Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »

Also not as tough as people make it out to be. If you need the 30 lives code then you fail at life. Pity the PAL version has the gay robots as opossed to the burly buff and very heterosexual shirtless men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also not as tough as people make it out to be. If you need the 30 lives code then you fail at life. Pity the PAL version has the gay robots as opossed to the burly buff and very heterosexual shirtless men.

Having never played the game...I'll stick with the robots cho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

Just got Lucifers call for the ps2 and Devil Summoner for the saturn. It is a japanese game so can not really play it but only cost £2.50 and the art work is cool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,764 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was looking at devil summoner and soul hackers and wondering if I should buy them. A translation isn't coming anytime soon since the one that was started was on the PS1 version whose programming is a total mess. Pity they just won't translate the saturn version.

i was looking at getting a ps2 copy of devil summoner but it is well over £30 so will hold out till a bargain copy turns up on ebay

• Advertisement

I got mine for 40, it's hard to find. Also the two PS2 devil summoner games are totally different to the Saturn Devil Summoner games. The special edition of Devil Summoner 2 is on videogamesplus.ca but it's expensive. It alsonever came out in Europe.

I have seen a few european copies going for cheaper but when i write to the seller the game is never in english

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi Picked up Devil Summoner 2 in gamestop a few weeks ago for 15 was not in great shape but put it in a new box and brought it in to game to get it cleaned looks good as new so you shold keep a look out for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

dmcdante wrote: »
    Hi Picked up Devil Summoner 2 in gamestop a few weeks ago for 15 was not in great shape but put it in a new box and brought it in to game to get it cleaned looks good as new so you shold keep a look out for it

Erm as said two posts previous, it wasn't released in Europe... Are you thinking of Digital Devil Saga 2?

must have got lucky then cause it is Devil Summoner 2

• Advertisement

You sure it's a PAL version? Could be NTSC.

I got my special edition with the jack frost doll so I'm happy :P

To be honest never played it just picked it up cause i like ATLUS so will have to try it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got an Amstrad CPC464 today, unfortunately with the Green Screen montior, but there is an easy mod to get it working via an RGB scart.
    It works too, despite being cooped up in a shed for years, plus got 20 games too, and some of them work!

I wonder if there is an SD card mod for the machine, save all that tedious waiting for the tapes to load?

You're not going to get any consoles supporting RGB until the 16-bit era. If you are lucky they will support VGA. I'm pretty sure some of those old home computers can be fitted with hard disks with mods?

dmcdante wrote: »
    To be honest never played it just picked it up cause i like ATLUS so will have to try it

Well I have been wrong about this before. Thought some one was wrong in saying they had a PAL version of Star Ocean 2. Turns out only about 2000 copies of the game ever came out and not much was known about it. Would be interesting to see if it exists.

I will give it a run during the weekend see if it works.
    Anyway picked up a gameboy the other day with beavis and butthead and dr mario works pretty good for 20 euro

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're not going to get any consoles supporting RGB until the 16-bit era. If you are lucky they will support VGA. I'm pretty sure some of those old home computers can be fitted with hard disks with mods?

This is just your WRONG day isn't it?
    I mean, you have to realise, this is how the rest of us feel all the time!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Amstrad-CPC464-CPC664-CPC6128-SCART-cable-/270669141137

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This is just your WRONG day isn't it?
    I mean, you have to realise, this is how the rest of us feel all the time!

Start taking pictures, it doesn't happen very often :P

That RGB cable is weird, didn't think many home computers would support it.

If you found a ZX81 RGB cable I'd be very impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Start taking pictures, it doesn't happen very often :P

That RGB cable is weird, didn't think many home computers would support it.

If you found a ZX81 RGB cable I'd be very impressed.

Why leave a wounded man wounded I ask? http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Sinclair-ZX81-Composite-Video-Mod-Kit-Scart-TV-/260628408516 :D

EnterNow wrote: »

Brilliant! Was wondering if there was an RGB cable since the ZX81 is the one machine that really doesn't need it :)

Makes you wonder why the N64 doesn't support it when the ZX81 did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

That's composite isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Got Real bout Fatal fury for PS1, F-Zero GX for Game cube and Fatal Fury battle archives for PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Picked up Wipeout 64, Space Station Silicon Valley and Hexen for N64 (for nostalgic reasons only ;) ) for a fiver each yesterday. Looking forward to getting home over christmas and giving them a bash for the lulz. :)

Space Station Silicon Valley is still brilliant. Nothing else like it.

Space Station Silicon Valley is still brilliant. Nothing else like it.
    Really looking forward to giving it a bash again! Have to say the game shops in the Netherlands are fantastic when it comes to retro consoles - both the stores near me have sizable n64/snes/nes collections for great prices. If anyone is visiting Amsterdam in the next while definitely check out Game Over, it's right across from the centraal station. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Daddio wrote: »
    Really looking forward to giving it a bash again! Have to say the game shops in the Netherlands are fantastic when it comes to retro consoles - both the stores near me have sizable n64/snes/nes collections for great prices. If anyone is visiting Amsterdam in the next while definitely check out Game Over, it's right across from the centraal station. ;)

I was looking for that Game Over place the last time I was in Amsterdam but couldn't find it (wonder why that was):pac:

pdbhp wrote: »
    I was looking for that Game Over place the last time I was in Amsterdam but couldn't find it (wonder why that was):pac:
    The trick is to go there first - before you get caught in the mire of debauchery that an Amsterdam trip will inevitably develop into ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

img0482n.jpg

Got these from searching around a couple of second-hand shops today and yesterday, paid about €25 altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I used to love that Smash Court Tennis :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I used to love that Smash Court Tennis :D

Its really a lot of fun, the multiplayer especially. The cover makes it look more of a simulator than the arcade fun it is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement