Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

well girls it's looks like i'm bringing my bump into 2010... good holy mother of fecking jaysus i'm so peed off.. so yesterday morning i was lying in bed and loosing the will to live i text into the martin king show to find a song to encourage my stubborn little baby into the world.. and some of the responses he got were hilarious... i laughed so much i started coughing and nearly got sick!! but what a way to start off the day!!! LOL :D:D:D:D didn't induce labout though..:rolleyes:
    Now my brother is 30 today and is having a party in his house for new years and his birthday and my family wouldn't let me go cos he lives in tullamore and we're in navan :(:( i'm so peed off!! but again i thought it would embarrass him to hear his name on the radio so i text the martin king show again to request a happy birthday for him and to let him know i was thinking about him and low and behold it all started again with suggestions for starting labour!!! my husband was driving me over to drogheda for a check up and was slagging me off something rotten!!!
    so on the results of the check.... they sent me home with a come back on wed afternoon and we'll get you started on thursday morning... i'll be a whole 14 days over...they gave me a sweep but told me everything is tight and happy up there and looks like it'll be another few days... :eek::(:mad: and the doc told me it would be a good idea to try the dirty deed... i'm thanking god my husband wasn't there (infection in hosp he couldn't come in).. this was while he was doing the sweep... what the hell was going through his mind i ask????:D:D so it'll be another day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

@ Cbyrd - I heard the requests yesterday and was wondering if it was yourself or CCL that's gas!
    Poor you that has to be a bit odd having a Doc suggest you do the bould thing while he/she has their hand down there.
    Please God you wont have too long to go now. Whats the max time they'll leave you before they induce you?

next thursday... i'll be 14 days over.. and it was probably all the laughing and carrying on i was getting on with... I told him this was my favourite part after he'd done the scan and was leaving so i could get undressed.. poor guy he's indian and didn't get the joke until the midwife told him i was being sarcastic!!! He was a bit confused looking :eek::D i'm so bold!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

This is gonna be a 2010 baby too Cbyrd! My father in law keeps saying that I want the 2010 plate so its worth more (He's in car sales of course!)

Was getting a few pains last night and got awful excited! Then I fell asleep and now nothing all day :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I keep getting told that a January birthday will mean baby will be a great athlete! So you might have the next Usain Bolt! LOL!

Today's gripe from me: fupping piles. Yowsers!

That and some silly bint in Dunnes running into my butt with her damn trolley and not even apologising. I took great pleasure in fecking her trolley the hell outta my way further down the aisle!

Bwah ha! So evil today!

• Advertisement

cbyrd wrote: »
    next thursday... i'll be 14 days over.. and it was probably all the laughing and carrying on i was getting on with... I told him this was my favourite part after he'd done the scan and was leaving so i could get undressed.. poor guy he's indian and didn't get the joke until the midwife told him i was being sarcastic!!! He was a bit confused looking :eek::D i'm so bold!!!

Hilarious!!!:D would love to try that on my doc though knowing my luck it'd come out wrong and I've have the guy completely freaked out!!

Poor CCL, hopefully the pains are a sign that you're going to go in soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I keep getting told that a January birthday will mean baby will be a great athlete! So you might have the next Usain Bolt! LOL!

Today's gripe from me: fupping piles. Yowsers!

That and some silly bint in Dunnes running into my butt with her damn trolley and not even apologising. I took great pleasure in fecking her trolley the hell outta my way further down the aisle!

Bwah ha! So evil today!

Same thing happened to me! Was in Dunnes and Tesco today and discovered people who shopped in Tesco today were much nicer, friendly, better mannered people than the ones in Dunnes. A guy did the same thing to me...kept clipping me in the heels, and then rammed his trolley right into my lower back (we all know THAT was a bright idea!!) because I wasnt going fast enough for him. I wasn't going fast eno0ugh because EVERYONE was at a halt. I called him an asshole and roared at him... :mad::o

Today was just a crap day all round. More nasty relatives, serious hormones, and i've been crying all night. I hate being pregnant and have even considered adoption today. I think I'd like to hibernate till march!! lol

cbyrd and CCL here's to hoping for a REAL new years baby. May the labour pains begin tonight!!

I had the same, I went to Blanchardstown shopping centre 2 days before Christmas (stupid/stupid/stupid I know!). I'm normally a relatively calm person but how I didn't flatten one of the umpteen shoppers that walked into me I don't know!

Like hello I'm the width of 3 people with my big belly, its not like I'm hard to notice!

The worse one's are the aggressive buggy wielding maniacs they use their child & buggy as a lethal weapon & cut the ankles off you with the buggy.
    You would think having gone through pregnancy themselves they'd have some empathy!

Poor CCL, hopefully the pains are a sign that you're going to go in soon?

I think it was just a sign that I needed to pee... again!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

ok I was away for just 3 days in the outback where no reception and no net connection. Spent all day yesterday getting the house ship shape again after christmas, and had to spend the last hour reading this thread, cos u girls have been writing flippin essays!!! Now cranky cos I've not eaten yet!
    Hacked, hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end.
    CCL and Cbyrd, I really feel for you guys, it must be sooo frustrating at this stage of things. Lots of telly to keep your mind off things I reckon!
    And Really understand the whole thing about people in grocery shops, I am so short tempered these days, there was a few people really nearly got it from me recently. I have become so safety conscious, and get seriously hassled if I think me or my bump are in any danger, even from a shopping trolley.:D

• Advertisement

fi1979 wrote: »
    ok I was away for just 3 days in the outback where no reception and no net connection. Spent all day yesterday getting the house ship shape again after christmas, and had to spend the last hour reading this thread, cos u girls have been writing flippin essays!!! Now cranky cos I've not eaten yet!
    Hacked, hang in there, it'll be worth it in the end.
    CCL and Cbyrd, I really feel for you guys, it must be sooo frustrating at this stage of things. Lots of telly to keep your mind off things I reckon!
    And Really understand the whole thing about people in grocery shops, I am so short tempered these days, there was a few people really nearly got it from me recently. I have become so safety conscious, and get seriously hassled if I think me or my bump are in any danger, even from a shopping trolley.:D

I'm not so bad with trolley's...I take it out on those people more though because I can.

Cars have been awful lately. I got clipped the other day because some asshole decided he just wantedto speed around the corner....grazed my leg! I lost the plot and flipped him the bird. People are so dangerous! I live on a road where they are very rude and aggressive.

I'm actually ok, I have just learned that I suffer from severe third trimester hormones. I don't think I've ever been so sensitive in my entire life!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Be careful out there on the ice ladies. This time last year when I was 6 months gone I slipped in town. Luckily I fell forward onto my hands and the bump was safe! However, a couple of days ago I was walking along one minute and the next thing I know I'm on flat out on my back on the ground having whacked my head off the concrete. Some nice man picked me up and looked a bit embarrassed as I shook and cried! Of course I had no mobile phone with me so I had to inch my way home, while slipping and sliding. It was traumatic and my whole body has been aching but feel better now. I'm terrified on the paths now and don' know how I'm going to cope back in work on Monday.

My hormones are still running riot! I was watching a show I recorded on Sky Plus last night called The Restaurant. Two celebrities were in a cooking competition and I actually cried when Mary Kennedy won. Mental :D

Had a dry retch over the loo this morning, so figure I'll be having a visit from the pregnancy sickness fairy soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I'm still only 13 weeks girls but I'm already so paranoid about safety. I gave up bringing DD to creche 10 miles away a week ago even though they didn't close up shop till last Wednesday because I just couldn't face the icy roads and having to get up at 6 instead of 6.45. Also my poor hubby was having to brave the roads to go get her in the afternoons and that wasn't on either. So Ive been bringing her to work in the morning and hubby has been taking her in the afternoon. Having her at work is stressful when its very busy but still not nearly as stressful as driving at 10 miles per hour over 3 inch thick crusts of ice. I don't think Im gonna bring her back till all this frosty weather clears up. Used my lovely Fenjal shower oil today. Feel super. I totally credit that stuff with having no stretch marks last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Fecking roads... took us nearly half an hour to drive from the in laws house five minutes away to our house... madness out there... probably should have just stayed but the dogs needed to be fed

day 8... i feel like i should be going into a diary room...!! i was so tired today but i still cooked a dinner then got in the bath for about an hour and a half painted my toenails and had a general pamper...;) bit crampy today after the sweep and had a show this morning but i'm not getting my hopes up.:D made the huge mistake of telling the oh that i had a show and now he keeps looking at me.. i know he thinks i'm going to deliver the baby in 10 minutes on the sitting room floor:D:D:D:D plank!!!

The roads to my mams house were like glass for over a week i took a big slide down it on wed last managed to stay out of the ditch thank god but only just frightened the life out of the kids and me but not enough to start labour... bloody lazy baby:eek::eek::D:D hopefully it'll sleep as well after it's born!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Cbyrd! Are you going to H. St? Might see you there!

We had to bring my poor grandchildless dad to the airport today. The roads were just horrendous but sure what could we do! Lots of flights delayed and cancelled so the airport was manic, and believe me, an airport full of delayed travellers do not give a hoot about a woman who's baby was due last year! I just had to make my beeline for the toilet and hopr for the best... probably a few people out there with concussion after being knocked out of the way :D

Luckily the in-laws only live next door so there was no problem in getting the New Years dinner today!

Oh and Happy New Year to all you ladies and bumps :) An exciting 2010 ahead for all of us pg!

I'm in drogheda... so any appointment i had there i was on my own.. they have the c-diff infection so partners are not welcome only to attend the birth and to visit..

nothing yet..:( nada .. and as for shops.. i avoid them like the plague. i write lists and send people and grocery shopping i go to tesco after 7 or 8 on a saturday so it's not busy.. i HATE shopping even when i'm not pregnant.. i get pedestrian rage!!

My husbands car was frozen this morning and wouldn't start it was -8 at 8am this morning so he's taken my car.(this is the one he wants me to trade in and i won't ,big discussions over it have ended in rows.. not anymore:D:D) . his car is still frozen still won't start and i'm supposed to be going to my mam's for dinner!:confused: i can't leave the house and i've no food in the house.My brother and his wife are home from LA with their baby my dad can't drive (after effects of chemo.. numb hands and feet) my mam is working so we're all stranded... he didn't even ask..told me on the phone it was the lesser of two evils either go or wake me up!!!!:D my girls are watching home alone for the 400th time i know the script at this stage i'm so fed up. it takes a lot for me to get this contrary;)

aw i'm sorry cbyrd. Hope the little one is an absoloute angel for you once it's born!

fr****************!!!!!!!! that is what I think of you snow...and ice. That is what I think of YOU!! First time in a week I ventured out to actually do something, only to get sent home 20 feet from the house because it was too icy for me to walk. No wonder I'm depressed. I need to know there are other humans out there!! :p

hacked wrote: »
    aw i'm sorry cbyrd. Hope the little one is an absoloute angel for you once it's born!

fr****************!!!!!!!! that is what I think of you snow...and ice. That is what I think of YOU!! First time in a week I ventured out to actually do something, only to get sent home 20 feet from the house because it was too icy for me to walk. No wonder I'm depressed. I need to know there are other humans out there!! :p

We're here and stranded also! OH is braving it in a few minutes to go and get "supplies"! Which means ice-cream and chocolate for me... and yoghurts for Addison and milk for the breakfast in the morning!! Tried to bring Addison out in the snow this morning but she was having none of it lol too cold for her!

we got no snow i wouldn't mind if we did, it would give me something to do!! just ice.. i've no cleaning left to do.. i can re-arrange my bag again i suppose...:D boredom doesn't sit well with me..is it just me or is tv crap again this christmas?? where was mary poppins or my fair lady or the original willy wonka??? and no it's a wonderful life either...:( god i'm so bloody bored i could scream :(:(:( i thought i'd have a baby to be fussing over by now... i want to cry but i'll just upset the girls... god bless who ever started this thread;)

• Advertisement

No, you are completley on the money. Christmas tv was brutal this year. I think I watched one movie...maybe two. The bad weather wouldn't have been so bad if we could have just watched tv...but there weren't even any decent shows on!

TV is crap... even though all I'm watching at the moment is Imagination Movers... Addison is dancing :o

Ah bless her. :)

Drake and Josh has not shut up for two days now. Anyone else find them irratingly obnoxious?
    I have been watching How I Met Your Mother online for two days now. It's a great show, but constantly sitting in front of my computer is slowly killing my will to live.

beverley hills chihuahua... what almighty crap.. cream crackers and tea for lunch cos i've no shopping done.. :eek: am going to check the car...

i hate drake and josh and i hate icarly immensely... :)

We are lucky, we had guests yesterday and had a big ham bought a few days prior to the snow and ice. We are all eting the remains of the ham.

Beerly Hills chihuahua did look awful. And YES...icarly is even worse. The blonde one drives me nuts.

I thank God everyday that I don't have to watch those programs. Imagination Movers is good for some hot totty... Dave is pretty cute... don't tell himself I said that though :D

the battery is dead as a dodo... of course i have a jump start battery tyre inflating big light charge you phone amazing thingy that i insisted i got for christmas last year in my boot.. but guess where that is... ah ha in dublin... :eek: maybe i'll ring him and tell him i've gone into labour?? :D would that be mean??:D lol

And when he gets home just say "false alarm!"... not mean in the slightest ;)

I'm actually now in the flithiest mood ever. I've been locked in the house for over a week now, and haven't seen anybody. Haven't been able to go anywhere. the ice is too bad, and everyone keeps going out and telling me I can't come because it's too dangerous. I'm so freakin lonely and bored. Raaaar!!!! Out of my system.

• Advertisement

i've only been stuck in yesterday and today so i can't inagine how bored and lonely you are...
    so i'm going to brave it and actually dress myself today and walk over to my friends house... it's about a mile... maybe it'll get me started you never know:D she's minding the girls for me anyway when i do go in only problem is if i start in her house she's likely to have a heart attack!!!!!:D she's of the very faint hearted..:D

Advertisement