Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LYIT accommodation mega thread (read post 1).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

Maldesu wrote: »
    Well damn. I don't usually come in here so this is a little late but still, might be useful.

Whitethorn Park, Knocknamona Park, Beinn Aoibhinn, Sylvan Park, Ard crannagh. Pretty much all located between the hospital and the LYIT.
    I'd avoid Ashlawn as its really more student based and not in the best of shape these days. Ard Crannagh is hit or miss.

Thanks for that, I was up there for the weekend. We've got a place up on mountain-top (foxhills), it was the only place we could find that we liked and was within our budget. I think I'll be on placement in the hospital for a good part of the course.
    That's gonna be some hill to cycle back up though, I'll either be super fit or dead of a heart attack after 9 months :)
    It seems like there is a bus up from the town centre, I'm not sure of the times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Foxhills is fairly new but I've not heard anything negative about it. I'd not fancy that cycle!
    There is a town bus. Think it leaves every hour or so but I'm not sure. There is a Donegal forum that might be able to give you better info on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

toc2012 wrote: »
    I would suggest maybe Mountain Top but I'm not sure how far exactly that is, (it was suggested to me) but I want to be in walking distance of college/town

Mountain top is not within walking distance, I wouldn't want to be doing it anyways! The hill is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 shubj

I am looking for somewhere too. Only got a course offer Monday and just wasn't expecting it at all. I would like to share to cut the rent and bills but have a kid so it would be awkward finding people to fit in with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

shubj wrote: »
    I am looking for somewhere too. Only got a course offer Monday and just wasn't expecting it at all. I would like to share to cut the rent and bills but have a kid so it would be awkward finding people to fit in with that.

Good luck with search. I would offer to share but we've already paid the deposit on a place and it wouldn't be big enough.
    Have a look at all the adverts on gumtree, donegal dealer etc and put in an advert yourself.
    We spent 3 days looking around Letterkenny and the cheapest decent house that we could find was €100 up on mountain-top, a few minutes drive or bus from the centre.
    How old is your kid? will you need to be near a school/ creche?
    I have the details of a few houses I could give to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I just got a place in Walnut Grove think its full now though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhilipL611

hi guys

going to study Applied computin in september and looking for a place to live in letterkenny, i can join and say i have no weird habbits jus play guitar alot :D

pm me if any spots left..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PhilipL611

TOC 2012

have u found any place to live yet as i am myself still looking for a place to live with other students , ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Guy's I've merged all the Accommodation threads together handier to have them all in the one thread. I'll make it a sticky too, happy hunting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SarahLou1991

Walnut Grove or belvedere house still have places i think! google belvedere house letterkenny and all the info there to contact her! Its right beside the college! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Amsirp

Hey all

Im doing Digital media design this year.
    Im staying at Letterkenny student accommodation,Court Manor House to be exact.
    Just wondering,when do you go up to the accommodation usually?
    I heard it is 4 days before the registration date.
    Registration is on the 11th this year,so i would go up on the 7th,Does that sound correct!

Anyone going in this year that could verify?

Many thanks all!!
    Look forward to seeing you up in LYIT!!
    Dave!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Im just going to go up next Monday.. Staying in Walnut Grove so not a bad walk to the college the next day :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AnswerMe!

4 days sounds a bit much, I'm not heading up till Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

I still haven't found a place yet :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tanith Ghost

I'm a second year computing student looking for accommodation in Letterkenny. If anyone has a space available, contact me via PM or post in this thread.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hannahcassidy8

18 f, looking for a housemate

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Hershman12

I am a incoming first year looking for accommodation if anyone has or knows of a place with some space it would be much appreciated if you let me know or if anyone needs a roommate . Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionaL96

Hi Im going into first year in september, and am looking for a room anywhere close to the college. Please let me know if you know of any. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hannahcassidy8

Hi Fiona, im looking for someone to move into my apartment with me, its no more than a 10 minute walk to the college :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FionaL96

Hi, oh thats great :) Where abouts is the apartment and how much is it per month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 colinLynch94

Going into first year, sports coaching and performance. Looking for accommodation and a bit of craic so let me know if any1 is looking for a roommate, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 faedince

I'm a second year VisComm student (f, 20) hoping to move up to Letterkenny sometime soon. If anyone is looking for a housemate or already has a (cheap) spare room anywhere, please let me know! PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 logiebear

First year LYIT student looking to share a house/flat/appartment. Preferably near LYIT. Would like to live with other students, who would be responsible when it comes to bills, household tasks etc. but would also be somewhat sociable. I've found a few properties that would be very affordable if I can get 2/3 other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

logiebear wrote: »
    First year LYIT student looking to share a house/flat/appartment. Preferably near LYIT. Would like to live with other students, who would be responsible when it comes to bills, household tasks etc. but would also be somewhat sociable. I've found a few properties that would be very affordable if I can get 2/3 other people.

Hello, yea I may be interested depending on a few things. What neighbourhood are you looking at? Prices also?much difference between student village & renting privately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 logiebear

Username1_ wrote: »
    Hello, yea I may be interested depending on a few things. What neighbourhood are you looking at? Prices also?much difference between student village & renting privately?

Hey, I've been looking around Ballyraine and Ashlawn mainly, they're within 5/10 mins of LYIT. It ranges from 40 to 70 a week depending on what's included. Renting privately would be more affordable and quieter than student accommodation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lala23

logiebear wrote: »

Just wondering did you find people to live with, a first year student and really stuck for somewhere to live ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Falcon_Steve

lala23 wrote: »
    Just wondering did you find people to live with, a first year student and really stuck for somewhere to live ?

Same here! First year too. Thought would find a place much easier. Anybody looking to share a place, or got a room available, pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 BSarky!

Hi Im looking to share a house with other girls preferably! Im transferring into second year nursing and don't know anyone so if anyone is looking to share pm me hoping no more than 55-60 a week!! Or if anyone has suggestions as to where I should look?? Sylvan Park seems to have a lot?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Anyone looking to rent a place for the upcoming year? I've lived in letterkenny before for work reasons and am now going back for college. Wondering if there are others on the hunt for a house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lala23

BSarky! wrote: »
    Hi Im looking to share a house with other girls preferably! Im transferring into second year nursing and don't know anyone so if anyone is looking to share pm me hoping no more than 55-60 a week!! Or if anyone has suggestions as to where I should look?? Sylvan Park seems to have a lot?!

Hi. Second year in LYIT studying Health and Social Care, living with 2 other girls this year and we need 2 other house mates. PM me if interested as need to know as soon as possible.

Advertisement