Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mandrain?

• 21-02-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

this is a bit strange to ask. i have been avoiding fruit for years as the typical excuse 'i didnt like it'. recently i have been eating healthier and bring fruit into my diet at work.

now my problem is, i bought a punnet of either mandrain or clemtine and i loved them, they had seeds in them (if this helps). i have since then bought mandrains from lidl (doesnt actually say what the are on the label) and they where bitter like oranges, so i went to buy mandrains in tesco and same thing.

i liked the small oranges that are like more water (kind of reminds me of MiWadi) and less acidy if that makes sense.

what fruit am i actually looking for when i shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

jjjade wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

this is a bit strange to ask. i have been avoiding fruit for years as the typical excuse 'i didnt like it'. recently i have been eating healthier and bring fruit into my diet at work.

now my problem is, i bought a punnet of either mandrain or clemtine and i loved them, they had seeds in them (if this helps). i have since then bought mandrains from lidl (doesnt actually say what the are on the label) and they where bitter like oranges, so i went to buy mandrains in tesco and same thing.

i liked the small oranges that are like more water (kind of reminds me of MiWadi) and less acidy if that makes sense.

what fruit am i actually looking for when i shop?

First of all I will say its fruit not a tin of beans so hard to get a consistent product, you could look out for particular varieties of clementines like nadorcott which is usually sweet but its a little more expensive so its usually in supermarket premium packs. If you like watery bland flavours, satsuma is a good one to try. As you don't seem to like sharp don't ever buy Mandoras from Cyprus, can be worse than eating a grapefruit.

Some tasting notes at the below link plus it tells you when some of the varieties are in season.

http://goodfruitguide.co.uk/fruits/clementines

P.S its mandarin and clementines, I originally thought this was a thread on manflu!

Advertisement