Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The UK usually gets stuff a week or two before the rest of us.
    All we need to make the new ipad a must have is an updated iMame4all with an updated game roster.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    You can buy it tomorrow in stores in the UK or grab it online now.

Not sure about pre-orders for Ireland but its available from the 23rd of this month in shops(if you manage to grab one of the 5 iPad's they get in stock).
    Nothing about pre-orders on the Irish apple site just yet.

Groovy. Happy to wait it out. I have a coupon for the Apple site so I'll just buy it there. Same place I bought the refurb iPad 1. Delivery was super swift with them, no messing around.

By the way, I asked yer wan at Gamestop if they were selling on the iPads. Apparently not, they are just sending them to Apple. Very weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The UK usually gets stuff a week or two before the rest of us.
    All we need to make the new ipad a must have is an updated iMame4all with an updated game roster.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!

You know you can add games to iMame4All even if you're not jailbroken.

You know you can add games to iMame4All even if you're not jailbroken.

I jailbroke my iPad the day I got it. An hour later it was back to factory stock. Couldn't be bothered with it.

In the ownership lifespan of my iPad one, all I did was play Cave shmups and the excellent Darius Burst iOS...

...which I might start blubbing about now. I miss Darius Burst iOS! Where's my Darius Burst AC EX tote bag so I can blub my tears on to it?

I'm off to go play Darius Burst on the PSP, hate the controls, then play some Darius R on the Game Boy Micro to cheer me up!

...then realize Steven Emmanuelle Ulysses SI has two copies of Darius Alpha and blub some more. :(

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I jailbroke my iPad the day I got it. An hour later it was back to factory stock. Couldn't be bothered with it.

In the ownership lifespan of my iPad one, all I did was play Cave shmups and the excellent Darius Burst iOS...

...which I might start blubbing about now. I miss Darius Burst iOS! Where's my Darius Burst AC EX tote bag so I can blub my tears on to it?

I'm off to go play Darius Burst on the PSP, hate the controls, then play some Darius R on the Game Boy Micro to cheer me up!

...then realize Steven Emmanuelle Ulysses SI has two copies of Darius Alpha and blub some more. :(

You might need to change that in a while :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

You might need to change that in a while :pac::pac::pac:

Are you buying another one or selling one? :confused:

Are you buying another one or selling one? :confused:

I aint sellin

I aint sellin

A THIRD? HOLY CRAP! :eek:

Very envious! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I aint sellin

You know there are other people who might like to purchase a copy of it, but there'll be none left the way you're going! :P

A THIRD? HOLY CRAP! :eek:

Very envious! :(

It's not 100 percent yet. That copy that was on sale in Akihabara is now sold to someone I know very well over there. Possible trade happening if we can agree on something.

I wonder how many are left of these things? Can I possible get them all?
    Am I like that dude from Pokemon who has to catch em all?

• Advertisement

You know there are other people who might like to purchase a copy of it, but there'll be none left the way you're going! :P

128972136147120399.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Am I like that dude from Pokemon who has to catch em all?

Who, me?

I wonder how many are left of these things?

Hmm, well, it's estimated 800-1000 copies were produced. I'd wager about a quarter are MIA forever. That leaves 600-800 copies left wild, or 598-798 discounting your two copies.

And I've seen about 3 or 4 on eBay right now, plus the one your mate owns. I'd love to be able to compile a list of all the owners and find out where all the copies are round the world.

Hmm, well, it's estimated 800-1000 copies were produced. I'd wager about a quarter are MIA forever. That leaves 600-800 copies left wild, or 598-798 discounting your two copies.

And I've seen about 3 or 4 on eBay right now, plus the one your mate owns. I'd love to be able to compile a list of all the owners and find out where all the copies are round the world.

Hmm, 3 or 4 on ebay you say.

Cosplay-Motivational-Poster.jpg

Perhaps I should get another copy of Sylphia instead ;)
    Another rare(ish) game thats not great when you actually get around to, you know, playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

What about the Apple store in Belfast, will they be getting iPad 3s in? could be up and back before Lunch if you didn't want to wait the week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    It only counts if it comes with the small black book of hints too.

Here's the annoying thing for myself. I have the game with a new battery and battery holder soldered in by yourself, the map, the booklet, the small black book of hints...

But no bloody cart box or inlay!!!

I've been looking for the full gold PAL box on it's own and inlay for years, but they just don't exist on their own. Beyond annoying.

I got the cart and all the inserts along with a Snes in a secondhand shop years ago. In fact, it was my mam who picked it up. Had a selection of about 20 amazing snes games. All with their booklets and inserts - just no boxes. Really frustrating as you know at some point in time someone just decided to throw them all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

By the way there are still about 15 PS1's brand new up on Meath street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

safetyboy wrote: »
    By the way there are still about 15 PS1's brand new up on Meath street
    Where abouts is Meath Street?

What price are they going for?

Boxed GBC which is a nice thing. I would want it myself but I'm only interested in a boxed Teal or boxed Jap one.

• Advertisement

Where abouts is Meath Street?

What price are they going for?

Think its 35€ with a game, here is the old link

http://www.adverts.ie/playstation/playstation-one-brand-new-with-game/1030160

safetyboy wrote: »

Are they in a shop or something?

Sorry yeah its like a mobile phone slash gun shop slash.....

Can be collected from the orange shop- number 33 meath street dublin 8.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, that's pretty nice, I already have three PS consoles so I'm not buying another but that's pretty cool...

Master of the Universe

Here's another big box Zelda rarity, German PAL only this time. Apparantly the last one of these went for well over a grand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260978228770

This is amazing.

Still sealed too!

Master of the Universe

This is amazing.

Still sealed too!

I was wondering how you found that. Went through the guys other auctions. Searching for Laserdiscs were we? ;)

Might buy one of them for the craic.

Searching for Laserdiscs were we?

Yes. :o
    Might buy one of them for the craic.

If you open it and drink it, I would love to know what 60 year old water tastes like... and if you live through the night to comment about it. :D

Just doing a bit of a clean out.

Sega Megadrive with a couple of games, original psu, 3rd party pad and a lovely RF cable.
    http://www.adverts.ie/1457598

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263365eb0d1bc93c322cde138a2f0e669988e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Thats a very nice price steve. I'm on the look out for a PSU myself, but would be a shame to split it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement