenly the sunshine disappears. Boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

swapple wrote: »
    Bf is on his way to Miami today and suddenly the sunshine disappears. Boo-urns.

going to Wrestlemania? my cousin is over there now, wish I could have afforded it, next year though..

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

krudler wrote: »
    going to Wrestlemania? my cousin is over there now, wish I could have afforded it, next year though..

Wrestlemania indeed, and his work paid for it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

mariebeth wrote: »

I have a 99 yaris (thinking of upgrading to a 05 yaris in june/july) ive had it nearly 4 years and has never had any sort of issue. My husbands family are all toyota fans, his sister has a yaris, we also have a verso, his dad has a carolla, his mother has a starlet and his other sister owned a yaris verso. The 05 verso has had a new gearbox, brakes and starter motor. Still drives great (why wouldnt it with all its new bits n pieces)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

swapple wrote: »
    Wrestlemania indeed, and his work paid for it! :eek:

Thats class, what does he do?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Staying in my pajamas all day :D *

not because I want to... My back is so bad I physically can't dress myself & I'm home alone :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

The sun is starting to come out again!!!
    *runs out to play on the swings*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Just ordered a pizza! Night of movies and eating ahead of me. 2012 is on tv and it's so truly awful it's hilarious. John Cusack running away from lava for 2 hours, now that's my kind of flick.

(It's 6pm here so it's a legitimate hour for pizza!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Staying in my pajamas all day :D *

not because I want to... My back is so bad I physically can't dress myself & I'm home alone :/
    Are you in pain? If you are, see if your doctor will prescribe you some Solpadol, they are amazing, they make you drowsy though, so best to take them at night so you'll get a good nights sleep.

If you have to be up early or something, don't take them, they put you into a really deep sleep (well, they did for me anyway).

Anyone else freezing, or is it just me? Boyfriend put the heating on for fifteen minutes and it still freezing :(

So hungry too, doesn't help the coldness :( Going to my house for some lunch soon, I'm thinking mushroom soup and bread, mmm.

It's a dull, miserable and cold day here today, no sun or blue sky :(

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Just got a load of very scary medical test results back, and they were all good news :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Are you in pain? If you are, see if your doctor will prescribe you some Solpadol, they are amazing, they make you drowsy though, so best to take them at night so you'll get a good nights sleep.

And don't even ATTEMPT to have a drink with them! I did that once, had been prescribed them for a really bad throat infection. Hadn't really planned to take them, so I had a glass of wine with dinner, but ended up having to take one an hour or so later. I was like this within about 5 minutes:

i-am-the-lizard-queen-simpsons.jpg

If you have to be up early or something, don't take them, they put you into a really deep sleep (well, they did for me anyway).

Anyone else freezing, or is it just me? Boyfriend put the heating on for fifteen minutes and it still freezing :(

I'm only in pain when I make any slight movement :P My doctor gave me Difene and I've been taking the with Solpadeine and a valium :o It's the only way I get any bit of relieve.. Supposed to be working a night shift tonight, but there's no way I can go to work that drugged up.. But I feel sooo bad ringing in sick :(

I am frozen!! I've had the heating on all morning :/

Honey-ec wrote: »
    And don't even ATTEMPT to have a drink with them! I did that once, had been prescribed them for a really bad throat infection. Hadn't really planned to take them, so I had a glass of wine with dinner, but ended up having to take one an hour or so later. I was like this within about 5 minutes:

i-am-the-lizard-queen-simpsons.jpg

bahahaha that happened me before with difene and something else I was taking... It was hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I'm only in pain when I make any slight movement :P My doctor gave me Difene and I've been taking the with Solpadeine and a valium :o It's the only way I get any bit of relieve.. Supposed to be working a night shift tonight, but there's no way I can go to work that drugged up.. But I feel sooo bad ringing in sick :(

I have a stock pile of them, husband gets them for gout, but realised the tablets really upset his tummy (they have to be taken on a full tummy) i pop one when ever i need it, did the garden the other day and have been taking them for my back. They really do help.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Saw large spider scuttle across the flooor of my room. Heart nearly stopped at the idea of being near it in bare feet. Grabbed handy wine glass:o and trapped it, then spent a few minutes looking for a firm piece of paper to slide under it. Went and opened the window to be ready. Carefully slid paper under glass and picked it up...to discover that I had captured a hairball!

I need to hoover more. Also have eye test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You’re lucky you didn’t get some crazy voodoo doctor like I got one night. Stuck two shots of morphine in the bottom of my back and put me on 6 valium a day for 4 days. I had to walk to the bathroom holding the wall cause I couldn’t stand straight I was so stoned. Told my normal doctor when I went back for a check up the following week and he went nuts that their oncall doc prescribed me so many valium.

Kiera wrote: »
    You’re lucky you didn’t get some crazy voodoo doctor like I got one night. Stuck two shots of morphine in the bottom of my back and put me on 6 valium a day for 4 days. I had to walk to the bathroom holding the wall cause I couldn’t stand straight I was so stoned. Told my normal doctor when I went back for a check up the following week and he went nuts that their oncall doc prescribed me so many valium.

Holy crap :O I'm surprised you could walk at all :O

Am so bored... Left my book upstairs and there's not a hope in hell I'd be make it up for it :/

Starving too :/ Wish Centra delivered chicken rolls... *drools*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Holy crap :O I'm surprised you could walk at all :O

Am so bored... Left my book upstairs and there's not a hope in hell I'd be make it up for it :/

Oh tv is soooo crap during the day too. I'd say you're going insane?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement