Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

AJ21 wrote: »
    I just saw these pictures on Octane :(

Unbelievably, the Ferrari driver walked away with no serious injuries.

Yes he shall forever remember the words... thou shalt not tailgate, as will the lad in the Volvo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

andyseadog wrote: »

the absolute size of the front discs on that car :eek:

They wernt much good after...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Wonder if I could buy the driver's seat and convert it into my desk chair thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-055.gif. Now that is something I would very much like to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Pics removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJ21

Hal1 wrote: »
    Pics removed?

The pictures have disappeared and the thread on Octane was removed by one of the moderators over there. I have a couple of the pictures saved but I'm guessing someone out there wouldn't be too happy if I posted them again.

For anyone that didn't see the pictures in my earlier post, a Ferrari 458 Italia was involved in a crash in Belfast earlier today. I'm not sure what the cause of the accident was but the Ferrari is in a very bad way now.

I believe this was the car involved.

• Advertisement

Pics are still showing up for me on this thread.

edit: and are now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

qz wrote: »
    Pics are still showing up for me on this thread.

Browser caching stores them in your temp files folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The owner of that 458 is now intensive care according to a few reports. Was meant to have only collected it today..... hope he makes a full recovery.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

anyone able to PM me the pics?

Hope he makes a full recovery.

Octane thread said no injuries, although I've now taken with a pinch of salt considering the rapidity with which the pictures were taken down. Either way, I hope nobody was injured, it did seem like a very close call judging by the pictures that I did see.

Also, people looking for pictures: it's like watching a horror film, you know you shouldn't, but in this case, there's no reason why you should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

There's a few websites that have the photos up, don't know if I'm allowed to post a link but it does look brutal. Hopefully the drivers ok, is that a dealer tag/keyring still on the key in the ignition?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Just saw an Ariel Atom on the Ballymount Road, Im afraid ive no pics as it was comming against me, I knew they were small but the two chaps in it looked like they may as well have been strapped to the engine while wearing roller skates

arielatomz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Just saw an Ariel Atom on the Ballymount Road, Im afraid ive no pics as it was comming against me, I knew they were small but the two chaps in it looked like they may as well have been strapped to the engine while wearing roller skates

arielatomz.jpg

Coming from the tv3 studio I'd imagine. Was on this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

And it's the supercharged version. 300hp + 500kg :eek:

You can probably see it up close here

http://www.almcmotorshow.com/

http://www.tv3.ie/ireland_am.php?video=35693&locID=1.65.74

this Sunday, all in a good cause too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

From the ATWR Dyno day, but I love this car so much

4EE476887FD7468C80530CBA7EEBAD5B-0000323155-0002257364-00800L-B01C901305DA466B87AEE965819F2139.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

qz wrote: »
    Octane thread said no injuries, although I've now taken with a pinch of salt considering the rapidity with which the pictures were taken down. Either way, I hope nobody was injured, it did seem like a very close call judging by the pictures that I did see.

Also, people looking for pictures: it's like watching a horror film, you know you shouldn't, but in this case, there's no reason why you should.

Theres a good bit on the accident on the RMS site. Apparently.....
    Was sitting in mcdonalds car park and actually witnessed it all, only noticed the ferrari because of the sound of the engine,although missed the impact through the trees, but don't go make assumptions and accusations, the guy in the ferrari was driving perfectly fine wasnt speeding or acting like a dick, he came round on the left hand lane at the roundabout and next thing heard an impact and another impact 2 seconds later and saw half the ferrari under the lorry. at first I thought the bus had maybe smacked into the ferrari and pushed it under, but don't think that was the case now.

The Ironic thing about it is, there was an ambulance behind all of it on the way to another emergency so they were on the scene within 2 seconds.

........and this as well.......
    Hi, Thanks for all the genuine comments of concern, The guy who was hurt is my brother in-law's uncle. He is currently in surgery, but it is not looking good.

We have been told that he had a massive aneurism, which ruptured and subsequently caused him to crash.

His family are very concerned as he has only a 50% chance of making it through surgery.

I have been told that he only picked the new car up 3 hours before the incident.

My thoughts and prayers are with his immediate family.

(both of these are on P3 of this thread.

Lets all hope the driver makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FunkyExige

Youll have to change that to the chap and the girl ;) I was passengering for a spin in it. It was an amazing little rocket on the road!!! Loved the chance to have a go in it! What a car but im still shivering from the cold when your blasting down the motorway!!!! :p

Coming from the tv3 studio I'd imagine. Was on this morning

You got it in one :) It was on as one of the cars which will be at the Almc show this Sunday at the City North Hotel!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Bumpstop

TESLA.JPG

An electric car, Tesla I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

audi r8 v10 outside powerscourt golf club

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

dharn wrote: »
    audi r8 v10 outside powerscourt golf club

It's only a V8. Nothing to see here people, move along.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

You won't be fitting many golf clubs in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

It's only a V8. Nothing to see here people, move along.

why is yours the v 10 :) how do you know its the v8 engine cover said fsi i thought that was the v 10

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

dharn wrote: »
    why is yours the v 10 :) how do you know its the v8 engine cover said fsi i thought that was the v 10
    V10 model has "v10" written on the wing.
    Still a savage car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

-Chris- wrote: »
    You won't be fitting many golf clubs in that!

There is a space behind the seats designed to fit two sets of golf clubs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Step 1. Look flashy car, make sure it has enough room for golf sticks.
    Step 2. Buy flashy car.
    Step 3. Spend 4 hours walking around with sticks in silly clothes pretending it's a sport, abandoning nice car which would be much more interesting to spend 4 hours in.

I really, really don't get golf.

Not a fan of it myself, got a set of Golf clubs few years back after me and the sister bought a set for the ole lad to get him back playing, he used to play years ago. Thankfully after a few outings with the pub society he joined a club so I packed it up (was sh1t at it). For a 60 odd year old widower it gets him 2 or 3 days entertainment a week. Horses for courses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭MarkN

Car should be taken off him for having those wheels on it anyway. Fugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Step 1. Look flashy car, make sure it has enough room for golf sticks.
    Step 2. Buy flashy car.
    Step 3. Spend 4 hours walking around with sticks in silly clothes pretending it's a sport, abandoning nice car which would be much more interesting to spend 4 hours in.

Golf, its all about getting there and getting back. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭waxon-waxoff

Imprezas

DSCF0200.jpg
    22B

DSCF0186.jpg
    Mustangs

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg
    Ford GT's

DSCF0189.jpg