Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second home property tax

• 02-08-2009 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

does anyone know how I can pay the second home tax online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I could have sworn I saw something about it on a council website, but I suspect they don't even know themselves yet, seeing as it is so new.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/
    Non Principal Private Residences
    A €200 annual charge on non principal private residences payable by the owners of these properties has been introduced under the Local Government (Charges) Act 2009.

http://www.fingalcoco.ie/YourLocalCouncil/PropertyandProcurement/NonPrincipalPrivateresidences/#d.en.22903
    Non Principal Private Residences

NON PRINCIPAL PRIVATE RESIDENCES

A €200 annual charge on non principal private residences payable by the owners of these properties has been introduced under the Local Government (Charges) Act 2009. The charge applies mainly to owners of private rental property and holiday homes. It also applies to vacant residential property unless newly built but unsold.

Liability to pay the charge is determined by ownership of a relevant property on the “liability date” and 31st July 2009 is the liability date for the current year. Payment of the charge for this year is due by the 30th September 2009. If payment of the charge is not made by the 31st October this year, a €20 late payment fee will apply for each month or part of month during which the charge is unpaid.

Payment of the charge can be made on-line at www.nppr.ie You may also pay the charge in person at the payments offices of Fingal County Council, following completion of the registration forms which we will have available for you.. If paying in person at our offices, please note that cash will not be accepted. Cheques/Postal Orders must be made payable to LGCSB NPPR.

For further information on the charge please click on this website – www.nppr.ie

Contact us: e-mail: nppr@fingalcoco.ie
    By phone: NPPR Officer 01-8905327

• Registered Users Posts: 2 valmrk

Advertisement